Windows 10: Recycle bin corrupted, can't fix it because it's stuck in a limbo

Discus and support Recycle bin corrupted, can't fix it because it's stuck in a limbo in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a weird problem. I reinstalled my Windows and the Xbox (Beta) app wasn't able to find my installed games so I had to delete them manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/filben, Jan 25, 2020.

1. /u/filben Win User

Recycle bin corrupted, can't fix it because it's stuck in a limbo

I have a weird problem. I reinstalled my Windows and the Xbox (Beta) app wasn't able to find my installed games so I had to delete them manually (because the stupid app wouldn't let me reinstall them on the same drive). Now MS don't want you to have access to the game files so I forced my way through (since the Xbox app couldn't find my games I couldn't uninstall/erase them probably through that app), took ownership of the folders and deleted them.

Now it seems they are stuck on my recycle bin (on ERecycle bin corrupted, can't fix it because it's stuck in a limbo :). Everytime I want to delete anything on E:\ Windows says that the recycle bin is corrupted and if I want to empty it. When I say yes, I see some files like S-1-5-21-1529280307-886459329-2985649333-1001 but I can't delete them. It says "unspecified error."

So I access the recycle bin via cmd (as admin) -> e: -> cd e:\$recycle.bin

And when I type rd /s and use the tab key I can auto fill the directories that are still there. When I want to delete them it says "S-1-5-21-1529280307-886459329-2985649333-1001\$RDEY1SO\MICROS~3.0_X - The system cannot find the path specified."

I already tried rd /s /q e:\$recycle.bin but then it says:

"e:\$Recycle.bin\S-1-5-~3\$RDEY1SO\MICROS~3.0_X - The system cannot find the path specified.

e:\$Recycle.bin\S-1-5-~3\$RDEY1SO\MICROS~2.0_X - The system cannot find the path specified.

e:\$Recycle.bin\S-1-5-~3\$RDEY1SO\WADJET~1.0_X - The system cannot find the path specified.

e:\$Recycle.bin\S-1-5-~2\$R3SDU99\WADJET~1.0_X - The system cannot find the path specified.

e:\$Recycle.bin\S-1-5-~2\$R3SDU99 - Access is denied.

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

How can use my recycle bin again and fix this issue?

EDIT: I can see the folder structure via TreeSize but I can't delete them: https://i.imgur.com/Qrl7pwW.jpg

submitted by /u/filben
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/filben, Jan 25, 2020

2. D:/ Recycle Bin is Corrupted

Hello Robert,

The tutorial below can help show you step by step on how to fix the corrupted Recycle Bin on your "D" drive.

Fix Corrupted Recycle Bin in Windows

Shawn Brink, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Jan Del Win User
    recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Recycle bin corrupted, can't fix it because it's stuck in a limbo

Corrupted recycle bin

When I turn on the computer each day, I get a message "The Recycle Bin on G:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this Drive\?" Drive G is where I have my Passport external drive for backup. Any suggestions on how to address and resolve this? Thanks.

davidlaw69, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Recycle bin corrupted, can't fix it because it's stuck in a limbo

1. Recycle bin corrupted, can't fix it because it's stuck in a limbo - Similar Threads - Recycle bin corrupted

2. Recycle bin corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle bin corrupted: Hello,I got an error message that my recycle bin on my D drive is corrupted.i tried to use cmd to delete the recycle bin folder but it says "the system cannot find the path specified." I also tried sfc /scannow but it didnt find anything....
  3. Recycle bin is corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle bin is corrupted: When I turn on my laptop it goes to a blue screen with the date and time. When I push “enter” it gives me the message:“Recycle bin is corrupted. Do you want to empty…? But I can’t click “yes” or “no” nothing happens. After 15 seconds or so it goes back to the blue screen. I...
  4. Fix corrupted recycle bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fix corrupted recycle bin: DaveM 121 had the clearest answer for how to solve this problem for someone who doesn't know the terms used to find what I wanted to do. It was easy and he didn't try to sell me anything. Thank you Dave....
  5. Corrupt Recycle Bin and cannot fix it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupt Recycle Bin and cannot fix it.: I was clearing out old files I no longer wanted, and it seems that Microsoft's Halo MCC's lurking files are trying to screw me over. "D:\>rd /s /q d:\$Recycle.bin...
  6. corrupted recycle bin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    corrupted recycle bin: response to rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin is access denied. How do I delete recycle bin to fix corrupt problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-recycle/4388b107-bb28-413d-8578-6defd768932b
  7. Can't fix corrupted Recycle Bin (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't fix corrupted Recycle Bin (Windows 10): I have a classic problem where I cannot empty my recycle bin and suspect it is corrupt. However, I don't seem to be able to apply the 'usual' fix to the problem. I have two drives c: and d: I have managed to remove the $recycle.bin directory and all sub directories from...
  8. Recycle bin corrupted? Can't empty it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle bin corrupted? Can't empty it: I have a 8TB external HDD, After organizing (adding, deleting renaming, replacing... deleting more) I notice it started to slow down quite a lot. Specially when deleting So I try to empty the recycle bin, but it is NOT getting populated. I wait overnight on Empty the RB...
  9. Fix Corrupted Recycle Bin in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fix Corrupted Recycle Bin in Windows: How to: Fix Corrupted Recycle Bin in Windows How to Fix Corrupted Recycle Bin in Windows The Recycle Bin provides a safety net when deleting files or folders. When you delete any of these items from a hard disk, Windows places it in the Recycle Bin and the Recycle Bin...
  10. Recycle bin is corrupted

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle bin is corrupted: I tried the method of rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin in cmd prompt but this is what happens: C:\WINDOWS\system32>rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.binC:\$Recycle.bin\S-1-5-~1\$R932BU1\3DMGAM~1.CRA\2016年全 部热门单机游戏及汉化下载.url - Access is denied....