Windows 10: Recycle Bin for Flash Drive

Discus and support Recycle Bin for Flash Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Would there be any other way to move all deleted files from Flash Drive to the Recycle Bin and restore the deleted files? If not, would you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John_2007, Oct 14, 2019.

1. John_2007 Win User

Recycle Bin for Flash Drive

Hello,

Would there be any other way to move all deleted files from Flash Drive to the Recycle Bin and restore the deleted files?

If not, would you know any other third party app?

Thank you,

:)

John_2007, Oct 14, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Recycle Bin on Flash drive

Hi CEhmke,

By default Windows will not create a Recycle bin on a flash Drive, only internal and external hard drives. Files deleted on a flash drive are gone forever . . .

There are 3rd party utilities that create a Recycle Bin on a flash Drive, but I would assume that utility would have to be installed on all the PC's you use that flash drive on . ..

DaveM121, Oct 14, 2019
  3. BruceKSP Win User
    Recycle Bin on flash drives and SD cards

I have many flash drives. Most do not have a recycle bin and a few that seem to have one don't recycle.

One flash drive does have a working recycle bin - a SanDisk Cruzer Glide 32 GB. When the flash drive is inserted, I can right click on the Recycle Bin icon, Properties and see it. It works as expected, one can recycle. I have other drives which seem to be
    exactly the same and they don't have a working recycle bin. Why does only that one flash drive have a working recycle bin?

I would like to have a recycle bin on some flash drives and especially on a 64 GB SDXC card I am using in my ASUS X205T as a data drive since it only has a 32 GB "HD".

I there anyway to get a working recycle bin on these drives?

BruceKSP, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Recycle Bin for Flash Drive - Similar Threads - Recycle Bin Flash

2. How to enable recycle bin for USB flash drives?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to enable recycle bin for USB flash drives?: There is recycle bin for all hard disks in my computer, which allows me to recover files from it easily. But I found if the files are in the USB drive, delete them means to delete them permanently. Because USB drives don't have recycle bin by default. I can't recovery data...
  3. How to enable recycle bin for USB flash drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable recycle bin for USB flash drives?: There is recycle bin for all hard disks in my computer, which allows me to recover files from it easily. But I found if the files are in the USB drive, delete them means to delete them permanently. Because USB drives don't have recycle bin by default. I can't recovery data...
  4. How to enable recycle bin for USB flash drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Thumb drive recycle bin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumb drive recycle bin?: After the debacle of losing my trusty old computer's hard drive to old age, I've gone overboard attaching 12 thumb drives to my current one as a safety net.I save almost all my documents, images etc there.The downside seems to be that Windows 10 or 11? won't install etc a...
  6. Thumb drive recycle bin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumb drive recycle bin?: After the debacle of losing my trusty old computer's hard drive to old age, I've gone overboard attaching 12 thumb drives to my current one as a safety net.I save almost all my documents, images etc there.The downside seems to be that Windows 10 or 11? won't install etc a...
  7. Thumb drive recycle bin?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. No recycle bin on D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No recycle bin on D drive: I noticed my files were getting permanently deleted from my D: drive and realized there was no recycle bin on it. No idea what to do, how do I get Windows to recreate one? Already tried formatting drive, but that did nothing. Copying $RECYCYLE.BIN from other drive doesn't...
  9. No recycle bin on D-drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No recycle bin on D-drive: Problem visualized I noticed my files were getting permanently deleted from my D: drive and realized there was no recycle bin on it. No idea what to do, how do I get Windows to recreate one? Already tried formatting drive, but that did nothing. Copying $RECYCYLE.BIN from...
  10. USB Flash files to recycle bin ? how to

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB Flash files to recycle bin ? how to: Hi Currently when I delete a file from a USB flash drive it gets deleted but don't know where to. I would like to set USB Flash to recycle bin of deleted files if possible, can you help with a path and setting? Thanks 161288