Windows 10: Recycle Bin in Windows Disk Cleanup

Discus and support Recycle Bin in Windows Disk Cleanup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I use the windows disk cleanup utility I have to check the recycle bin. Is there a way in Windows 10 to always have the recycle bin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LUVSITE, May 23, 2019.

1. LUVSITE Win User

Recycle Bin in Windows Disk Cleanup

Every time I use the windows disk cleanup utility I have to check the recycle bin. Is there a way in Windows 10 to always have the recycle bin checked?

:)

LUVSITE, May 23, 2019

2. No disk cleanup?

shouldnt be disk clean up at tools tab
    recycle bin for this drive is disabled. rclick on recycle bin -> properties->drive tab -> uncheck dont use recycle bin on this drive

ne6togadno, May 23, 2019
  3. JamesJoey Win User
    Disk Cleanup Not Cleaning Ext. HDD Recycle Bin

I ran disk cleanup and selected my external hdd and selected the recycle bin.
    After 10 minutes disk cleanup closed. But, the Recycle bin still has the files in it.
    I manually cleaned the recycle bin and it took 2 minutes.

Am I missing something with Disk Cleanup??

James

JamesJoey, May 23, 2019
  4. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, May 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Recycle Bin in Windows Disk Cleanup - Similar Threads - Recycle Bin Disk

2. Change settings for autmatic recycle bin cleanup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change settings for autmatic recycle bin cleanup?: Windows 11 is emptying my Recycle Bin on its own. I need to turn that off or drastically increase the amount of storage in the Recycle Bin that triggers it.The instructions Microsoft gives for this, e.g. at Manage drive space with Storage Sense - Microsoft Support, do not...
  3. Change settings for autmatic recycle bin cleanup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change settings for autmatic recycle bin cleanup?: Windows 11 is emptying my Recycle Bin on its own. I need to turn that off or drastically increase the amount of storage in the Recycle Bin that triggers it.The instructions Microsoft gives for this, e.g. at Manage drive space with Storage Sense - Microsoft Support, do not...
  4. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recycle bin: I followed the instructions for showing recycle bin on my desktop, the box next to "recycle bin" is checked in my desktop settings menu, but there is no recycle bin on my desktop. I searched "recycle bin" in "my computer" folder and in my user folder, and it cannot be found....
  5. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin: I can not find the recycle bin on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/915eb735-58dc-40c8-b42f-492b1f9e5cd4
  6. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin: My deleted files are "always permanently deleted". the option to send files to recycle bin is greyed out. I prefer to have the files go to the recycle bin, but I can never do this....
  7. recycle bin

recycle bin: My recycle bin is gone I have tried going to personalization still no recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/d0b32fab-3259-4323-92e9-b49ecdd6f9f5
  8. Recycle bin

Recycle bin: My recycle bin has gone form the desktop. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/1ecc9392-6e4d-452d-90f8-be9108c77f6e
  9. Disk Cleanup Not Cleaning Ext. HDD Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup Not Cleaning Ext. HDD Recycle Bin: I ran disk cleanup and selected my external hdd and selected the recycle bin. After 10 minutes disk cleanup closed. But, the Recycle bin still has the files in it. I manually cleaned the recycle bin and it took 2 minutes. Am I missing something with Disk Cleanup?? James...
  10. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    recycle bin: Since the 10061 build, I have several times noticed the recycle bin showing full and when I looked there was nothing in it. When I went back to desktop the bin showed empty. 5635

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 disk clean up not deleting recycle bin