Windows 10: Recycle Bin is all over the Pictures and Videos folders

Discus and support Recycle Bin is all over the Pictures and Videos folders in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The Recycle bin is meant to be in the root of the local hard drives, yet when I opened the properties for it, why does it look like this: [img] 92913 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by HoneycombWX, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Recycle Bin is all over the Pictures and Videos folders

The Recycle bin is meant to be in the root of the local hard drives, yet when I opened the properties for it, why does it look like this:

Recycle Bin is all over the Pictures and Videos folders [​IMG]

:)

HoneycombWX, Sep 6, 2017

2. Win 10 Camer Roll

If you're looking for pictures or videos that were in the folder, check your Recycle Bin folder.

If you just want the folder to be recreated, just use the Camera app to take a picture & it will recreate the folder.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Sep 6, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Is it possible to be able to view the total current MB of files in my recyclable folder?

Thinking about it, the Recycle Bin is probably not actually a folder (directory) rather a virtual folder of Files/Folders marked ready for deletion once the user clicks 'Empty Recycle Bin'.

Though by that logic, all the Library folders My Documents, My Pictures are also virtual folders, yet you can do it in these folders . . .Hmmm!

DaveM121, Sep 6, 2017
  4. Recycle Bin is all over the Pictures and Videos folders

Hi,
    All I show is local disk C :/

ThrashZone, Sep 10, 2017
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    The recycle bin (sys name $Recycle) is a system file located in the partition you are booted from. It has "pointer entries" for every partition that is visible to NTFS. Not uncommon to see multiple entries, especially if you have a lot of externals or partitions. It's all normal.

f14tomcat, Sep 10, 2017
  6. CountMike New Member
    What did you expect i relation to root ? If you enable hidden files and folders you can find "$Recycle.Bin" in each drive/partition root folder.

CountMike, Sep 10, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    CountMike & f14tomcat,

As well as the C:\ D:\ and other drives you'd expect the OP's screenshot shows Camera Roll and Captures as having their own Recycle bins. Mine don't, do yours?

8. CountMike New Member

Recycle Bin is all over the Pictures and Videos folders

Nope, those things I have on the phone only, not using them on desktop at all.

CountMike, Sep 10, 2017
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    Sorry for late....no, not mine. I do use Phone Companion, though (FWIW). Possibly something to do with the OneDrive option below? S.W.A.G. .....

f14tomcat, Sep 10, 2017
  10. Dane Win User
    It's normal, this Property show you all drives you have, and you can set up Recycle Bin size for each drive

Thema:

Recycle Bin is all over the Pictures and Videos folders

1. Recycle Bin is all over the Pictures and Videos folders - Similar Threads - Recycle Bin Pictures

2. Deleted folder to recycle bin and emptied bin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted folder to recycle bin and emptied bin?: Hi. I had 2 important pic files from MY PICTURES that got in the recycle bin. I deleted/emptied the files in recycle bin before I knew my pic file was in there.Is there a secondary way to get the files back from recycle bin? I tried to do a restore time on computer, but it...
  3. Deleted folder to recycle bin and emptied bin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted folder to recycle bin and emptied bin?: Hi. I had 2 important pic files from MY PICTURES that got in the recycle bin. I deleted/emptied the files in recycle bin before I knew my pic file was in there.Is there a secondary way to get the files back from recycle bin? I tried to do a restore time on computer, but it...
  4. Old recycle bin folder points to new recycle bin folder instead of the original?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old recycle bin folder points to new recycle bin folder instead of the original?: So I recently built myself a new desktop, and I want to decommission the old one for new uses. I've backed up most of the data off the old one, except for the old windows 10 boot drive my new desktop is windows 11. I went onto my old desktop, opened up command prompt as...
  5. Old recycle bin folder points to new recycle bin folder instead of the original?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old recycle bin folder points to new recycle bin folder instead of the original?: So I recently built myself a new desktop, and I want to decommission the old one for new uses. I've backed up most of the data off the old one, except for the old windows 10 boot drive my new desktop is windows 11. I went onto my old desktop, opened up command prompt as...
  6. Unwanted folders in Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted folders in Recycle Bin: I have one, two and occasionally three unwanted folders which regularly but not always, re-appear in my Recycle Bin. I have tried deleting them separately. Restoring them doesn't make them appear back in their original place. They were all created, used and deleted empty over...
  7. Lost folder in recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost folder in recycle bin: I accidentally dragged my folder with important contents into the recycle bin. Now I have a copy of the folder on my desktop, but when I click on it, it says: The item 'folder' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will not work properly. Do...
  8. DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF: HOW CAN I DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE "recycle bin" ITSELF? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-all-files-in-recycle-bin-or-delete-recycle/eb83336a-44d1-47be-b51a-808eb6cbfc16
  9. All loose files in documents folder disappeared and not in recycle bin

All loose files in documents folder disappeared and not in recycle bin: I was on File Explorer today and I saw that under the quick access section the documents folder had disappeared so i pinned it back and thought nothing of it. Then I look now and all my files that were loose in the documents folder have disappeared and they are not in the...
  10. Lost pictures from recycle bin

Lost pictures from recycle bin: Hi there, After i deleted accidentally a folder with vacation pictures from desktop, again without paying attention i had empty recycle bin at 6 AM on Saturday 18.01.2020. What chances do i have to recuperate them? Thank you,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. $recycle bin all over my pc

2. My Documents\My Pictures\$recycle.bin