Windows 10: Recycle bin is missing

Discus and support Recycle bin is missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use Windows 10. Recycle bin is not working. I am not in table mode. I tried to personalize desktop icons, an I can not checkmark Recycle bin - as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vilma777, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Vilma777 Win User

Recycle bin is missing

I use Windows 10.

Recycle bin is not working.

I am not in table mode. I tried to personalize desktop icons, an I can not checkmark Recycle bin - as shown on the picture below.

Recycle bin is missing ed17d5af-2449-40f8-b8bc-58f677f99f8a?upload=true.jpg

I tried to access recycle bin by explorer using C:$Recyclebin. But it was written that recycle bin is empty.

:)

Vilma777, Oct 17, 2019
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Oct 17, 2019
  3. ipellant Win User
    Missing desktop icons and recycle bin

No problems on the current Windows 10 on three computers I have running dual screens. Desktop Icons only appear on the primary screen.

All icons including the Recycle Bin not showing. The Recycle Bin could be the cause.

There was a bug / glitch during the Insider Preview builds that would flash up a message saying the Recycle Bin was corrupted or missing.

It seems that the Recycle Bin attempts to build a list of recycled files on all the drives on the computer. If the recycled files id is out of sync, that caused the bin to fail.

Suggest:

Copy some files; then delete them; then reboot and see if the Recycle Bin appears.

ipellant, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Ira137 Win User

Recycle bin is missing

Recycle bin missing

I am using windows 10 and suddenly my desktop recycle bin icon disappeared. I tried the following fix which did not fix it.

Assuming you meant Recycle Bin icon is missing from your desktop.......Right click at an open space of desktop > Personalize > left column, Change Destop Icons > checkmark at Recycle Bin > OK when done.

Can you suggest another fix? Thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Ira137, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Recycle bin is missing

1. Recycle bin is missing - Similar Threads - Recycle bin missing

2. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recycle bin: I followed the instructions for showing recycle bin on my desktop, the box next to "recycle bin" is checked in my desktop settings menu, but there is no recycle bin on my desktop. I searched "recycle bin" in "my computer" folder and in my user folder, and it cannot be found....
  3. $recycle bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    $recycle bin: If I uncheck show hidden protected operating system, the $recycle bin is seen. Is it safe to delete inside $recycle bin file? Its my first time and i don't know its safe or not....
  4. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin: I can not find the recycle bin on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/915eb735-58dc-40c8-b42f-492b1f9e5cd4
  5. Missing Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Recycle Bin: all of a sudden I can't see the icon of the recycle bin any longer in the left pane of the Windows Explorer screen. I can see it on the desktop but as I keep the desktop normally hidden (clean desktop policy) I don't see it there either. Can anyone help me recover the missing...
  6. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin: My deleted files are "always permanently deleted". the option to send files to recycle bin is greyed out. I prefer to have the files go to the recycle bin, but I can never do this....
  7. recycle bin

recycle bin: My recycle bin is gone I have tried going to personalization still no recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/d0b32fab-3259-4323-92e9-b49ecdd6f9f5
  8. Recycle bin

Recycle bin: My recycle bin has gone form the desktop. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/1ecc9392-6e4d-452d-90f8-be9108c77f6e
  9. Recycle Bin missing ability to Empty

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recycle Bin missing ability to Empty: Saw a thread on the eight forums that might help me but had some issues with merging... Solved Getting back 'Empty Recycle Bin' Context Menu On Recycle Bin So apparently a program I uninstalled that had some controls over my Recycle Bin (from IObit, what garbage) has now...
  10. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    recycle bin: Since the 10061 build, I have several times noticed the recycle bin showing full and when I looked there was nothing in it. When I went back to desktop the bin showed empty. 5635