Windows 10: Recycle Bin keeps disappearing from desktop

Discus and support Recycle Bin keeps disappearing from desktop in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Since the last update every time I turn on my system the recycle bin disappears and I have to reinstall it. Today I have spent 30 minutes trying to get... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Reblacklaf, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Recycle Bin keeps disappearing from desktop

Since the last update every time I turn on my system the recycle bin disappears and I have to reinstall it. Today I have spent 30 minutes trying to get it reinstalled to the desktop but am not able to resurrect it.

Randall Black

:)

Reblacklaf, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Recycle Bin disappeared

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with recovering your accidentally deleted pictures as Recycle Bin has disappeared. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the instructions provided below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Go to click View option.
    • Double click on Options, on the top right windows
    • Go to View tab.
    • Check on "Show hidden files, folders and drives ".
    • And uncheck on "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)".
    • Click on Apply and
      OK
      button.
    Step 2:

• Now, go back to File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC, from right hand side panel.
    • Double click on C drive.
    • Right click on $Recycle.Bin
    • Select Send to option.
    • Click on Desktop (create shortcut).
    The recycle bin shortcut shall be created on the desktop.

Note: Check on "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" by follow step 1.

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Recycle Bin keeps disappearing from desktop

Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Recycle Bin keeps disappearing from desktop

1. Recycle Bin keeps disappearing from desktop - Similar Threads - Recycle Bin keeps

2. Desktop shortcuts/files disappear and goes to recycle bin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop shortcuts/files disappear and goes to recycle bin: I don't know how to explain it much, but it seems like the icons on my desktop are sometimes missing. For example, today I feel like an icon missing but I don't know what it is. I checked the recycle bin and the Discord shortcut is in the it. I also had a folder that...
  3. Recycle bin keeps corrupting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle bin keeps corrupting: Every so often, my computer will tell me that the recycle bin has been corrupted. This only happens when my computer is asleep, and when I open my laptop to view this message, it locks my PC and I can't do anything. I have to hold down the power button. And no matter what I...
  4. Recycle bin keeps corrupting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle bin keeps corrupting: Every so often, my computer will tell me that the recycle bin has been corrupted. This only happens when my computer is asleep, and when I open my laptop to view this message, it locks my PC and I can't do anything. I have to hold down the power button. And no matter what I...
  5. Recycle bin keeps corrupting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Files & Folders moving from Desktop to Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files & Folders moving from Desktop to Recycle Bin: Dear Microsoft,Hope you are well!I am having trouble in my HP system. Long story short, about 6-7 months ago, my system got updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Since I have updated to Windows 11, my system started to work a little slow, to obvious reasons that all the apps...
  7. Desktop icons in recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons in recycle bin: Hi guys, Having a small problem where i go to start my laptop in the morning after using it the night before and for some reason alot of my desktop icons have been sent to my recycle bin? So every morning i have to restore them all... it`s a bit annoying. I have Sync turned...
  8. RECYCLE BIN NOT ON DESKTOP

in Windows 10 Customization
    RECYCLE BIN NOT ON DESKTOP: HOW DO I ADD RECYCLE BIN TO MY DESKTOP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-not-on-desktop/1bc67ee1-8862-48e4-b71a-e4c1de4a4640
  9. Recycle Bin on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin on desktop: I can't access this folder on my desktop icon to see what is in it, please can you help me? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-on-desktop/22ccbdea-d6b5-4416-b4ee-4fb418c0652e"
  10. How to remove recycle bin from desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove recycle bin from desktop?: I can not believe, I am actually asking this, but I can not find the answer. *Redface 8501