Windows 10: Recycle bin not working as usual.

Discus and support Recycle bin not working as usual. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, this is surprising. I just noticed this, but I don't know since when it's happening, but here's the problem: once I delete something, it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ghost82, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Ghost82 Win User

Recycle bin not working as usual.

So, this is surprising. I just noticed this, but I don't know since when it's happening, but here's the problem: once I delete something, it doesn't appear on the recycle bin. I've checked its configuration and, unless I'm missing something, I think everything is alright. Here is a screenshot to see how I have it configured:

Recycle bin not working as usual. [​IMG]

So, when I delete something (no matter what's the weight, there is not confirmatin dialog, neither is thrown to the bin. Anybody hee is having similar issues?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Ghost82, Nov 14, 2015

2. how to get back my folder deleted

Please see if that is in Recycle bin. Recycle bin is usually found on the desktop.

If you have deleted it directly bypassing Recycle bin, you can use Recuva to find it:

Download Recuva | Recover deleted files, free!

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 14, 2015
  3. Ruz San Win User
    locate recycle bin on windows 10

Hi Joan,

The Recycle Bin is usually available on your desktop in Windows 10. If it is nowhere to be found, it's possible that it has been hidden. You can show the Recycle Bin on your computer by following the instructions

here

Let us know if you are able to locate your Recycle Bin after following the steps.

Regards.

Ruz San, Nov 14, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Ghost82, *Smile

Select each drive at the top, and make sure the box is check at the bottom for each one.

Brink, Nov 14, 2015
  5. Ghost82 Win User
    Hi Brink! Yep, they are! The specs for each drive are:

C:, maximum of 5000, request of confirmation.
    D:, maximum of 2000, request of confirmation.
    J:, maximum of 2000, request of confirmation.

But it's still not working.

Ghost82, Nov 14, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Just to verify, if you delete a file on your desktop and open the Recycle Bin, the file is not in the Recycle Bin? Even after refreshing (F5) the Recycle Bin?

If you have windows open, check behind them to see if maybe the delete confirmation may just be covered up. You should see the File Explorer icon on your taskbar highlighted if there's a delete confirmation open.

Brink, Nov 14, 2015
  7. Ghost82 Win User
    Hm... I don't know how, but it seems to be working again as usual. But, surprise!, on one of my drives, it only works properly with "new" files created to test it. The old ones can be lost because Windows is not showing any message of confirmation -I just checked it with some documents I didn't need-, neither is putting them on the recycle bin. That's weird as hell. Maybe it should be related to the indexing service or something like that?

Ghost82, Nov 14, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 14, 2015
  9. Ghost82 Win User
    I'll have a look at it, but as I said, the problem is no that I can't delete files, because I can. The thing is that if I delete it, it does not appear on the recycle bin.

Let me have a look and I'll be back *Smile

Thanks!

Ghost82, Nov 14, 2015
  10. Ghost82 Win User
    Ok, so I did the firs method on that guide and it seems to be working properly. Now, when I delete a file or a folder, it appears on the recycle bin and can be restored.

Thank you very much, Brink!

Ghost82, Nov 14, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I'm glad it was just simple corruption. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Recycle bin not working as usual. - Similar Threads - Recycle bin working

2. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recycle bin: I followed the instructions for showing recycle bin on my desktop, the box next to "recycle bin" is checked in my desktop settings menu, but there is no recycle bin on my desktop. I searched "recycle bin" in "my computer" folder and in my user folder, and it cannot be found....
  3. $recycle bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    $recycle bin: If I uncheck show hidden protected operating system, the $recycle bin is seen. Is it safe to delete inside $recycle bin file? Its my first time and i don't know its safe or not....
  4. Recycle bin not working.

Recycle bin not working.: All of my deleted messages are in the sent folder, why are they not going into Recycle Bin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-bin-not-working/940b6486-6175-4f42-b28c-f2c8fcc296b9
  5. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin: I can not find the recycle bin on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/915eb735-58dc-40c8-b42f-492b1f9e5cd4
  6. Restore in Recycle bin not working

Restore in Recycle bin not working: I had a file in my RecycleBin - Rt clk Restore - did not reach the destination. Pretty sure of the file name/path - did not reach the original location. Simply vanished - cant search for that file anywhere in the system...
  7. Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin: My deleted files are "always permanently deleted". the option to send files to recycle bin is greyed out. I prefer to have the files go to the recycle bin, but I can never do this....
  8. recycle bin

recycle bin: My recycle bin is gone I have tried going to personalization still no recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/d0b32fab-3259-4323-92e9-b49ecdd6f9f5
  9. Recycle bin

Recycle bin: My recycle bin has gone form the desktop. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/1ecc9392-6e4d-452d-90f8-be9108c77f6e
  10. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    recycle bin: Since the 10061 build, I have several times noticed the recycle bin showing full and when I looked there was nothing in it. When I went back to desktop the bin showed empty. 5635