Windows 10: Recycle bin on D drive is corrupted

Discus and support Recycle bin on D drive is corrupted in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Guys, So I was having a previous issue with my computer stuck in a Automatic repair loop and so I just did a clean reinstall of windows on my SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DillonHiggins, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Recycle bin on D drive is corrupted

Hi Guys,

So I was having a previous issue with my computer stuck in a Automatic repair loop and so I just did a clean reinstall of windows on my SSD and formatted my hard drive. Everything was fine until my windows updated a couple days ago and now it says my recycle bin on my D drive is corrupted and when I try to delete the $recycle.bin hidden file it says I cant cause I don't have admin rights. Also I don't have admin rights on my D hard drive.

I have tried everything from trying to give the D drive admin right by changing the owner but that doesn't work cause I don't even see a owner tab, to trying to delete the $recycle.bin folder in safe mode.

Really just want access to my harddrive so I can format it and reinstall my games and programs.

Please help!!!

:)

DillonHiggins, Mar 7, 2019

2. Recycle bin corrupted (repeatedly) on external (encrypted) hard drive

I have a portable encrypted hard drive.

I use it on my Windows 10 Pro desktop PC (10.0.17134 Build 17134), a Windows 10 laptop (unsure of build as being used elsewhere by a colleague) and a Windows 7 laptop.

I have *no* problems on either laptop. No error messages - EVEN IF the desktop has reported an error.

On the Windows 10 Pro desktop, I frequently get a message telling me that the recycle bin on the hard drive is corrupted and asking if I want to empty it.

I have tried:

1. Saying "Yes" and emptying the hard drive.
    2. Deleting the recycle bin ($recycle.bin) on all drives from Windows Explorer.
    3. Opening an elevated command prompt and deleting the recycle bin from all drives using rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin (and repeating for drives D, E, F and G).
    I have followed all the instructions in Windows 10 corrupted Recycle bin

This resolves the problem... for a day or two, if I'm lucky. Then it returns.

Something keeps corrupting it - and only on the desktop computer. No other drives on that computer have an issue reported with corrupt recycle bins.

Any suggestions?

AlisonJPeck, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Corrupted recycle bin

When I turn on the computer each day, I get a message "The Recycle Bin on G:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this Drive\?" Drive G is where I have my Passport external drive for backup. Any suggestions on how to address and resolve this? Thanks.

davidlaw69, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Recycle bin on D drive is corrupted

D:/ Recycle Bin is Corrupted

Hi.

I recently deleted Norton antivirus. Since then, a pop-up started coming up saying: The Recycle Bin on D:/ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?

I press Yes, but a pop-up comes up saying: Access Denied. Ask permission from administrator.

I have an MSI Trident 3 computer with the newest version and security update.

I wanted to contact MSI, but there isn't a hotline for Latvia.

The only admin exept me is MSI.

I tried to delete the Recycle bin through admin CMD, but it said: Access Denied.

I don't want to format my drive because I have 500gb of important stuff on my drive that I can't acces.

All of my games on my D:/ drive can't run because of this.

Here are my specs if they help:

Intel Core i5-7400 @ 3.00GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3gb

8gb RAM

Thanks in advance.

Irēna

PlayerOneLV, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Recycle bin on D drive is corrupted

1. Recycle bin on D drive is corrupted - Similar Threads - Recycle bin drive

2. Recycle bin corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle bin corrupted: Hello,I got an error message that my recycle bin on my D drive is corrupted.i tried to use cmd to delete the recycle bin folder but it says "the system cannot find the path specified." I also tried sfc /scannow but it didnt find anything....
  3. No recycle bin on D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No recycle bin on D drive: I noticed my files were getting permanently deleted from my D: drive and realized there was no recycle bin on it. No idea what to do, how do I get Windows to recreate one? Already tried formatting drive, but that did nothing. Copying $RECYCYLE.BIN from other drive doesn't...
  4. No recycle bin on D-drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No recycle bin on D-drive: Problem visualized I noticed my files were getting permanently deleted from my D: drive and realized there was no recycle bin on it. No idea what to do, how do I get Windows to recreate one? Already tried formatting drive, but that did nothing. Copying $RECYCYLE.BIN from...
  5. corrupted recycle bin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    corrupted recycle bin: response to rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin is access denied. How do I delete recycle bin to fix corrupt problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-recycle/4388b107-bb28-413d-8578-6defd768932b
  6. D:/ Recycle Bin is Corrupted

D:/ Recycle Bin is Corrupted: Hi. I recently deleted Norton antivirus. Since then, a pop-up started coming up saying: The Recycle Bin on D:/ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive? I press Yes, but a pop-up comes up saying: Access Denied. Ask permission from administrator....
  7. D:/ Recycle Bin is Corrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    D:/ Recycle Bin is Corrupted: Hi. I recently deleted Norton antivirus. Since then, a pop-up started coming up saying: The Recycle Bin on D:/ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive? I press Yes, but a pop-up comes up saying: Access Denied. Ask permission from administrator....
  8. Corrupted D drive recycle bin and access denied to $Recycle.bin

Corrupted D drive recycle bin and access denied to $Recycle.bin: hello so after i cleaned up files from my C drive and (i think i removed programs via control panel off the D drive), but anyways, this error pops up and then makes a steam error pop up reading something along the lines of steam unable to write to the D Drive (where my...
  9. D:/ Recycle Bin is Corrupted

10. Recycle bin is corrupted

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle bin is corrupted: I tried the method of rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin in cmd prompt but this is what happens: C:\WINDOWS\system32>rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.binC:\$Recycle.bin\S-1-5-~1\$R932BU1\3DMGAM~1.CRA\2016年全 部热门单机游戏及汉化下载.url - Access is denied....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recycle bin in D drive

2. is a constant corrupt recycle bin indicator of hdd failure