Windows 10: Recycle Bin on desktop

Discus and support Recycle Bin on desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't access this folder on my desktop icon to see what is in it, please can you help me? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarciaCrossland, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Recycle Bin on desktop

I can't access this folder on my desktop icon to see what is in it, please can you help me?

Thanks

:)

MarciaCrossland, Apr 16, 2019

2. Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Jan Del Win User
    recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Apr 16, 2019
  4. ipellant Win User

Recycle Bin on desktop

Missing desktop icons and recycle bin

No problems on the current Windows 10 on three computers I have running dual screens. Desktop Icons only appear on the primary screen.

All icons including the Recycle Bin not showing. The Recycle Bin could be the cause.

There was a bug / glitch during the Insider Preview builds that would flash up a message saying the Recycle Bin was corrupted or missing.

It seems that the Recycle Bin attempts to build a list of recycled files on all the drives on the computer. If the recycled files id is out of sync, that caused the bin to fail.

Suggest:

Copy some files; then delete them; then reboot and see if the Recycle Bin appears.

ipellant, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Recycle Bin on desktop

1. Recycle Bin on desktop - Similar Threads - Recycle Bin desktop

2. Desktop renamed to Recycle Bin, Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop renamed to Recycle Bin, Why?: So I do a lot of development work and am in school at the moment. Usually I can figure these kinds of things out on my own or with a Google search or 10, but this one has me stumped. I noticed the other day while I was trying to navigate to my desktop that it wasn't where...
  3. Desktop renamed to Recycle Bin, Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop renamed to Recycle Bin, Why?: So I do a lot of development work and am in school at the moment. Usually I can figure these kinds of things out on my own or with a Google search or 10, but this one has me stumped. I noticed the other day while I was trying to navigate to my desktop that it wasn't where...
  4. Recycle Bin Empties to Desktop Randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin Empties to Desktop Randomly: I have tried using storage sense and setting the recycle bin to automatically empty every 24 hours but this does not help, for some reason it still randomly empties the contents of the recycle bin onto my desktop for no apparent reason. Any insight would be helpful.Thanks....
  5. Recycle Bin Empties to Desktop Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin Empties to Desktop Randomly: I have tried using storage sense and setting the recycle bin to automatically empty every 24 hours but this does not help, for some reason it still randomly empties the contents of the recycle bin onto my desktop for no apparent reason. Any insight would be helpful.Thanks....
  6. Recycle Bin Empties to Desktop Randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Recycle Bin Randomly Empties to Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin Randomly Empties to Desktop: I have a really annoying issue where my recycling bin randomly empties itself onto my desktop.I'm using windows 10, and I've tried setting the bin to auto delete files to have less files to dump out but it keeps happening every couple of weeks. I'm quite pedantic about my...
  8. Desktop icons in recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons in recycle bin: Hi guys, Having a small problem where i go to start my laptop in the morning after using it the night before and for some reason alot of my desktop icons have been sent to my recycle bin? So every morning i have to restore them all... it`s a bit annoying. I have Sync turned...
  9. RECYCLE BIN NOT ON DESKTOP

in Windows 10 Customization
    RECYCLE BIN NOT ON DESKTOP: HOW DO I ADD RECYCLE BIN TO MY DESKTOP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-not-on-desktop/1bc67ee1-8862-48e4-b71a-e4c1de4a4640
  10. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    recycle bin: Since the 10061 build, I have several times noticed the recycle bin showing full and when I looked there was nothing in it. When I went back to desktop the bin showed empty. 5635