Windows 10: Recycle Bin on Taskbar shows weird string on MouseOver

Discus and support Recycle Bin on Taskbar shows weird string on MouseOver in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a recycle bin on my taskbar. It work fine. The other day I noticed a strange effect. Whenever I mouseover the icon, my tooltip box that shows up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WishYouWereHere, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Recycle Bin on Taskbar shows weird string on MouseOver

I have a recycle bin on my taskbar. It work fine. The other day I noticed a strange effect. Whenever I mouseover the icon, my tooltip box that shows up has a long string of repeating characters. If I mouseover the icon on the desktop (which I normally do not show but have re-enabled it for this issue), I see the standard "Contains the files and folders that you have deleted" message.

I am including two screenshots (one with the mouse elsewhere and the other with the mouseover). Even if I empty the recycle bin I still see the same screenshot.

I *think* one of my cats was standing on my keyboard when I was away from the computer. But I don't know how that would have set this and/or how to remove it. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. It is appreciated.

Regular:

Recycle Bin on Taskbar shows weird string on MouseOver recycle-bin-screenshot-01-a.png

MouseOver:

Recycle Bin on Taskbar shows weird string on MouseOver recycle-bin-screenshot-02-a.png

:)

WishYouWereHere, Feb 21, 2019
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Feb 21, 2019
  3. MartinDK Win User
    Can't Pin Windows 10 Recycle Bin to Taskbar

Hi - you can fix this problem by first creating a shortcut for the recyle bin. Once you've done this you'll be able to pin it to your start menu and the taskbar. For some reason if you don't use a shortcut you can only pin the recycle bin to the start menu
    and not the taskbar. So here are the steps you need to do in full..

• go to desktop and make sure you've got 'show desktop' icons selected so you can view the desktop icons including the recyle bin.
    • right click the recycle bin and choose the option to create a shortcut. This creates a short cut icon to the recyle bin on the desktop (yes, of itself pretty useless but it is this that fixes the problem for us!)
    • now select and right click the shortcut you created in Step 2. above and choose the option to 'pin to start'. This creates a tile on your start menu to the recycle bin.
    • goto the Start Menu and choose the recyle bin tile you created in step 3. right click this and you'll now see there is an option to pin it so the taskbar. All should now be working and you'll have a shortcut to your recycle bin on both your start menu and
      on the taskbar.

Quite why MS should make achieving this simple objective so very difficult is one of the great mystries of the 21st Century!?

MartinDK, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Recycle Bin on Taskbar shows weird string on MouseOver

Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Recycle Bin on Taskbar shows weird string on MouseOver

1. Recycle Bin on Taskbar shows weird string on MouseOver - Similar Threads - Recycle Bin Taskbar

2. Recycle Bin got weird.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin got weird.: Hello, I recently had a problem with my recycling bin. This happened after I installed windows again on my pc since I was switching my main boot drive. Everything was fine then I noticed something off about my recycle bin. I have it set where files I delete go to the recycle...
  3. Recycle Bin always shows full

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin always shows full: I am on Windows Pro 64 [Version 10.0.18363.959]. Recently the Recycle Bin icon always shows full, even though I have just emptied the folder. Anyone else seeing this behavior? 162205
  4. How to pin Recycle Bin to the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to pin Recycle Bin to the taskbar.: I was going through my documents and found this, which I wrote a few months back. Still seems to work. It's not written very clearly, but shouldn't be too hard to follow. Hope this helps someone. "How I pinned the Recycle bin to taskbar: 1: Create a Recycle bin shortcut 2:...
  5. Is there a way to put the recycle bin on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to put the recycle bin on the taskbar?: Is there a way to put the recycle bin on the taskbar? I want a completely empty desktop but can find a way to move the recycle bin to the taskbar or remove it completely. is this possible? submitted by /u/Dyl2013 [link] [comments]...
  6. Deleted Items Not Showing In Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted Items Not Showing In Recycle Bin: On the desktop there is the recycle bin. The following has just started to happen. Before when I deleted something, the recycle bin showed that there was something in the bin. Now when I delete something the recycle bin does NOT show that there is something in the bin. I...
  7. Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin: I can not find the recycle bin on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/915eb735-58dc-40c8-b42f-492b1f9e5cd4
  8. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin: My deleted files are "always permanently deleted". the option to send files to recycle bin is greyed out. I prefer to have the files go to the recycle bin, but I can never do this....
  9. Recycle Bin to taskbar?

Recycle Bin to taskbar?: Tried pinning to start and right-clicking there but there is no "pin to taskbar" option. Anyone know how to put the recycle bin in my taskbar? 13626
  10. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    recycle bin: Since the 10061 build, I have several times noticed the recycle bin showing full and when I looked there was nothing in it. When I went back to desktop the bin showed empty. 5635