Windows 10: Recycle Bin problem Windows 10 2004

Discus and support Recycle Bin problem Windows 10 2004 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have done this twice: I have dragged files to the recycle bin and they stayed on the desktop. After rebooting, the files are gone, but it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by rdwray, Jun 22, 2020.

1. rdwray Win User

Recycle Bin problem Windows 10 2004

I have done this twice: I have dragged files to the recycle bin and they stayed on the desktop. After rebooting, the files are gone, but it doesn't happen all the time. That means you don't know if the file is deleted or where it is. Sometimes I put files in the recycle bin and leave them for awhile before deleting them, but I can't do that now.

:)

rdwray, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Bree Win User

I have 2004. Drag and Drop from Desktop to Recycling bin works as expected, the file disappears from the desktop immediately.

It's a 'refresh' issue, for some reason the OP's desktop isn't refreshing after recycling the file from the desktop. The F5 refresh should correct that.

In fact, the machine I tested this on did have refresh issues before the update to 2004, but the update fixed them. Here's an example from that same machine when it was running 1909.

Windows 10 Is PHOTO program/app necessary post #23

4. Recycle Bin problem Windows 10 2004

Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Recycle Bin problem Windows 10 2004 - Similar Threads - Recycle Bin problem

2. Recycle Bin Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recycle Bin Problem: I went to my Grandparent's house for a weekend and couldn't bring my PC so I was using a laptop. It had a whole bunch of desktop shortcuts on it that weren't needed, so I deleted them. I got back today, launched my PC and every one of my shortcuts deleted themselves. Is there...
  3. Recycle bin problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recycle bin problem.: [ATTACH] My recycle bin has no logo and when I try to fix it by going on personalisation settings that doesn't help either. It doesn't function correctly either because when I try right clicking on recycle bin it doesn't give me the delete option for everything inside....
  4. Windows 10 version 2004 not updating Recycle Bin icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 version 2004 not updating Recycle Bin icon: Hi @Brink Just wondering, I am still having trouble with 2004 not updating the recycle bin ever after formatting the hard drive and installing from scratch, starting to think it may be the display/driver but it never happened in 1909. 164423
  5. Recycle Bin problem Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recycle Bin problem Windows 10 2004: I have done this twice: I have dragged files to the recycle bin and they stayed on the desktop. After rebooting, the files are gone, but it doesn't happen all the time. That means you don't know if the file is deleted or where it is. Sometimes I put files in the recycle bin...
  6. Recycle Bin Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recycle Bin Problem: Suddenly my recycle bin shows only the latest 6 or 7 deletes, and nothing more. I used to have a whole list of deletes before: 40, 50, 60..... What have I screwed up? Any help appreciated in advance. Tony V. 147706
  7. recycle bin windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    recycle bin windows 10: Hi I have tried all the online help start control panel folders hidden files the bin is still not showing any idea please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-windows-10/e4ed1793-43ba-46a7-97fc-50b61fa3ff53
  8. Windows 10 recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 recycle bin: How do I recover a file accidentally deleted from the recycle bin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-recycle/8e7dd24f-15d0-4019-9a79-d139114e216f"
  9. Recycle Bin Problems.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recycle Bin Problems.: Hi. My Windows 10 Recycle Bin won't open and I can't delete anything (no error message). I tried everything including "Run CMD to fix corrupted Windows 10 recycle bin" and "System Restore" to no avail. Please assist. Regards. Jannie...
  10. Recycle Bin display problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recycle Bin display problem: I changed my Recycle Bin Icons. Since then I have to refresh the Desktop to see its true state of being empty or full. Otherwise it shows the true state immediately after a restart when it gets refreshed on booting. Any suggestions to correct the malfunction? Amarnath ()...