Windows 10: Recycle Bin Randomly Empties to Desktop

Discus and support Recycle Bin Randomly Empties to Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a really annoying issue where my recycling bin randomly empties itself onto my desktop.I'm using windows 10, and I've tried setting the bin to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NDQFI, May 14, 2021.

1. NDQFI Win User

Recycle Bin Randomly Empties to Desktop

I have a really annoying issue where my recycling bin randomly empties itself onto my desktop.I'm using windows 10, and I've tried setting the bin to auto delete files to have less files to dump out but it keeps happening every couple of weeks. I'm quite pedantic about my desktop and keeping it clear of too many icons so this is really annoying. Most files I delete are usually deleted from the desktop so it may be trying to auto-restore files; either way its really frustrating. Any advice?

:)

NDQFI, May 14, 2021

2. Empty Recycle Bin Tip

Add Empty The Recyle Bin to right click on your desktop (Works with XP & Vista)

Just Copy the the text below to notepad and save the file .reg (tip.reg) click on the file and there ya go!

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}]
    @="Empty Recycle Bin"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Empty Recycle Bin]
    @="{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Empty Recycle Bin]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Empty Recycle Bin]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Empty Recycle Bin]

Morrison5891, May 14, 2021
  3. Empty Recycle Bin?

Hi, New here . Lots of questions, but for now....How do I empty the recycle bin. I found how to access "Recycle Bin" on desktop but when I click on it a long list comes up and I have to delete each one individually and even that does not remove them. Where is the old reliable Empty Recycle Bin ??

Jersey Devil, May 14, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Recycle Bin is Empty

Hi SB.Tiger

If none of the above are applicable to your system, then it is a complete mystery how your Recycle Bin became empty by itself . . .

Unless your Recycle Bin is corrupt, to check if that is the case, the following steps will fix a corrupt Recycle Bin, please Note, any data in the bin will be deleted:

Open a Command Prompt window as administrator:

(Click your Start Button, type cmd, right click Command Prompt in the resulting list and choose 'Run as Administrator')

Paste the following command and hit Enter:

rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin

Close the Command Prompt window and restart your system

When your system starts up:

Create a new text file on your desktop and delete it to recreate a new recycle bin on your C Drive

DaveM121, May 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Recycle Bin Randomly Empties to Desktop - Similar Threads - Recycle Bin Randomly

2. Recycle Bin Empties to Desktop Randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin Empties to Desktop Randomly: I have tried using storage sense and setting the recycle bin to automatically empty every 24 hours but this does not help, for some reason it still randomly empties the contents of the recycle bin onto my desktop for no apparent reason. Any insight would be helpful.Thanks....
  3. Recycle Bin Empties to Desktop Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin Empties to Desktop Randomly: I have tried using storage sense and setting the recycle bin to automatically empty every 24 hours but this does not help, for some reason it still randomly empties the contents of the recycle bin onto my desktop for no apparent reason. Any insight would be helpful.Thanks....
  4. Recycle Bin Empties to Desktop Randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Emptied recycle bin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Emptied recycle bin: Hello,I tried speaking to online help but was proptly ignored. My files were all moved to the recycle bin thinking they were still on my hard drive and not just on OneDrive, and then the recycle bin was emptied yesterday. Obviously having seen what happened, and the mistake...
  6. Empty Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty Recycle Bin: I have recently had a new Hard Drive installe. Having re-installed my software and apps I have a list of 42 files in recycle bin that will not delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/empty-recycle/6bacd00c-4699-478a-9de7-45cab25e6dd3
  7. recycle bin empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recycle bin empty: I am running win 10 and my recycle bin is always empty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-empty/d2651903-ae9d-4ed2-806a-e2a3adb4d751
  8. empty of recycle bin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    empty of recycle bin: hi everyone I tried to empty my recycle bin , but I couldn't recycle bin icon is off when I try to click it can you help me ��������...
  9. Recycle bin will not empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle bin will not empty: I used a file synchronizer to get rid of a bunch of images and the program sent all the small files to the recycle bin. Anyway, there must be a thousand small file in my recycle bin that will not empty. The "empty recycle bin" begins the process by listing all the files, but...
  10. Empty Recycle Bin?

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty Recycle Bin?: Hi, New here . Lots of questions, but for now....How do I empty the recycle bin. I found how to access "Recycle Bin" on desktop but when I click on it a long list comes up and I have to delete each one individually and even that does not remove them. Where is the old reliable...