Windows 10: Recycle Bin Restore?

Discus and support Recycle Bin Restore? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This morning I came into work and my desktop was absolutely covered with icons. Upon reviewing these icons, it appears that everything from my recycle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/suckmykiss182, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Recycle Bin Restore?

This morning I came into work and my desktop was absolutely covered with icons.

Upon reviewing these icons, it appears that everything from my recycle bin from the last year has been moved to my desktop. I have noticed this happen before and it seems to happen occasionally when there is a Windows update. I know that the icons that have been restored were also emptied out of the recycle bin, so it's even more baffling. Any suggestions on how to keep this from happening? It's not only a PITA, but also very time consuming going through each of them and checking them before I delete them.

submitted by /u/suckmykiss182
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/suckmykiss182, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Feb 24, 2020
  4. tmhanser Win User

Recycle Bin Restore?

Restoring Many Files from Recycle Bin

I'm stuck here - need some help.

I have an external USB drive that I keep my music files on, and I decided I wanted to clean up the hundreds of systems files left behind from Mac OS X. They're everywhere on this USB drive and I wanted to remove them, since I work with hidden system files turned ON in Windows 10.

I searched for all of these hidden files, and sent them to the Recycle Bin. There are SO MANY files that it literally chokes the best Dell Precision towers I work with when you open the Recycle Bin. I wanted to check one last time before I empty the Recycle Bin and make sure there isn't something I want to actually keep.

But for some reason I can't seem to see these files in the Recycle Bin - it says "working on it" but nothing ever changes, even after hours of waiting. There is a green progress bar across the top, but it never ends and the files never appear listed in the window below.

At this point I'm stuck and I can't empty the Recycle Bin and I can't restore these files. I suspect there are SO MANY files that the system can't list them or restore them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

tmhanser, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Recycle Bin Restore?

1. Recycle Bin Restore? - Similar Threads - Recycle Bin Restore

2. How to restore recycle bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore recycle bin: How to restore recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-recycle-bin/60406d1d-0631-45b1-88ec-28dbfe59db60
  3. How to restore recycle bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore recycle bin: How to restore recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-recycle-bin/60406d1d-0631-45b1-88ec-28dbfe59db60
  4. Restored from the Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restored from the Recycle Bin: My colleague claims she "Restored" a file from the Recycle Bin but the file didn't go back to the original folder. Is it possible the restored file overwrote and replaced a file of the same name in the origin folder, or something of that nature? What are the possible glitches...
  5. Restored from the Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restored from the Recycle Bin: My colleague claims she "Restored" a file from the Recycle Bin but the file didn't go back to the original folder. Is it possible the restored file overwrote and replaced a file of the same name in the origin folder, or something of that nature? What are the possible glitches...
  6. Restored from the Recycle Bin

7. Can't restore recycle bin items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't restore recycle bin items: Hi all. I have windows 11 on my desktop. For some strange reason all my desktop items and files have been deleted and moved to the recycle bin. If I try to restore them the computer restores them and immediately places them back in the bin and then I'm back at square 1. How...
  8. Can't restore recycle bin items

Can't restore recycle bin items: Hi all. I have windows 11 on my desktop. For some strange reason all my desktop items and files have been deleted and moved to the recycle bin. If I try to restore them the computer restores them and immediately places them back in the bin and then I'm back at square 1. How...
  9. Restore from Recycle Bin

Restore from Recycle Bin: I restored an excel document from the recycle bin. I cannot find it. I have looked at answers from other threds and none of them have helped. It was a file named Book 1 Version 1. It never had a location. It seems as when I restored it, it just disappeared. Help?!...
  10. Restore in Recycle bin not working

Restore in Recycle bin not working: I had a file in my RecycleBin - Rt clk Restore - did not reach the destination. Pretty sure of the file name/path - did not reach the original location. Simply vanished - cant search for that file anywhere in the system...