Windows 10: Recycle bin space on c drive

Discus and support Recycle bin space on c drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm asking this question just out of curiosity. So the question is my C drive is 118 GB SSD and the maximum storage capacity of recycle bin on C drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by srinivas_021, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Recycle bin space on c drive

I'm asking this question just out of curiosity. So the question is my C drive is 118 GB SSD and the maximum storage capacity of recycle bin on C drive is 7.9 GB. So it's probably 6.7% of space on C drive. So now if my C drive is like 114.5/118 GBfull then will my recycle bin still hold the default 6.7% which is 7.9 GB even when my drive gets full or does it reduce the default size of recycle bin on C as the space on C drive is getting filled?

:)

srinivas_021, Sep 2, 2021

2. Issue with recycle bin, windows defender, hard drive space, etc. Dell Support couldn't help.

We suggest that you reset the Recycle Bin folder to fix problems such as the Recycle Bin of your PC not working how it's supposed to. After the reset, Windows will automatically create a new Recycle Bin folder that will work.

To reset the Recycle Bin, follow the steps below:

• Open elevated Command Prompt by pressing the Windows key + X, and then click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt window, type the following command then press Enter:

rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin

That command will reset the Recycle Bin in the C drive. After doing so, we also suggest that you run the System File Checker (SFC) scan and the Deployment Image Servicing & Management (DISM) tool to repair corrupted files in the system.

Here are the steps:

• On elevated Command Prompt, type SFC /scannow, and then press
      Enter.
    • After the SFC scan has completed, type DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, and then press
      Enter.
    • Restart the PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Sep 2, 2021
  3. Jan Del Win User
    recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Sep 2, 2021
  4. John Vil Win User

Recycle bin space on c drive

Recycle Bin

Hi,

The Recycle Bin shouldn't automatically empty unless it reaches it exceeds the maximum space available on it. Another reason why this is happening may be due to third party anti virus programs or applications that manages your computer. To better assist you,
    kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this issue start?
    • Did you install any antivirus programs/applications recently?

To adjust the maximum size allowed in the Recycle Bin, simply right click on the program and select
    Properties. Under Recycle Bin Location, click the location of the Recycle Bin you want to change (likely your C drive). Uncheck the option
    Don't move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted and then click
    OK.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Sep 2, 2021
Thema:

Recycle bin space on c drive

1. Recycle bin space on c drive - Similar Threads - Recycle bin space

2. Thumb drive recycle bin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumb drive recycle bin?: After the debacle of losing my trusty old computer's hard drive to old age, I've gone overboard attaching 12 thumb drives to my current one as a safety net.I save almost all my documents, images etc there.The downside seems to be that Windows 10 or 11? won't install etc a...
  3. Thumb drive recycle bin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumb drive recycle bin?: After the debacle of losing my trusty old computer's hard drive to old age, I've gone overboard attaching 12 thumb drives to my current one as a safety net.I save almost all my documents, images etc there.The downside seems to be that Windows 10 or 11? won't install etc a...
  4. Thumb drive recycle bin?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Space occupied by recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Space occupied by recycle bin: From what I know, recycle bin on any partition has a maximum storage capacity of5-10% of that drive space like if C drive is 118 GB in size then recycle bin for C drive holds 5-10% in my case it was set to 6.7% which is 7.9 GBMy question is will the maximum storage capacity...
  6. Recycle Bin is corrupted in my C:/ Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recycle Bin is corrupted in my C:/ Drive: Hello!When I turned on my computer before logging into my user there was a error telling that my Recycle Bin is corrupted in my C:/ Drive then I minimized that error and logged into my user then I search in Internet. They were telling a command that was "DISM /Online...
  7. The Recycle Bin on C:\\is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Recycle Bin on C:\\is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?: [ATTACH] “The Recycle Bin on C:\\is corrupted. Do you want to emptythe Recycle Bin for this drive?” System info: Dell Inc. OptiPlex 3020; Win10 Pro 20H2; IntelRCoreTM i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 1024KB Level 2 cache, 8,192 MB RAM, ST500DM002-1BD142465.76GB IDE What I have...
  8. No recycle bin on D-drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No recycle bin on D-drive: Problem visualized I noticed my files were getting permanently deleted from my D: drive and realized there was no recycle bin on it. No idea what to do, how do I get Windows to recreate one? Already tried formatting drive, but that did nothing. Copying $RECYCYLE.BIN from...
  9. Windows Locks At "The C: Drive Recycle Bin Is Corrupted"

Windows Locks At "The C: Drive Recycle Bin Is Corrupted": Hello, I have this weird issue that is stopping me from logging into my computer Toshiba Satellite C850 i5-2370m 8GB Ram WIndows 10 upgraded From 7 I don't know the exact windows version Whenever I launch the computer it works fine, except for the fact that when I go in...
  10. Recycle Bin on C Corrupted

Recycle Bin on C Corrupted: I went to turn on my computer windows 10 and the sign on screen looked weird no picture so I clicked where my password should go and the error message "The Recycle Bin on C:\ is corrupted Do you want to empty the recycle bin for this drive?" appeared...And I am now frozen in...