Windows 10: Recycle bin will not empty

Discus and support Recycle bin will not empty in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I used a file synchronizer to get rid of a bunch of images and the program sent all the small files to the recycle bin. Anyway, there must be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by socklosk, Aug 12, 2016.

1. socklosk Win User

Recycle bin will not empty

I used a file synchronizer to get rid of a bunch of images and the program sent all the small files to the recycle bin. Anyway, there must be a thousand small file in my recycle bin that will not empty. The "empty recycle bin" begins the process by listing all the files, but it just keeps going in circles and will not empty.

:)

socklosk, Aug 12, 2016

2. How to empty external drive using recycle bin on Windows 10 computer.

Original Title: Empty external drive recycle bin

I use TreeSize to empty the usb drive.

Is there a way to make Windows recycle bin empty the USBs recycle bin?

I read about showing hidden files and folders then emptying the USBs recycle bin.

It is unclear how to do this as one recycle bin.

Peter D. N., Aug 12, 2016
  3. david-gj Win User
    Corrupt Recycle Bin Error

I tried signing in as the administrator at the command prompt and removing the Recycle Bin directory. I get a response that the Recycle Bin is not empty. When I check the Recycle Bin it is empty.

david-gj, Aug 12, 2016
  4. socklosk Win User

Solved. I needed to set windows explorer to show system files and then delete "$RECYCLE.BIN."

socklosk, Aug 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Recycle bin will not empty - Similar Threads - Recycle bin empty

2. How to empty the Windows Recycle Bin automatically

in Windows 10 News
    How to empty the Windows Recycle Bin automatically: All files that you delete regularly on Windows are moved to the Recycle Bin first. Designed as a last resort to recover accidentally deleted files, files that sit in the Recycle Bin may sit there for a long period. While that is not a huge problem most of the time, if disk...
  3. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    recycle bin: I have windows 10. I can't get the recycle bin icon to show on my desktop. Don't tell me to go to the desktop icon setting because it won't work. I've tried several times. I wish Microsoft would stop updating and changing things that don't need changing....
  4. Recycle bin corrupted? Can't empty it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle bin corrupted? Can't empty it: I have a 8TB external HDD, After organizing (adding, deleting renaming, replacing... deleting more) I notice it started to slow down quite a lot. Specially when deleting So I try to empty the recycle bin, but it is NOT getting populated. I wait overnight on Empty the RB...
  5. Recycle Bin missing ability to Empty

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recycle Bin missing ability to Empty: Saw a thread on the eight forums that might help me but had some issues with merging... Solved Getting back 'Empty Recycle Bin' Context Menu On Recycle Bin So apparently a program I uninstalled that had some controls over my Recycle Bin (from IObit, what garbage) has now...
  6. On windows 8.1 recycle bin will not empty

in Windows 10 Support
    On windows 8.1 recycle bin will not empty: I am trying to delete whole recycle bin. As I highlight, right click and delete, a box called running actions comes up with a green bar showing the delete process. However the delete process does not finish and I now have 5 running actions boxes up. it has been like this for...
  7. Empty Recycle Bin?

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty Recycle Bin?: Hi, New here . Lots of questions, but for now....How do I empty the recycle bin. I found how to access "Recycle Bin" on desktop but when I click on it a long list comes up and I have to delete each one individually and even that does not remove them. Where is the old reliable...
  8. Windows 10 Home does not empty recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home does not empty recycle bin: I successfully upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 last week. For the 1st time since the upgrade, I tried emptying my recycle bin. However, it *appears* to fail, in that the dialog box that pops up shows "Discovered 0 items (0 bytes)" indefinitely. More details shows the useless...
  9. After emptying the Recycle Bin: emptied bin is not shown as empty

in Windows 10 Support
    After emptying the Recycle Bin: emptied bin is not shown as empty: Hello, The title says it all, my desktop does not refresh automatically. Does this look familiar ? grtz, 101036
  10. recycle bin wont empty

in Windows 10 Support
    recycle bin wont empty: my recycle bin has a ton of stuff in it ,so when i try to empty it it shows the progressin bar but it just says 0 mb . so it wont get rid of the old files in it . 64571