Windows 10: recycle bin

Discus and support recycle bin in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the 10061 build, I have several times noticed the recycle bin showing full and when I looked there was nothing in it. When I went back to desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tinmar49, Apr 26, 2015.

1. tinmar49 Win User

recycle bin

Since the 10061 build, I have several times noticed the recycle bin showing full and when I looked there was nothing in it. When I went back to desktop the bin showed empty.

:)

tinmar49, Apr 26, 2015

2. How to empty external drive using recycle bin on Windows 10 computer.

Original Title: Empty external drive recycle bin

I use TreeSize to empty the usb drive.

Is there a way to make Windows recycle bin empty the USBs recycle bin?

I read about showing hidden files and folders then emptying the USBs recycle bin.

It is unclear how to do this as one recycle bin.

Peter D. N., Apr 26, 2015
  3. Vijay B Win User
    how to delete my trash in 10

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Are you referring to the trash in Recycle Bin?

If you are referring to the trash in recycle bun, then if you have trash in the recycle bin, you can right click on the Recycle bin and click on Empty Recycle bin.

If you are not referring to the trash in recycle bin, then I would suggest you to provide us more information to assist you further.

Vijay B, Apr 26, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

recycle bin

Hello Tinmar,

If you like, download and merge the attached .reg file below, and refresh (F5) your desktop. It will restore the default icons in the registry for the Recycle Bin. Afterwards, see if the Recycle Bin icon will refresh when you delete a file, and after emptying the Recycle Bin. *Smile

Default_Recycle_Bin.reg

Brink, Apr 26, 2015
  5. I noticed that Recycle bin no longer has a 'global'option. I only looked at Recycle Bin properties, so there might be another place to look (settings?). In Recycle Bin properties, each partition has a size defined for it's own Recycle Bin.

I wonder if there is something not being communicated across the bins quickly enough when you empty 'it'.
    example
    c:\Recycle Bin is defined as 2 GB
    d:\Recycle Bin is defined as 4 GB
    emptying the bin might take a little longer on e:\ than it does on c:\ and there might be a lag in updating the icon.

If Brink's suggestion doesn't resolve the issue, try this as a test (assuming you have more than one partition)
    copy a large file on two of your drives (different files, different sizes)
    c:\file1.xyz ~500 MB
    d:\file2.XYZ ~1 GB

then delete both of the copies
    check Recycle Bin - do both show up .. they should
    empty Recycle Bin - does the icon change? immediately?
    don't open Recycle Bin, just wait.
    If you get impatient (give Windows a fair chance to 'catch up' 30 minutes?), try signing out and then back in to force an update of the icon.

Please post your results, either if the old icon resolved the issue or if it is a timing issue.

Thanks,

Bill

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

recycle bin

1. recycle bin - Similar Threads - recycle bin

2. The instructions for finding a missing recycle bin in Windows 11 are not working. What else...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The instructions for finding a missing recycle bin in Windows 11 are not working. What else...: The instructions for finding a missing recycle bin in Windows 11 have not worked. What else can be done? I have put a shortcut on the desktop, but it is not functional. I have followed the settings> personalization> display> themes> desktop icon settings> then check the...
  3. The instructions for finding a missing recycle bin in Windows 11 are not working. What else...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The instructions for finding a missing recycle bin in Windows 11 are not working. What else...: The instructions for finding a missing recycle bin in Windows 11 have not worked. What else can be done? I have put a shortcut on the desktop, but it is not functional. I have followed the settings> personalization> display> themes> desktop icon settings> then check the...
  4. Files being automatically deleted from OneDrive -> sent to Recycling Bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files being automatically deleted from OneDrive -> sent to Recycling Bin: Hi! I have installed the TLA+ Toolbox https://github.com/tlaplus/tlaplus/releases/download/v1.7.1/TLAToolbox-1.7.1-win32.win32.x86_64.zip. It results however in the OneDrive automatically deleting related and unrelated files. It has occurred on three windows laptops when the...
  5. Files being automatically deleted from OneDrive -> sent to Recycling Bin

Files being automatically deleted from OneDrive -> sent to Recycling Bin: Hi! I have installed the TLA+ Toolbox https://github.com/tlaplus/tlaplus/releases/download/v1.7.1/TLAToolbox-1.7.1-win32.win32.x86_64.zip. It results however in the OneDrive automatically deleting related and unrelated files. It has occurred on three windows laptops when the...
  6. Accidentally deleted a file and it's not in the Recycle Bin. How to recover?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted a file and it's not in the Recycle Bin. How to recover?: I was trying to clean up my Desktop and deleted an important file by accident. I didn't notice this immediately, so I emptied the Recycle Bin after deleting the rest of the files on my Desktop. Once I realized what happened I confirmed that the Recycle Bin had indeed been...
  7. Accidentally deleted a file and it's not in the Recycle Bin. How to recover?

Accidentally deleted a file and it's not in the Recycle Bin. How to recover?: I was trying to clean up my Desktop and deleted an important file by accident. I didn't notice this immediately, so I emptied the Recycle Bin after deleting the rest of the files on my Desktop. Once I realized what happened I confirmed that the Recycle Bin had indeed been...
  8. how do I create recycle bin in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I create recycle bin in Windows 10: I've searched extensively for creating a recycle bin on a network drive in Windows 10, and EVERY solutionhas BAD examples that I cannot follow on my home computer.So:If my Z: drive is mapped to a Linux Network Storage system MyCloud, how do I create step by step arecycle bin...
  9. Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...: Was wondering anyone knew how to get rid of this pop-up and or narrow down how to stop this from happening?Was unable to get image to post here but reads:----------------------------------------------------------------Delete File Pop-up WindowAre you sure you want to move...
  10. Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...

Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...: Was wondering anyone knew how to get rid of this pop-up and or narrow down how to stop this from happening?Was unable to get image to post here but reads:----------------------------------------------------------------Delete File Pop-up WindowAre you sure you want to move...