Windows 10: Recycle bin

Discus and support Recycle bin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; why cant i see my recycle bin on my desktop after following your instructions of start settings personalization theme etc etc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrianTXB, Feb 2, 2020.

1. BrianTXB Win User

Recycle bin

why cant i see my recycle bin on my desktop after following your instructions of start settings personalization theme etc etc

:)

BrianTXB, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Cwedin Win User

Recycle bin

Recycle Bin

Hi, Scout-86.

Bare with me. I'm only a student in Information Technology. I believe the recycle bin might be corrupted, causing it to vanish from the desktop completely.

Try one of these two fixes and see if helps.

Solution 1:

• Step 1: Select Start -> Settings -> Personalization -> Themes -> Desktop icon settings.
    • Step 2: Make sure the checkbox for Recycle Bin is checked, then select OK. You should see the icon displayed on your desktop.

Solution 2:

• Step 1 Run Command Prompt as an administrator.
    • Step 2 Type the command rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin and press enter.
    • Step 3 Type exit to close the Command Prompt window

I hope this helps!

(This comes from [Fixed] Can't Find or Open Recycle Bin Windows 10/8/7 - EaseUS)

Cwedin, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Recycle bin

1. Recycle bin - Similar Threads - Recycle bin

2. How to fix cut and paste from pc to mobile files get into recycle bin please help me fix...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to fix cut and paste from pc to mobile files get into recycle bin please help me fix...: When I transferred files from my pc to mobile through pc I noticed that my files are getting in recycle bin as well as phone. I also checked this with pc to USB but the issue isn't prevailing. I checked YouTube and various other platforms I couldn't' get a proper solution...
  3. How to fix cut and paste from pc to mobile files get into recycle bin please help me fix...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix cut and paste from pc to mobile files get into recycle bin please help me fix...: When I transferred files from my pc to mobile through pc I noticed that my files are getting in recycle bin as well as phone. I also checked this with pc to USB but the issue isn't prevailing. I checked YouTube and various other platforms I couldn't' get a proper solution...
  4. How to fix cut and paste from pc to mobile files get into recycle bin please help me fix...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recycle bin doesn't show the deleted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle bin doesn't show the deleted files: Hello, I wanted to delete files that i have on my recycle bin that are worth few Gegabytes but suddenly they just didn't deleted but vanished, what should i do?...
  6. Recycle bin doesn't show the deleted files

Recycle bin doesn't show the deleted files: Hello, I wanted to delete files that i have on my recycle bin that are worth few Gegabytes but suddenly they just didn't deleted but vanished, what should i do?...
  7. Recycle bin doesn't show the deleted files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How to get rid of 650 GB files in recycle bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of 650 GB files in recycle bin: Hi,I run Windows 11. I have a drive G with a capacity of 850 GB that is reserved for OneDrive files. File Explorer says there is 70 GB free space A rough count of files locally availablke is 130 GB, the rest is on demand. S there is ca 650 GB hidden somewhere, taking up...
  9. How to get rid of 650 GB files in recycle bin

How to get rid of 650 GB files in recycle bin: Hi,I run Windows 11. I have a drive G with a capacity of 850 GB that is reserved for OneDrive files. File Explorer says there is 70 GB free space A rough count of files locally availablke is 130 GB, the rest is on demand. S there is ca 650 GB hidden somewhere, taking up...
  10. delete button is grayed out in recycle bin after virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete button is grayed out in recycle bin after virus: my delete button in recycle bin is grayed out please tell me how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-button-is-grayed-out-in-recycle-bin-after/5298a7e9-6ca4-41f7-8dec-f8a555a8baf1