Windows 10: Recycle Bin

Discus and support Recycle Bin in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All of a sudden my recycle bin has started emptying by itself. I did not make any changes to settings nor did I do any scheduling. I did do a system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeggyS3, Aug 1, 2020 at 5:47 PM.

1. PeggyS3 Win User

Recycle Bin

All of a sudden my recycle bin has started emptying by itself. I did not make any changes to settings nor did I do any scheduling. I did do a system restore to a point two days prior. My recycle bin was not as full as it was even though I did not delete anything or restore any files. Next time I went on laptop, recycle bin was emptied. How can I stop this from happening?

:)

2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

3. Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

4. Cwedin Win User

Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin

Hi, Scout-86.

Bare with me. I'm only a student in Information Technology. I believe the recycle bin might be corrupted, causing it to vanish from the desktop completely.

Try one of these two fixes and see if helps.

Solution 1:

• Step 1: Select Start -> Settings -> Personalization -> Themes -> Desktop icon settings.
    • Step 2: Make sure the checkbox for Recycle Bin is checked, then select OK. You should see the icon displayed on your desktop.

Solution 2:

• Step 1 Run Command Prompt as an administrator.
    • Step 2 Type the command rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin and press enter.
    • Step 3 Type exit to close the Command Prompt window

I hope this helps!

(This comes from [Fixed] Can't Find or Open Recycle Bin Windows 10/8/7 - EaseUS)

Thema:

Recycle Bin

1. Recycle Bin - Similar Threads - Recycle Bin

2. Can't move stuff to recycle bin.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't move stuff to recycle bin.: So I've been trying to put stuff into the recycle bin but for a specific file it says that it's open in another program, I've checked task manager but not one thing that is related to the file is in task manager, I just really wanna delete this duplicate of something because...
  3. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    recycle bin: the recycle bin icon is suddenly bigger, is there a fix submitted by /u/jxsonnn_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i2qicm/recycle_bin/
  4. No matter what I try, I can NOT delete my recycle bin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No matter what I try, I can NOT delete my recycle bin: This seems to be a very specific issue and I’m not sure anyone will be able to help, but I’ve tried god damn everything and nothing is working, so I’ve come to my last line of help, Reddit. here is my issue I can NOT delete this fucking recycle bin and I’m constantly given a...
  5. Sleep mode and Recycle bin issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode and Recycle bin issue: When ever my PC wakes from sleep or is restarted or shut down and powered back up my $Recycle.bin folder shows no files and says it is empty. If I create a couple of files and then delete them the $Recycle.bin still appears empty but if I then click on Empty Recycle Bin It...
  6. I have emptied important files in the Recycle Bin - HELP?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have emptied important files in the Recycle Bin - HELP?: I need help urgently. I have deleted super important folders with files and emptied the recycle bin afterwards. How can I restore this? I use Windows 10. A backup is not set up. Is there a special forum somewhere? Thanks for your help! Ich habe wichtige Dateien im...
  7. USB Flash files to recycle bin ? how to

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB Flash files to recycle bin ? how to: Hi Currently when I delete a file from a USB flash drive it gets deleted but don't know where to. I would like to set USB Flash to recycle bin of deleted files if possible, can you help with a path and setting? Thanks 161288
  8. unable to restore files from recycle bin

unable to restore files from recycle bin: I'm unable to restore files from recycle bin it's not showing any error it' just not getting restore please help me!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-restore-files-from-recycle/ee642332-0e3b-4ad4-9f49-29bdc8227804
  9. Windows 10 Recycle Bin becomes corrupt often

Windows 10 Recycle Bin becomes corrupt often: I had problems deleting files and I found this tool. It fixes corrupted files and folders in Windows 10. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17590/automatically-diagnose-and-repair-windows-file-and-folder-problems File: winfilefolder.DiagCab This tool told me that I...
  10. $Recycle bin

$Recycle bin: When I empty my $Recucle bin on my E drive it does not release storage space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/51f44cdb-d5fb-4492-bbfa-223cbd444868