Windows 10: Recycling Bin controls are missing from Windows Explorer

Discus and support Recycling Bin controls are missing from Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Some weeks ago, the ribbon menu controls "Empty Recycle Bin", "Restore" etc. were gone. The bin icon is on the desktop but the Properties are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, May 11, 2019.

1. ineuw Win User

Recycling Bin controls are missing from Windows Explorer

Some weeks ago, the ribbon menu controls "Empty Recycle Bin", "Restore" etc. were gone. The bin icon is on the desktop but the Properties are not accessible.

Also noticed that after deleting a file in a folder, the image remains on the screen, showing a duplicate. The explorer must be refreshed to get an updated display. This behaviour always existed in the recycle bin, but it wasn't important and I figured that MS will get around to fixing it, but now it's worse.

:)

ineuw, May 11, 2019
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, May 11, 2019
  3. ipellant Win User
    Missing desktop icons and recycle bin

No problems on the current Windows 10 on three computers I have running dual screens. Desktop Icons only appear on the primary screen.

All icons including the Recycle Bin not showing. The Recycle Bin could be the cause.

There was a bug / glitch during the Insider Preview builds that would flash up a message saying the Recycle Bin was corrupted or missing.

It seems that the Recycle Bin attempts to build a list of recycled files on all the drives on the computer. If the recycled files id is out of sync, that caused the bin to fail.

Suggest:

Copy some files; then delete them; then reboot and see if the Recycle Bin appears.

ipellant, May 11, 2019
  4. Recycling Bin controls are missing from Windows Explorer

Recycle bin is missing in Windows 10

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I suggest you to follow the given steps.

• Right-click desktop and personalize.

• Choose Themes.

• Desktop Icon Settings.

• Check the "recycle bin" box.

If that doesn't help I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key + R and type "gpedit.msc".

• Navigate to User Configuration" - "Administrative Templates" - "Desktop".

• In the right pane Double-click "Remove Recycle Bin icon from desktop".

• Check if it is enabled/disabled. If it is enable I suggest you to disable it and check if it helps.

Registry disclaimer

Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Recycling Bin controls are missing from Windows Explorer

1. Recycling Bin controls are missing from Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Recycling Bin controls

2. "empty recycle bin" button missing from file explorer tab bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "empty recycle bin" button missing from file explorer tab bar: Hello,the "empty recycle bin" button missing from file explorer top tab bar. I can only find the option as a rick click form the desktop icon, which is not useful as before deleting you cannot check contents, without first opening it and then closing windows and right...
  3. "empty recycle bin" button missing from file explorer tab bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "empty recycle bin" button missing from file explorer tab bar: Hello,the "empty recycle bin" button missing from file explorer top tab bar. I can only find the option as a rick click form the desktop icon, which is not useful as before deleting you cannot check contents, without first opening it and then closing windows and right...
  4. Recycle Bin in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin in File Explorer: Hello, New issue here, Recycle Bin is sitting on the desktop's lower right corner as a shortcut icon, and that's OK, I set it so . Not OK, its also in the file explorer under each drive, please see attached screenshot. How do I remove it from the file explorer view. Answers...
  5. Recycle bin is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle bin is missing: I use Windows 10. Recycle bin is not working. I am not in table mode. I tried to personalize desktop icons, an I can not checkmark Recycle bin - as shown on the picture below. [ATTACH] I tried to access recycle bin by explorer using C:$Recyclebin. But it was written...
  6. Missing Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Recycle Bin: all of a sudden I can't see the icon of the recycle bin any longer in the left pane of the Windows Explorer screen. I can see it on the desktop but as I keep the desktop normally hidden (clean desktop policy) I don't see it there either. Can anyone help me recover the missing...
  7. Recycle Bin/File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin/File Explorer: I emptied the Recycle Bin and it worked fine. Now when I click on the icon on the Desktop I get the File Explorer screen. How do I correct that....
  8. Recycle Bin missing ability to Empty

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recycle Bin missing ability to Empty: Saw a thread on the eight forums that might help me but had some issues with merging... Solved Getting back 'Empty Recycle Bin' Context Menu On Recycle Bin So apparently a program I uninstalled that had some controls over my Recycle Bin (from IObit, what garbage) has now...
  9. File explorer and recycle bin bug

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer and recycle bin bug: The file explorer and recycle bin window don't remember position after opening and closing , they reopen at different positions on the screen from where you dragged the window to, any fix for this ? 15885
  10. File Explorer/Recycle Bin Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer/Recycle Bin Issue: Hi guys. Wondering if you can help me with a little annoyance. Basically when I delete files or folders I do not need, file explorer will not refresh or bring up a dialogue box saying "Are you sure you wish to send this file to recycle bin?". When I delete it, the file or...