Windows 10: Red/Blue Dots appearing on second monitor

Discus and support Red/Blue Dots appearing on second monitor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am facing a strange problem. I have installed Windows 10 recently on my new PC. The problem I am facing is that the HDMI connected Samsung TV... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Saad Anwar, May 26, 2016.

1. Red/Blue Dots appearing on second monitor

Hi,
    I am facing a strange problem. I have installed Windows 10 recently on my new PC. The problem I am facing is that the HDMI connected Samsung TV (which is the second monitor) is showing up red/blue dots across the screen. Initially, i thought it might be a graphic card/cable issue. But when i checked the same thing by installing Windows 7 OS, then it was working fine. Now when I have again switched back to Windows 10, I am facing the same problem. I have also checked the HDMI cable with my laptop and the Samsung TV shows the display without any problem.

I have installed latest drivers from the OEM webste but the same problem. I am attaching two images for reference. Any help would be appreciated.

Graphic Card NIVIDA GeForce GTS 450.

:)

Saad Anwar, May 26, 2016
  2. saadanwar Win User

Red and Blue dots appearing on second monitor

After a long time, I have managed to solve this problem. I just switched back and forth from Full HD resolution to the resolution of the monitor and voila, the problem was solved.

Follow the steps below:

1. display adapter settings

2. display adapter properties

3. click list all modes

4. Now just click the highest resolution in the list (i tried both 32-bit and interlaced) and apply it. After a while, switch back to the original resolution of your monitor (In my case it was 1360X768) and the red/blue dots will disappear.

saadanwar, May 26, 2016
  3. saadanwar Win User
    Red and Blue dots appearing on second monitor

Hi,

I am facing a strange problem. I have installed Windows 10 recently on my new PC. The problem I am facing is that the HDMI connected Samsung TV (which is the second monitor) is showing up red/blue dots across
    the screen. Initially, i thought it might be a graphic card/cable issue. But when i checked the same thing by installing Windows 7 OS,
    then it was working fine. Now when I have again switched back to Windows 10, I am facing the same problem. I have also checked the HDMI cable with my laptop and the Samsung TV shows the display without any problem.

I have installed latest drivers from the OEM webste but the same problem. I am attaching two images for reference. Any help would be appreciated.

Graphic Card NIVIDA GeForce GTS 450.

Red/Blue Dots appearing on second monitor [​IMG]

saadanwar, May 26, 2016
Thema:

Red/Blue Dots appearing on second monitor

1. Red/Blue Dots appearing on second monitor - Similar Threads - Red Blue Dots

2. External monitor RED color turn BLUE after update and restart.

in Windows 10 Customization
    External monitor RED color turn BLUE after update and restart.: Hi everyone. I have a weird problem. When I connect my laptop Dell M4700 (GPU k2000m), to the main external monitor I use Lenovo 24'' L2440p wide, colors are messed up. That happened after I did hibernation of the PC before update. - not sure if related. Currently Windows...
  3. Blue desktop background with white dots

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue desktop background with white dots: [ATTACH]Hello guys, have anyone faced this problem before? I tried the troobleshooting that was suggested through the "System Configuration> Services> Disable All" But it did not solve the problem. this also has a different effect on the laptop, which is the sound that...
  4. second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    second monitor: does not detect second monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-monitor/656e1bb1-f609-495a-9a68-65984e9a9f85
  5. second monitor

second monitor: trying to use a second monitor. dispays in settings does not detect a second monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/second-monitor/18038c0a-0b02-4419-bf8d-ded60e88807a
  6. Second Monitor Lag

Second Monitor Lag: Hey. My second monitor has enormous amounts of lag when connected. I use Windows 10, my second monitor is 1920x1080, while my original monitor where the DVD recorder is located is 1600x900. It lags on the 1080p monitor, while the default monitor works flawlessly. How do I...
  7. Second Monitor

Second Monitor: I recently upgraded my motherboard to the Asrock fatality H97 and I am having a problem I didn't face with my old one, which was a z87 plus. When I installed my new motherboard and started up my pc. It seemed to work perfectly. I hooked up my second monitor in the same...
  8. Second monitor appears pixelated sometimes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor appears pixelated sometimes: Before we get started, here might be some setup information that may be worth noting. My primary monitor is a 1080p, 1920 x 1080 (native) using an HDMI to DVI. My secondary monitor is a SONY TV 1360 x 768 (native) using an HDMI. Both are connected to my graphics card and not...
  9. Spinning blue dots persists in Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spinning blue dots persists in Store: First at all, sorry if I made the thread on the wrong section. A week ago, I built a new PC with Windows 10 Pro build 1709 (64-bit) installed. Everything works fine...except one annoying thing, and that thing is the spinning blue dots on the Store app. For some reason,...
  10. Red and Blue Lines Appear On Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Red and Blue Lines Appear On Screen: While playing Star Trek Online the other day, red lines began appearing on the screen. At first the lines only appeared in the game which made me think it might have something to do with my graphics card, but then they started to appear on the screen all the time. I shut my...