Windows 10: Red/Blue Dots appearing on second monitor

Discus and support Red/Blue Dots appearing on second monitor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am facing a strange problem. I have installed Windows 10 recently on my new PC. The problem I am facing is that the HDMI connected Samsung TV... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Saad Anwar, May 26, 2016.

1. Red/Blue Dots appearing on second monitor

Hi,
    I am facing a strange problem. I have installed Windows 10 recently on my new PC. The problem I am facing is that the HDMI connected Samsung TV (which is the second monitor) is showing up red/blue dots across the screen. Initially, i thought it might be a graphic card/cable issue. But when i checked the same thing by installing Windows 7 OS, then it was working fine. Now when I have again switched back to Windows 10, I am facing the same problem. I have also checked the HDMI cable with my laptop and the Samsung TV shows the display without any problem.

I have installed latest drivers from the OEM webste but the same problem. I am attaching two images for reference. Any help would be appreciated.

Graphic Card NIVIDA GeForce GTS 450.

:)

Saad Anwar, May 26, 2016
  2. saadanwar Win User

Red and Blue dots appearing on second monitor

After a long time, I have managed to solve this problem. I just switched back and forth from Full HD resolution to the resolution of the monitor and voila, the problem was solved.

Follow the steps below:

1. display adapter settings

2. display adapter properties

3. click list all modes

4. Now just click the highest resolution in the list (i tried both 32-bit and interlaced) and apply it. After a while, switch back to the original resolution of your monitor (In my case it was 1360X768) and the red/blue dots will disappear.

saadanwar, May 26, 2016
  3. saadanwar Win User
    Red and Blue dots appearing on second monitor

Hi,

I am facing a strange problem. I have installed Windows 10 recently on my new PC. The problem I am facing is that the HDMI connected Samsung TV (which is the second monitor) is showing up red/blue dots across
    the screen. Initially, i thought it might be a graphic card/cable issue. But when i checked the same thing by installing Windows 7 OS,
    then it was working fine. Now when I have again switched back to Windows 10, I am facing the same problem. I have also checked the HDMI cable with my laptop and the Samsung TV shows the display without any problem.

I have installed latest drivers from the OEM webste but the same problem. I am attaching two images for reference. Any help would be appreciated.

Graphic Card NIVIDA GeForce GTS 450.

Red/Blue Dots appearing on second monitor [​IMG]

saadanwar, May 26, 2016
Thema:

Red/Blue Dots appearing on second monitor

1. Red/Blue Dots appearing on second monitor - Similar Threads - Red Blue Dots

2. Second monitor goes black for a second and then turns back on with red moving dots...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor goes black for a second and then turns back on with red moving dots...: I currently have a second monitor plugged into my laptop, but the monitor keeps going black for a few seconds or so and when it is back it has red moving dots everywhere and then it goes black again.This is what i have tried so far to fix this:Used different HDMI chordsUsed...
  3. Second monitor goes black for a second and then turns back on with red moving dots...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor goes black for a second and then turns back on with red moving dots...: I currently have a second monitor plugged into my laptop, but the monitor keeps going black for a few seconds or so and when it is back it has red moving dots everywhere and then it goes black again.This is what i have tried so far to fix this:Used different HDMI chordsUsed...
  4. A red dot on the feeds.

in Windows 10 Customization
    A red dot on the feeds.: There is a small red dot on my weather feeds. It doesn't stay permanently but what is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-red-dot-on-the-feeds/bde87696-f97e-47ad-a23f-6e2647121de4
  5. Red, Green and Blue dots running all over my monitor and screen glitching sometimes, help...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Red, Green and Blue dots running all over my monitor and screen glitching sometimes, help...: This has been happening for 3 days now or 4, I got some very tiny dots hard to see but easy to see on DARK images or spots, my screen also keeps glitching all the time, the screen pops up for miliseconds, the same screen but repeated 4 TIMES on different positions, the dots...
  6. Reds appear orange and violets purples appear blue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reds appear orange and violets purples appear blue.: Is there a Win10 update/fix for colors not appearing correctly on laptop displays? New Dell Latitude 3510. Reds appear orange and violets purples appear blue. Win10 most current build, build 19042. Issue also present in safe mode. Display has been replaced twice and...
  7. Mystery of the red dots and Snipping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mystery of the red dots and Snipping: I have been getting a popup recently asking if I have noticed the red dots in the Taskbar / Notification Area? The answer is 'NO' I have not, because no such red dots have appeared or can be found. It has something to do with two apps, Snipaste / Snip & Sketch. I think I have...
  8. A red dot in the camera

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A red dot in the camera: Whenever I look into my laptop's camera, I can see a faint little red dot. As far as I know, I don't have any systems using it. What does this mean? Is my computer compromised and is there anything I can do about it? submitted by /u/dr_peterlankton [link] [comments]...
  9. Red lines and dots appearing on screen - Surface Laptop 3 13"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Red lines and dots appearing on screen - Surface Laptop 3 13": So, recently I started seeing these red dots and lines on the lock screen of my black 13" i5-256GB-8GB Laptop 3. They've started to appear on my desktop and in apps, as well. However, when screenshotted, they disappear, so I had to take photos of it on my phone. [IMG]...
  10. Red and Blue Lines Appear On Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Red and Blue Lines Appear On Screen: While playing Star Trek Online the other day, red lines began appearing on the screen. At first the lines only appeared in the game which made me think it might have something to do with my graphics card, but then they started to appear on the screen all the time. I shut my...