Windows 10: red circle symbol with X on my favorite folder in file explorer

Discus and support red circle symbol with X on my favorite folder in file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Like others have asked, why do I have that red circle with X on my favorite folder every thing is synced properly in that folder as I have asked Geek... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by olblueeyes, Jul 29, 2019.

1. red circle symbol with X on my favorite folder in file explorer

Like others have asked, why do I have that red circle with X on my favorite folder every thing is synced properly in that folder as I have asked Geek Squad to help me sync everything since I did have at one time the problem of those pesty thumb.db files causing problems with syncing. Like I said I also have everything up to date and working now, but; for some reason that error status message in remaining with the Favorite folder in file explorer. Can anyone help with this issue. Thanks?

Bob

:)

olblueeyes, Jul 29, 2019
  2. SlavaB. Win User

File Explorer shows red "x" mark at a folder name

File Explorer shows red "x" mark next to a folder symbol, however this folder is accessible and seems all right. What does red "x" mark mean? Thank you

SlavaB., Jul 29, 2019
  3. Administrator has red circle with white X in permissions folder

Under security in several folders, I have added Administrator as a user and given full control. There is a red circle with a white x in it over the avatar to the left of the word administrator. Myself and Everyone are also listed as users and have full
    control. There are no red circles with white xs over these avatars. Any idea why the circle and x are there over administrator and how to fix it?

jawjahpeach, Jul 29, 2019
  4. lbeck Win User

red circle symbol with X on my favorite folder in file explorer

what does red x mean in file explorer?

I just purchased a new laptop with presumably latest Windows 10. Working through some stuff I now see red circles with an "X" inserted by some File Explorer folders - some very important like "Documents". I tried restarting File Explorer and rebooting the computer but the symbols remain. Also, trying to access some files that I thought were saved are missing. Maybe I didn't actually save them or maybe there's another problem like trying to save to an "X"d folder.

What do these troubling symbols mean and how can I return to a clean File Explorer?

ADDED LATER:

Still looking for a solution I found here that the problem may be related to MSFT One Drive, which I was working with when the problem surfaced. As far as I can tell from the help, the "sync" operation is working. One Drive works okay on my desktop machine and no red x has ever shown previously or now.

Then, I see that the avast antivirus program may use a red x? see the screen capture. but Avast says no threats. Also, McAfee came preloaded on this new laptop and I'm unfamiliar with it's notifications and maybe the red x means that Avast is not working because McAfee is??

just some more clues.....

red circle symbol with X on my favorite folder in file explorer [​IMG]

lbeck, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

red circle symbol with X on my favorite folder in file explorer

1. red circle symbol with X on my favorite folder in file explorer - Similar Threads - red circle symbol

2. Red x's in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red x's in File Explorer: I was copying a bunch of files from an external HD when I maxed out my OneDrive capacity. I subscribed to more OneDrive space, but in File Explorer the folders involved in the transfer are still showing a white x in a red circle indicating they can't be backed up to OneDrive....
  3. Red x's in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Red x's in File Explorer: I was copying a bunch of files from an external HD when I maxed out my OneDrive capacity. I subscribed to more OneDrive space, but in File Explorer the folders involved in the transfer are still showing a white x in a red circle indicating they can't be backed up to OneDrive....
  4. Red x's in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. what are red circles with x on my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what are red circles with x on my files: most of the files and folders on my computer now have a red circle with an x -- hoiw do it get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-red-circles-with-x-on-my-files/df1dd61c-b736-4f48-a3e1-1a4922dced54
  6. what are red circles with x on my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what are red circles with x on my files: most of the files and folders on my computer now have a red circle with an x -- hoiw do it get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-red-circles-with-x-on-my-files/df1dd61c-b736-4f48-a3e1-1a4922dced54
  7. what are red circles with x on my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. File Explorer: Red circle with a cross on folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer: Red circle with a cross on folders: Hello, I'm using Win 10 Pro 20H2 (19042.572) In File Explorer: What does the red circle with a cross on the folders (Documents, My Letters, One Drive...) mean? (see attached image) BTW, when I launch Outlook, the following message appears: "Unable to start microsoft office...
  9. Files and folders with red x ?

Files and folders with red x ?: Help please, today i see small red x on all my files and folders. Why is this and what can i do to resolve the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-and-folders-with-red-x/6f31a649-110d-4da5-9607-71bc655c7b26
  10. Red circle with a x in it on my Documents icon?

Red circle with a x in it on my Documents icon?: Red circle with a x in it on my Documents icon? what does this mean and how can I fix this problem? Thanks, Belinda https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-circle-with-a-x-in-it-on-my-documents-icon/b613842a-e2a3-4e95-95d4-97f94a225922"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 picture infolder have red circle with x inside

2. red circle with white x windows 10

3. red circle on icon means