Windows 10: Red cross on desktop files and folders

Discus and support Red cross on desktop files and folders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was wondering why there's a red cross on all the files and folders on my Windows 11 desktop, whenever I open a folder and the bar on the top starts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zil Pavdighada, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Red cross on desktop files and folders

I was wondering why there's a red cross on all the files and folders on my Windows 11 desktop, whenever I open a folder and the bar on the top starts loading green bar it never completes the action. I think this has something to do with OneDrive? I use my PC storage so I unlinked my OneDrive a while ago, how do I get it to work properly on system storage?

:)

Zil Pavdighada, Nov 21, 2021
  2. Yeji1 Win User

Files with red cross

All the files that I created recently have a red cross on them. This refers to different formats (Excel, World, PowerPoint). What is it and how to get rid of this red cross? Thank you.

Yeji1, Nov 21, 2021
  3. coukou Win User
    File Explorer: Red circle with a cross on folders

Hello,
    I'm using Win 10 Pro 20H2 (19042.572)
    In File Explorer: What does the red circle with a cross on the folders (Documents, My Letters, One Drive...) mean? (see attached image)
    BTW, when I launch Outlook, the following message appears: "Unable to start microsoft office outlook. Unable to open outlook window."

Red cross on desktop files and folders [​IMG]

coukou, Nov 21, 2021
  4. Red cross on desktop files and folders

Red cross on all pictures in a folder

All the pictures in one of my picture folders have a red cross on them. How do I get rid of the cross?

RichardEmpson, Nov 21, 2021
Thema:

Red cross on desktop files and folders

1. Red cross on desktop files and folders - Similar Threads - Red cross desktop

2. red cross appearing on files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    red cross appearing on files: HelloA red cross has appeared on all my files across multiple hard drives,it is showing on the bottom right hand corner of all video files.the design of the cross matches the delete option cross situated in the home section at the top of windows explorer.It only happens when...
  3. red cross appearing on files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    red cross appearing on files: HelloA red cross has appeared on all my files across multiple hard drives,it is showing on the bottom right hand corner of all video files.the design of the cross matches the delete option cross situated in the home section at the top of windows explorer.It only happens when...
  4. Red cross on desktop files and folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red cross on desktop files and folders: I was wondering why there's a red cross on all the files and folders on my Windows 11 desktop, whenever I open a folder and the bar on the top starts loading green bar it never completes the action. I think this has something to do with OneDrive? I use my PC storage so I...
  5. OneDrive's "Crosses" on files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive's "Crosses" on files and folders: Hello! How do I disable OneDrive's crosses it puts on folders and files that it can't back up? This is what it looks like: Thanks, Ben https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrives-crosses-on-files-and-folders/7b7ee8f5-c7c9-4b85-b9af-3eac21502f90
  6. File Explorer: Red circle with a cross on folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer: Red circle with a cross on folders: Hello, I'm using Win 10 Pro 20H2 (19042.572) In File Explorer: What does the red circle with a cross on the folders (Documents, My Letters, One Drive...) mean? (see attached image) BTW, when I launch Outlook, the following message appears: "Unable to start microsoft office...
  7. Files with red cross

Files with red cross: All the files that I created recently have a red cross on them. This refers to different formats Excel, World, PowerPoint. What is it and how to get rid of this red cross? Thank you....
  8. All Folder and File showing Red/Green/Cross circles

All Folder and File showing Red/Green/Cross circles: [ATTACH]Hi, Please help to get the solutions to remove Green/Red and Cross in all folders and file in Windows 10 Pro 64bit. Removed already Drive/Dropbox and One Drive. Unable to get suitable solutions...
  9. Red cross on sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Red cross on sound: Hello, I have a fresh install on my PC and for some reason it doesn't detect my headphones, I've plugged them in the front and rear and still no luck, all drivers and software are up to date, any idea what's happening? They did use to work before the fresh install. 43067
  10. white cross in red circle icon for OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 Support
    white cross in red circle icon for OneDrive folders: I am successfully using OneDrive on two Win10 machines. I am trying to use it on my Tablet (ASUS). The folders I set up and their content have a white cross 'X' in a red circle icon. I can open the documents and pictures but the option to get a OneDrive Link for sharing is...