Windows 10: Red cross on Internet Icon on Taskbar

Discus and support Red cross on Internet Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After carrying out an upgrade including a new Motherboard, processor and Ram memory I had to re-install Windows Win 10 Pro ( Free upgrade - digital... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BrianE2, Dec 22, 2018.

1. BrianE2 Win User

Red cross on Internet Icon on Taskbar

After carrying out an upgrade including a new Motherboard, processor and Ram memory I had to re-install Windows Win 10 Pro ( Free upgrade - digital licence type ) unfortunately after I installed it a message appeared a few days later that it needs activating. Following the activation attempt ( and trouble-shooter ) it says that it can't be activated as it can't establish a connection and yet I can connect to any site I choose. The problem seems to be that there is a rogue red cross above the internet connection icon on the taskbar. I've tried several methods to remove it all to no avail, is there any other way to activate my Win 10 version.( I also tried the upgraded hardware route using a product code and that failed too )

Any help would be most appreciated, thanks

:)

BrianE2, Dec 22, 2018

2. Unable to turn on the sound, red cross next to sound icon

1. Which version of Windows are you running?

2. Which version of Internet Explorer or other browser?

3. Does "sound icon" refer to the sound icon on the Windows Taskbar?

Don

Don Varnau, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Ellielt Win User
    Red cross on wifi and sound icons.

Yesterday when I turned on my laptop, I noticed instead of the usually wifi icon, it was now an ethernet icon even though I haven't changed anything with my laptop in regard to this and have no idea why it is now an ethernet icon. The icon has a red cross
    on it, and also my sound icon has the cross to. I have restarted my computer and tried disabling the ethernet, but it just won't go. I can fix the sound but it always comes back to the red cross. The internet also keeps disconnecting and I have to restart
    my laptop to get it working again. I have no idea why this has happened and don't really want to restore or reset if I don't have to! Can anyone help? I am using Windows 10 by the way, but updated a fair few weeks before this occurred.

Ellielt, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Red cross on Internet Icon on Taskbar - Similar Threads - Red cross Internet

2. Taskbar internet icon says No Internet.... "crossed out globe"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar internet icon says No Internet.... "crossed out globe": I am submitting a fix rather than looking for a fix. Fairly new computer with Windows 11 recently began showing 'no internet' globe in my Taskbar but I had perfectly good internet connection. Rather weird. After some searching, I found my fix. Go to registry...
  3. Taskbar internet icon says No Internet.... "crossed out globe"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar internet icon says No Internet.... "crossed out globe": I am submitting a fix rather than looking for a fix. Fairly new computer with Windows 11 recently began showing 'no internet' globe in my Taskbar but I had perfectly good internet connection. Rather weird. After some searching, I found my fix. Go to registry...
  4. Red Cross on Battery Icon In the lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Red Cross on Battery Icon In the lock screen: I have noticed for somedays that in my pc's lock screen the battery Icon is missing and It got fixed. Today the Battery icon had red cross on it but when I logged in the battery icon on my desktop is normal. Basically there seems to be some problem with the Battery icon in...
  5. red cross on sound icon in System tray

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    red cross on sound icon in System tray: Speakers work & microphone works too. But there is a red cross on the speaker icon in the system tray. Hover over the Icon and pop up says "No speakers or headphones are plugged in". Right click and Hover over "Speaker setup" Shows UNKNOWN and a pop up to the left says...
  6. Battry icon showing red cross line .

Battry icon showing red cross line .: Hello, good evening. I am on Windows 10, and OS build 19042.746. Recently I notice the Battery icon on my taskbar showing empty with a red X symbol after the Windows starts. It stays there for 2 to 3 seconds and then disappears, though my battery is almost fully charged....
  7. no sound red cross by speaker icon

no sound red cross by speaker icon: I have no sound, getting no output devices connected. I have tried all trouble shootin tips nothing works. I have same problem on windows 7 pc. They both failed at the same time...
  8. Files with red cross

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files with red cross: All the files that I created recently have a red cross on them. This refers to different formats Excel, World, PowerPoint. What is it and how to get rid of this red cross? Thank you....
  9. red cross on defender shield in taskbar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    red cross on defender shield in taskbar: A red cross instead of the green tick is showing on the defender shield in the taskbar, meaning action needed. When I open the defender control panel everything is ticked green and the last definition update was today. Does anybody know why the red cross is there? Thanks...
  10. Red cross on wifi icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Red cross on wifi icon in Windows 10: Hi, I have encountered a problem where the wifi connection is unstable. Sometimes, the wifi can be connected to the local area network and sometimes it is not. When it is unable to connect to wifi, a red cross appear. I have updated the wireless network adapter and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get red cross of internet icon