Windows 10: Red cross on wifi icon in Windows 10

Discus and support Red cross on wifi icon in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have encountered a problem where the wifi connection is unstable. Sometimes, the wifi can be connected to the local area network and sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by joonhoephang, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Red cross on wifi icon in Windows 10

Hi,

I have encountered a problem where the wifi connection is unstable. Sometimes, the wifi can be connected to the local area network and sometimes it is not. When it is unable to connect to wifi, a red cross appear. I have updated the wireless network adapter and the outcome is the same.

Anyone can help me on this? Thanks!

:)

joonhoephang, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Ellielt Win User

Red cross on wifi and sound icons.

Yesterday when I turned on my laptop, I noticed instead of the usually wifi icon, it was now an ethernet icon even though I haven't changed anything with my laptop in regard to this and have no idea why it is now an ethernet icon. The icon has a red cross
    on it, and also my sound icon has the cross to. I have restarted my computer and tried disabling the ethernet, but it just won't go. I can fix the sound but it always comes back to the red cross. The internet also keeps disconnecting and I have to restart
    my laptop to get it working again. I have no idea why this has happened and don't really want to restore or reset if I don't have to! Can anyone help? I am using Windows 10 by the way, but updated a fair few weeks before this occurred.

Ellielt, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Unable to turn on the sound, red cross next to sound icon

1. Which version of Windows are you running?

2. Which version of Internet Explorer or other browser?

3. Does "sound icon" refer to the sound icon on the Windows Taskbar?

Don

Don Varnau, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Red cross on wifi icon in Windows 10

WIFI Red Cross Re Appears

Some months ago I got the red cross WiFi symbol which took me hours to fix. Just prior to this event I agreed to be a test person for the new

Windows 10 and uninstalled it as part of my problem solving marathon. Many months of trouble free use later the upgraded Windows 10 was installed yesterday. Red cross reappears. Now easy to fix but I've now restored my computer to last Thursday and all is
    well.

ThomasJonas, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Red cross on wifi icon in Windows 10

1. Red cross on wifi icon in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Red cross wifi

2. Windows 10 red cross next to audio icon error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 red cross next to audio icon error: Everytime i go onto my pc the audio has a red cross icon next to it and there is no audio playingThings I have tried:Reinstalling nvidia driversRolling back my graphics cardTroubleshootingConnecting my headset over and over againRolling back to previous windows updatesMy...
  3. Windows 10 red cross next to audio icon error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 red cross next to audio icon error: Everytime i go onto my pc the audio has a red cross icon next to it and there is no audio playingThings I have tried:Reinstalling nvidia driversRolling back my graphics cardTroubleshootingConnecting my headset over and over againRolling back to previous windows updatesMy...
  4. Windows 10 red cross next to audio icon error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Fix Red Cross X on WiFi or Network Icon in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Red Cross X on WiFi or Network Icon in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]At times, you see a red cross X on the Wi-Fi or Network icon on the taskbar of your Windows machine. It indicates that there is some issue with the network device. It is possible to resolve the issue of Red Cross X on Wi-Fi or network icon. Read further to know how to...
  6. no sound red cross by speaker icon

no sound red cross by speaker icon: I have no sound, getting no output devices connected. I have tried all trouble shootin tips nothing works. I have same problem on windows 7 pc. They both failed at the same time...
  7. Fix Red X Cross on the Volume icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Red X Cross on the Volume icon in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some Windows 10 users have experienced a red X cross on the volume icon […] This article Fix Red X Cross on the Volume icon in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. How to fix Red cross on Network Icon on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix Red cross on Network Icon on windows 10?: Since few hours I can't turn on the the wifi network, I have tried restarting it but still no help and also I have tried everything in this article but still no help%20key%20on%20your%20computer.)) For your information I keep getting blinking white line (also checked for any...
  9. No sound and a red cross against the sound icon. Windows 10.

No sound and a red cross against the sound icon. Windows 10.: I have a 'no audio driver installed' message after a reset in windows 10. Lots of websites offering audio drivers, that I am unwilling to trust. So Is there away of getting audio drivers from MS, and is Driver Talent a reliable download to overcome my problem? Many...
  10. Red cross on Internet Icon on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Red cross on Internet Icon on Taskbar: After carrying out an upgrade including a new Motherboard, processor and Ram memory I had to re-install Windows Win 10 Pro ( Free upgrade - digital licence type ) unfortunately after I installed it a message appeared a few days later that it needs activating. Following the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. red cross on icons in windows 10

2. red cross on wifi icon after BIOS update in win 10