Windows 10: Red Crosses on all mapped drives - Only on Win10-1809 machines

Discus and support Red Crosses on all mapped drives - Only on Win10-1809 machines in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every machine within our trust that has upgraded to windows 10 1089 now has issues with drives maps having red crosses on them. They are connected as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelHaworth1, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Red Crosses on all mapped drives - Only on Win10-1809 machines

Every machine within our trust that has upgraded to windows 10 1089 now has issues with drives maps having red crosses on them. They are connected as in if you click the drive the connection is restored and the red cross goes away. However we use Sims in our schools and this software depends on having a mapped drive to the Sims server before login on. Because the drive has lost its connection sims doesn't work until you wake up the connection. I've tried everything i can think of including trying all the advice from multiple forums.. Technet, Spiceworks etc..

Only thing that works is to manually run gpupdate /force once logged on as user. I've done a GP result and everything is normal and running without error.
    As a temp fix im putting this bat file into startup via GPO.

cd\
    c:
    gpupdate /force
    exit

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

I repeat its ok on 1803, 1709 etc.. just 1809 that's broken!

Many Thanks

Mick

:)

MichaelHaworth1, Oct 16, 2018
  2. 7hil Win User

N95 Red Cross on the Satellite on MAPS

I'm getting a red cross on the satellite on MAPS constantly. The GPS function is ticked. Do I need to get into a field or something to get it to work?

3. Unable to turn on the sound, red cross next to sound icon

cant turn sound on has red cross next to sound icon.need step by step instruction please to resolve,

Original title : sound

MarkWinton, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Red Crosses on all mapped drives - Only on Win10-1809 machines

Red cross on all pictures in a folder

Thanks for all this Greg. Much of what you suggest is beyond me but I have been able to solve the problem. Fortunately, I still had the photographs on my camera's SD card so I deleted the folders from my hard drive and from onedrive and downloaded them
    again but this time into a new onedrive folder, then copied the folder from onedrive to my hard drive and there are no red crosses. I think that before I saved them to the hard drive first. Anyway, I am grateful for your suggestions which prompted me to
    find a solution.

RichardEmpson, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Red Crosses on all mapped drives - Only on Win10-1809 machines

1. Red Crosses on all mapped drives - Only on Win10-1809 machines - Similar Threads - Red Crosses mapped

2. red cross appearing on files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    red cross appearing on files: HelloA red cross has appeared on all my files across multiple hard drives,it is showing on the bottom right hand corner of all video files.the design of the cross matches the delete option cross situated in the home section at the top of windows explorer.It only happens when...
  3. red cross appearing on files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    red cross appearing on files: HelloA red cross has appeared on all my files across multiple hard drives,it is showing on the bottom right hand corner of all video files.the design of the cross matches the delete option cross situated in the home section at the top of windows explorer.It only happens when...
  4. In the whole environment included servers and client machines mapped drive is showing RED X...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In the whole environment included servers and client machines mapped drive is showing RED X...: In the whole environment included servers and client machines mapped drive is showing RES X however the drive is accessible. It is happening just from two weeks ago, Is this is related to patch issue? I want to know the root cause of this issue as well as the fix for this...
  5. Files with red cross

Files with red cross: All the files that I created recently have a red cross on them. This refers to different formats Excel, World, PowerPoint. What is it and how to get rid of this red cross? Thank you....
  6. All Folder and File showing Red/Green/Cross circles

All Folder and File showing Red/Green/Cross circles: [ATTACH]Hi, Please help to get the solutions to remove Green/Red and Cross in all folders and file in Windows 10 Pro 64bit. Removed already Drive/Dropbox and One Drive. Unable to get suitable solutions...
  7. Red cross sign on my drive units in explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Red cross sign on my drive units in explorer: Hi Yesterday I discovered a strange red sign on my drive units in file explorer. They look like the onedrive sync status "cannot sync" symbol. The strange thing is I can't find why they pop up now. Also, I don't have OneDrive installed. My computer is running Windows 10...
  8. Red Into/Cross Mark on Local Drives

Red Into/Cross Mark on Local Drives: What does a red into/cross mark over the Local Drive mean and how to remove it ?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-intocross-mark-on-local-drives/b559344b-0855-4b6d-a587-accd9a673a37"
  9. Red cross on Internet Icon on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Red cross on Internet Icon on Taskbar: After carrying out an upgrade including a new Motherboard, processor and Ram memory I had to re-install Windows Win 10 Pro ( Free upgrade - digital licence type ) unfortunately after I installed it a message appeared a few days later that it needs activating. Following the...
  10. Red cross on sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Red cross on sound: Hello, I have a fresh install on my PC and for some reason it doesn't detect my headphones, I've plugged them in the front and rear and still no luck, all drivers and software are up to date, any idea what's happening? They did use to work before the fresh install. 43067

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 mapped network drives crossed out

2. win10 1809 network map red x