Windows 10: Red Dead Redemption 2: How to get offline mode working consistently?

Discus and support Red Dead Redemption 2: How to get offline mode working consistently? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, I pre-ordered RDR2 from the Rockstar Launcher before its' release. Having never played the first title, I am thoroughly enjoying it. But the one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AnonVendetta, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Red Dead Redemption 2: How to get offline mode working consistently?

So, I pre-ordered RDR2 from the Rockstar Launcher before its' release. Having never played the first title, I am thoroughly enjoying it. But the one thing that irks me is...offline mode rarely works. I almost always get a license/activation error when starting the game. I oftentimes take my gaming laptop to places where wifi isn't readily available. So I either have to get lucky and hope offline mode works, or not play.

It usually seems to happen when I play another title from their launcher like GTA5, then if I start RDR2 offline it doesn't work. A temporary fix I have found that works every time:
    Delete C:\Users\<MyUser>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games

Delete everything from the Rockstar Games folder in Documents except my RDR2 profile/saves folder

This resets the launcher and forces me to sign in again, but if I quit the launcher and disconnect wifi it works offline again for awhile (until launching GTA5, then bam, activation error in RDR2)

Since it only seems to happen after playing GTA5 offline, I think this somehow messes with RDR2 activation data. Maybe GTA5 becomes the "active" title and RDR2 becomes invalidated, and thus won't play until I go online.

Is there a trick to getting offline mode working consistently, while still being able to go online when needed for update or multiplayer? Something I'm missing? Besides, yes, I know, it's not technically "my" game and Rockstar reserves the right to force you online to make sure you're *STILL* not a dirty pirate, notwithstanding that the scene groups haven't cracked this title yet, despite it having the much weaker Arxan DRM instead of Denuvo.

Thanks!

:)

AnonVendetta, Dec 4, 2019
  2. Shazamham Win User

Red Dead Redemption

If I bought the digital copy of Red Dead Redemption off the Microsoft store, could I play it with Xbox for Windows 10 on my laptop?

Shazamham, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed until Spring 2018

Red Dead Redemption 2 is now coming in Spring 2018

Is anyone here actually old enough to remember the last time Rockstar put out a game that hadn't been delayed at least once? The new screenshots are gorgeous though. If they look this good on console, I can only imagine how good the game will look if Rockstar actually brings it to PC.

Red Dead Redemption 2: How to get offline mode working consistently? [​IMG]

Red Dead Redemption 2: How to get offline mode working consistently? [​IMG]

blackroseMD1, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Red Dead Redemption 2: How to get offline mode working consistently?

Joy Kemprai, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Red Dead Redemption 2: How to get offline mode working consistently?

1. Red Dead Redemption 2: How to get offline mode working consistently? - Similar Threads - Red Dead Redemption

2. Working offline

in Windows 10 Customization
    Working offline: New Windows 10 laptop. Trying to set up email. no success. Help recommended making sure the "working offline" was not selected. I cannot find the "working offline" button. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/working-offline/45acfaa4-606c-43d2-818e-12af89285e6b
  3. Red Dead Redemption 2

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Red Dead Redemption 2: i just bought red dead 2 can i play it on my pc through the xbox anywhere app or is it just for xbox through the microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-dead-redemption-2/f209d4d1-b191-4baf-8494-21a4de8e7bd5"
  4. Red Dead Redemption 2 coming to PC

Red Dead Redemption 2 coming to PC: So now that RDR2 is coming to PC I really want to pre-download it because i own it on the Microsoft store but it says i can not download it even though i own it and it is coming out on PC and pre-downloading has started on October 9th. Why cant i pre-download my game from the...
  5. Redemption of Gift Cards

Redemption of Gift Cards: So I purchased a 3 pack of $10 each gift cards. Held them for awhile because I only gift them to my son when he is behaving or doing his chores. I gifted him the last $10 today and scratched it myself. When he went to apply it, it stated it had already been redeemed. I...
  6. offline mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    offline mode: I have a hp envy 5540 printer,its been connected to my hp laptop for months everything works great. until 2 hours ago some how it went into offline mode and I have no ideal how to take it off....
  7. code redemption

code redemption: I decided to finally redeem my windows 10 edition for minecraft. I redeemed the code but the game hasn't downloaded. I can't redeem the code again, it says its already been used but I can't actually use the game...
  8. How can I get remote desktop to consistently work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I get remote desktop to consistently work?: I have used remote desktop for years, but since the windows 10 app came out, I have nothing but trouble. Most of the time it just won't connect. It wants an email or URL. This is a private LAN. I've enabled remote desktop on the server and my local PC. I am the administrator....
  9. Mafia 2 - how to get it to work in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mafia 2 - how to get it to work in Windows 10?: Greetings. I want to play Mafia II one more time, before starting Mafia III. It starts OK. When starting a new game, everything seems to be in order. I play in 2560x1440 with everything max out. But when I have lockpicked the white Jefferson car right after buying the...
  10. Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed until Spring 2018

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed until Spring 2018: Red Dead Redemption 2 is now coming in Spring 2018 Red Dead Redemption 2 is now set to launch Spring 2018 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. This outlaw epic set across the vast and unforgiving American heartland will be the first Rockstar game created from the ground up...