Windows 10: RED DOT CRASH After 5-10 minuets of gameplay - have to hard reset

Discus and support RED DOT CRASH After 5-10 minuets of gameplay - have to hard reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello? Are you still there, you kind of went dark on me. - Currently I have reseated the mother board fan with new thermal paste, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TheOnetrueLegit, Aug 21, 2016.

1. RED DOT CRASH After 5-10 minuets of gameplay - have to hard reset

Hello?

Are you still there, you kind of went dark on me.

- Currently I have reseated the mother board fan with new thermal paste, after cleaning old one off with correct alcohol liquid.

These are the temps before playing
    https://postimg.org/image/iyqabkyxz/

While playing - well what I could get from the first red dot flash
    https://postimg.org/image/5mmpaug9r/

I still get the red dot crash,
    I've added latest crash dumps.

TheOnetrueLegit, Sep 4, 2016
  2. philc43 Win User

I've been unavailable and only have limited time I can devote to this forum at the moment.

I've caught up with your posts now and thanks for sharing the videos. I've never seen anything like that before.

The only thing I spotted was a low 12V during play - I would have expected the voltage to keep closer to 12V. I wonder if your power supply is not as stable as it should be? Can you borrow one or do you have a spare one you can try out?

philc43, Sep 5, 2016
  3. your PSU remark is intriguing,

At this point am adamant the graphics card its on its last dying breaths, so I ordered a new one, its gonna come next week between mon ~ wends

I'll try out the new card and if it works, problem solved. if not then its most likely the PSU, then I will replace that

Hopefully its the graphics card, I'd be meaning to upgrade anyway so its two robot birds with one stone.

Thank you for keeping up with me this long, I appreciate it.

TheOnetrueLegit, Sep 6, 2016
  4. RED DOT CRASH After 5-10 minuets of gameplay - have to hard reset

1. Okay so I got my new graphics card, but Ii turns out my Psu only has a 1 6pin PCi-e
    The graphics card MSI 770 OC Twin Frozr needs an 2x 8pin connections, the card comes with 2x 6pin to 8 pin adapters, So I have ordered a 6pin splitter for the adapters.

2. As Vic 40 has mentioned before I have yet to test the motherboard without my current graphics card attached, since the new cards here anyway, I decided to hold off on it

3. I have discovered a bizarre make shift solution to my problem, you see, when I put my PC sideways, and then boot it up and played smite, (I did this when i reapplied thermal paste) I noticed that my PC would not crash, not even once.

To further test this I played batman arkham asylum with no problems, I further played smite for 3 - 4 hours no problem, this was between last Friday to today. I did not believe it at first, and thought I just got lucky, No i was wrong my PC works in this position.

To further test this I put my PC up right and played smite agian, within 5mins I got a red dot flash and PC crashed.

This... is truly bizarre, I don't know wither to put this as a solution or not,
    The splitter should come this week by firday at the latest and I find the real reason,

by process of elimination it has to be the PSU or Graphics card.

TheOnetrueLegit, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

RED DOT CRASH After 5-10 minuets of gameplay - have to hard reset

1. RED DOT CRASH After 5-10 minuets of gameplay - have to hard reset - Similar Threads - RED DOT CRASH

2. Games crashing after 5-15 minutes of gameplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing after 5-15 minutes of gameplay: This problem has been happening for months and I'm still not sure what the problem is. After about 5-15 minutes of gameplay in mostly heavy-load games, the game will just crash, my monitors go blank and it throws a hardware error in event viewer.I have made sure Windows is up...
  3. Games crashing after 5-15 minutes of gameplay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games crashing after 5-15 minutes of gameplay: This problem has been happening for months and I'm still not sure what the problem is. After about 5-15 minutes of gameplay in mostly heavy-load games, the game will just crash, my monitors go blank and it throws a hardware error in event viewer.I have made sure Windows is up...
  4. Games crashing after 5-15 minutes of gameplay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Games Crashing after 5 to 10 minutes of gameplay mostly new games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Crashing after 5 to 10 minutes of gameplay mostly new games: Hey guys,My games are crashing after 5 to 10 minutes of gameplay. i updated drivers and windows to the latest available. PC had to turn off forcefully because there were some power outages recently just mentioning, I'm not sure if that's the main issue So I checked event...
  6. Games Crashing after 5 to 10 minutes of gameplay mostly new games

Games Crashing after 5 to 10 minutes of gameplay mostly new games: Hey guys,My games are crashing after 5 to 10 minutes of gameplay. i updated drivers and windows to the latest available. PC had to turn off forcefully because there were some power outages recently just mentioning, I'm not sure if that's the main issue So I checked event...
  7. Forza Horizon 5 Crashing During Gameplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 5 Crashing During Gameplay: In event viewing seeing:Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon5.exe, version: 1.405.2.0, time stamp: 0x6178b41eFaulting module name: ForzaHorizon5.exe, version: 1.405.2.0, time stamp: 0x6178b41eException code: 0xc0000005Occurring frequently....
  8. Forza Horizon 5 Crashing During Gameplay

Forza Horizon 5 Crashing During Gameplay: In event viewing seeing:Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon5.exe, version: 1.405.2.0, time stamp: 0x6178b41eFaulting module name: ForzaHorizon5.exe, version: 1.405.2.0, time stamp: 0x6178b41eException code: 0xc0000005Occurring frequently....
  9. My PC having red dots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC having red dots: Hi , Just today my PC started having flickering red dots mainly on dark shades Any help please? I need it ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-having-red-dots/396941da-a510-405b-8aff-a5d8254bd600
  10. PC crashes after 5 minutes gameplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes after 5 minutes gameplay: Bought a gaming PC for Christmas and each time I load a game it plays for approximately 5 minutes before freezing and the PC restarts. I have updated windows 10, ran diagnostics for memory and graphics card and updated drivers where necessary. all diagnostics checks come back...