Windows 10: Red dots with X's One Drive vs Pictures folder on Surface Pro 6

Discus and support Red dots with X's One Drive vs Pictures folder on Surface Pro 6 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am on an extended trip in Europe. I have been saving (I thought) my photos to my Pictures folder on the computer and One Drive was backing-up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KhunUdom, May 7, 2019.

1. KhunUdom Win User

Red dots with X's One Drive vs Pictures folder on Surface Pro 6

I am on an extended trip in Europe. I have been saving (I thought) my photos to my Pictures folder on the computer and One Drive was backing-up the folder. One Drive got full and the red dots showed up. So following advice in this forum I shut off the One Drive back-up, but now I don't find my photos in my Pictures folder. Why can't I tell One Drive to go away and still have my photos on my computer--where I was saving them? How can I get them back to the This PC>Pictures folder?

:)

KhunUdom, May 7, 2019

2. Surface10 Document Folder Red X

Recently got a new Surface 10 and installed Microsoft Office. Now I have a red x on the Documents Folder, Pictures Folder. I think it has something to do with OneDrive - I did not want all my documents to be stored on OneDrive, so deleted the folders from
    there.

Please advise?

Karen Burton

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

KarenBurtonCPHIMSS, May 7, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, May 7, 2019
  4. Red dots with X's One Drive vs Pictures folder on Surface Pro 6

red x by my pictures

I have a red x by my pictures

JO ELLAGREEN, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Red dots with X's One Drive vs Pictures folder on Surface Pro 6

1. Red dots with X's One Drive vs Pictures folder on Surface Pro 6 - Similar Threads - Red dots X's

2. My One Drive folders are showing a red X and tries to save files a A-

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My One Drive folders are showing a red X and tries to save files a A-: My One Drive folders are showing a red x. I can open a file but cannot save it as it doesn't recognise the file address or name . It renames the file A- and says cannot locate OneDrive even though I have just opened it from the onedrive...
  3. My One Drive folders are showing a red X and tries to save files a A-

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My One Drive folders are showing a red X and tries to save files a A-: My One Drive folders are showing a red x. I can open a file but cannot save it as it doesn't recognise the file address or name . It renames the file A- and says cannot locate OneDrive even though I have just opened it from the onedrive...
  4. Picture Folder in One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture Folder in One Drive: Hi, When I saved all my pictures within One Drive, why another folder named "Picture" automatically created outside One Drive in "My Documents"? Both contents are same; but if I delete Picture folder in "My Documents", inside "One Drive" also it is getting deleted. How can I...
  5. Picture Folder in One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Picture Folder in One Drive: Hi, When I saved all my pictures within One Drive, why another folder named "Picture" automatically created outside One Drive in "My Documents"? Both contents are same; but if I delete Picture folder in "My Documents", inside "One Drive" also it is getting deleted. How can I...
  6. Surface Pro X - Configure One Drive Backup Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro X - Configure One Drive Backup Settings: Hello, I have noticed that the configure OneDrive icon on the settings page is grayed out, even though One Drive has been successfully configured. There is also no Backup options in the Windows 10 ARM x64 settings app. Is this by design or do I need to reinstall?...
  7. Files and folders with red x ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files and folders with red x ?: Help please, today i see small red x on all my files and folders. Why is this and what can i do to resolve the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-and-folders-with-red-x/6f31a649-110d-4da5-9607-71bc655c7b26
  8. red x's in file manager because of one drive

red x's in file manager because of one drive: how do I get rid of the red x's in the file manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-xs-in-file-manager-because-of-one-drive/7678c3c6-42b1-4e66-852f-f27625512696"
  9. red x by my pictures

red x by my pictures: I have a red x by my pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-x-by-my-pictures/09f783be-bd66-4ba8-afb6-984754eecaad"
  10. Surface Pro 6?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6?: What DVD CD external unit is recommended for my new Surface Pro 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-6/ae634952-a688-4247-85d7-780381370a9a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one drive have red dot with x