Windows 10: Red exclamations on Windows 10 icons

Discus and support Red exclamations on Windows 10 icons in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have red exclamation marks on my windows 10 icons. All the answers have been in regards to McAfee and Mozy, but I do not have McAfee. What do I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TCLB1324, Feb 20, 2019.

1. TCLB1324 Win User

Red exclamations on Windows 10 icons

I have red exclamation marks on my windows 10 icons. All the answers have been in regards to McAfee and Mozy, but I do not have McAfee. What do I do to get rid of them? Thanks for your help!

:)

TCLB1324, Feb 20, 2019
  2. paulaE. Win User

red exclamation point on updates

Thank you.

I was getting ready to use the snipping tool and when I reopened setting and updates, the list of updates waiting to be downloaded was gone and the red exclamation point was gone. it just said updates available........ ready to download. It seems to go back
    and forth between these various screens.

If it comes back I"ll send the screenshot. I really feel it is Microsoft's effort to try to get me to download them. Red exclamation points tend to get people's attention.

What do you think is going on? THanks Remember, I have not put on updates for about two months or FCU. Prior to the FCU release, I put on all my updates every time with maybe one fail.

THIS FCU is a pestilence.

Thanks.

paulaE., Feb 20, 2019
  3. Red exclamation mark on window 10 update icon

Respectfully, I have faced this problem since I have downloaded window 10 version 1803 over two weeks ago, in this sense, after downloading an available update; after that it is installed demanding to restart the PC, an red exclamation mark appears in
    window update, its simile one is attached with this post, over two weeks ago, after restating the PC, my PC remained in "restarting" for hours as I had to reinstall my window 10 again having a nerve war, yesterday in my second PC having a new update( KB4100403)
    I had the same above Red Exclamation problem, but, this time first I hide the update; I lunched the update troubleshooting and then I restarted the PC and then I discovered that the update installed successfully!!!without having any problem like two weeks
    ago, I would like to know what is the above Red Exclamation on window update?! which I did not have in previous version of the window 10, thanking you.

Red exclamations on Windows 10 icons 344ff8f0-15a3-4ffa-8ac0-3699fd55fd99?upload=true.png

shahram bajafi, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Red exclamations on Windows 10 icons

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Red exclamations on Windows 10 icons

1. Red exclamations on Windows 10 icons - Similar Threads - Red exclamations icons

2. White Exclamation Mark Inside Red Circle on Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    White Exclamation Mark Inside Red Circle on Desktop Icons: I have this issue BUT I have no backup Symantec, McAfee, Mozy, etc. which would be causing this. I can reboot my PC which clears them but they return after several days. I have no idea from where they are coming since the only reference I have discovered is for the anti-virus...
  3. White Exclamation Mark Inside Red Circle on Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White Exclamation Mark Inside Red Circle on Desktop Icons: I have this issue BUT I have no backup Symantec, McAfee, Mozy, etc. which would be causing this. I can reboot my PC which clears them but they return after several days. I have no idea from where they are coming since the only reference I have discovered is for the anti-virus...
  4. White Exclamation Mark Inside Red Circle on Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Red exclamation point on yellow crescent moon icon for focus assist on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Red exclamation point on yellow crescent moon icon for focus assist on taskbar: How do I clear the red exclamation point on the yellow crescent moon icon for focus assist OR how do I remove the crescent moon icon from my taskbar altogether? I don't mind the moon icon, but the red exclamation point keeps drawing my eyes down and distracting me from my...
  6. Android device showing red with exclamation mark

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Android device showing red with exclamation mark: I have the Microsoft Family account apps on all devices and have tried several removes and restarts and all kinds of stuff and the only thing all these supposed fix's did was add new icons for the same device with the same red error. [ATTACH]...
  7. network icon exclamation mark problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network icon exclamation mark problem: I have reinstalled windows because of this problem network icon says no internet but sites works fine what to do 137145
  8. Red cross on wifi icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Red cross on wifi icon in Windows 10: Hi, I have encountered a problem where the wifi connection is unstable. Sometimes, the wifi can be connected to the local area network and sometimes it is not. When it is unable to connect to wifi, a red cross appear. I have updated the wireless network adapter and the...
  9. Exclamation point Icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Exclamation point Icon: I posted earlier this week about a computer that had water spilled on it and was giving a "no boot device" error. That has been resolved. The computer can see the drive and will boot into "Normal" mode. I have now discovered that, when looking at "This PC," that there is an...
  10. Red Icon spam

in Windows 10 Support
    Red Icon spam: What in the what is this?? 44%x 32428

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 folder icons red exclamation

2. musnotifyicon