Windows 10: Red Horizontal Lines ONLY over black videos / screen

Discus and support Red Horizontal Lines ONLY over black videos / screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Product: HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-dh0xxx Processor: Intel Core i5-8265U CPU 1.60GHz Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64 Bit Ever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by beautymonster, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Red Horizontal Lines ONLY over black videos / screen

Product: HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-dh0xxx

Processor: Intel Core i5-8265U CPU 1.60GHz
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64 Bit

Ever since Windows did an automatic update about a week ago, whenever I watch videos that have dark scenes mainly black, open photos that are black, or restart my laptop with the black HP screen, there's red horizontal lines only in the center of my screen and ONLY in the center of the screen, nowhere else.

Red Horizontal Lines ONLY over black videos / screen eb3b41ea-5f34-483a-9ad8-24dca5e4456c?upload=true.jpg

Red Horizontal Lines ONLY over black videos / screen 42eb6458-df9c-48b0-a85c-bd17d45eb7ef?upload=true.jpg

I've checked and updated my drivers, including the graphics, and have started it up in BIOS with restarting and pressing F10 but it does not show up there -- it's a white screen, not a dark one.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a solution? The laptop is less than a year old.

:)

beautymonster, Mar 24, 2020

2. horizontal black line on screen

Without you having posted a screenshot of it, it may point to either corrupted graphics drivers or a possible failing hardware part.

We don't know if the horizontal black line is at the top, bottom, middle or where on the screen or the thickness of it or anything else about it.

Hi

the line is fine, straight, black, horizontal, black and about 6cm long. It is situated 3cm from the bottom of the screen, and just to the right of centre. I have tried to take a screen shot of it but when I paste to Word it does not appear on the image.

MikeDunkley1, Mar 24, 2020
  3. DarylAsem Win User
    Black line (horizontal) on the screen

Thanks for replying, actually the problem is a black single horizontal line, not a black screen.

DarylAsem, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Red Horizontal Lines ONLY over black videos / screen

horizontal black line on screen

horizontal black line on screen laptop Lenovo G500 - how to fix?

MikeDunkley1, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Red Horizontal Lines ONLY over black videos / screen

1. Red Horizontal Lines ONLY over black videos / screen - Similar Threads - Red Horizontal Lines

2. Black horizontal lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black horizontal lines: "Dear Microsoft Support,I recently purchased a Windows Gateway laptop, and I've noticed that there are black horizontal lines appearing on the screen that won't go away. I've tried restarting the laptop and adjusting the display settings, but the issue persists. Could you...
  3. Black horizontal lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black horizontal lines: "Dear Microsoft Support,I recently purchased a Windows Gateway laptop, and I've noticed that there are black horizontal lines appearing on the screen that won't go away. I've tried restarting the laptop and adjusting the display settings, but the issue persists. Could you...
  4. Unusual Horizontal line on screen!

Unusual Horizontal line on screen!: A little bit of background:Suddenly, I was facing some issues with screen flickering and all in Windows10Updated the driversSet the refresh rateI then updated it to Windows 11The issue was somewhat resolved after changing the refresh rate and allBut I am witnessing this line,...
  5. Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen

Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen: I've been having an issue where multiple big lines appear on my screen and flicker randomly when I move my laptop around. I'm on a Lenovo Yoga laptop, running Windows 10. How can I fix this?...
  6. Horizontal line on screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Horizontal line on screen: Recently when watching a video, the bottom half of the screen froze and the upper half continued as it normally would. After , some time instead of the bottom half freezing, it appeared darker and a little glitchy when compared to the upper half of the screen. That too went...
  7. no video but horizontal and vertical lines

in Windows 10 Customization
    no video but horizontal and vertical lines: I have a d620 lattitude that i purchased used. It has been working well until a few weeks ago when it developed a vertical line near center, still with video. Shortly the vertical line disappeared, but had no video, just a light blue screen. I connected to my lcd tv and it...
  8. Green horizontal line on the screen

Green horizontal line on the screen: I was connecting my laptop to a Smart TV Screen when a horizontal green line appeared on my laptop screen. No prior accident in my laptop happened. Can I troubleshoot anything on my laptop before I resort to screen replacement?...
  9. horizontal red lines on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    horizontal red lines on screen: so I just started up my computer and my screen has horizontal red lines on it that are flickering they only show when i start up windows 10 and im on my screen where you see apps and stuff but when im on my load up screen they are not there i don't know how to fix...
  10. My screen's showing black horizontal lines

My screen's showing black horizontal lines: Hello everyone, I've recently started seeing black horizontal lines show up on my screen, these lines appear out of nowhere, no matter what I'm doing (Edge, Chrome, the system itself) [My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 5570, all hardware drivers and firmware are updated] They...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HP pavilion laptop shows Red background white vertical lines rebooting

2. red vertical lines on black screen log in