Windows 10: Red Line under the password lock on the lockscreen when the textbox is selected for...

Discus and support Red Line under the password lock on the lockscreen when the textbox is selected for... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HelloWhen the windows 11 lock screen is locked I click on the password input letterbox and there is a red line that appears underneath the text box... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John1TF, Apr 2, 2022.

1. John1TF Win User

Red Line under the password lock on the lockscreen when the textbox is selected for...

HelloWhen the windows 11 lock screen is locked I click on the password input letterbox and there is a red line that appears underneath the text box within the textbox, There's no customizable option to change the red line to a green line or blue line that I could find. How do I customize that? It may be a few inches or cm long then how do I put it onto red again?How do I change and or edit that color? Do I need to create feedback to the Microsoft team as a suggestion or is the functionality there somewhere ?The subtopic is either themes or general. I chose themes but it's actually the lock scr

:)

John1TF, Apr 2, 2022
  2. Edwin Win User

Lockscreen without password

Correct. I switched to a local account with no password.

The only other thing I can suggest is, create a photo screensaver with your desired image, then turn off screensaver settings. Then, navigate to "C:\Windows\System32\PhotoScreensaver.scr" and create a shortcut to the 'PhotoScreensaver.scr' file and pin it to your taskbar or quick launch and click it to engage:

Red Line under the password lock on the lockscreen when the textbox is selected for... [​IMG]

EDIT: Mind you, it won't be the Lock Screen with the date and time on it though! *Wink

Edwin, Apr 2, 2022
  3. AlphaUMi Win User
    Lockscreen without password

Thank you again Edwin, I've tried what you suggested. But the only thing that happens is that the display turns off. The lockscreen isn't affected at all. I can lock the computer on demand with Win+L key if I want, but the issue remains: Windows asks me for the password.

Smartphones with Android, that are more at risk of theft or security issues allow you to disable password if you want to. But this is a home computer. I begin to think Microsoft took the definition of "lockscreen" in the strongest way.

EDIT: I do not have a "Sign in" button. I have a text field for password insertion. Maybe you do not have set up a password at all?

AlphaUMi, Apr 2, 2022
  4. Jessen P Win User

Red Line under the password lock on the lockscreen when the textbox is selected for...

Red Wavy Lines appear in edge

Hi,

I would request you to reset the edge settings and then check if it helps.

Refer the steps below to reset Edge.

Steps:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.

• After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.

Please revert if the red wavy lines appear while using edge.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Apr 2, 2022
Thema:

1. Red Line under the password lock on the lockscreen when the textbox is selected for... - Similar Threads - Red Line under

2. No password textbox when signing in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password textbox when signing in?: I have a Dell computer which came with Windows 10 software.Recently I have:Upgraded to Windows 11 1 month agoPlugged in new speakers 2 weeks agoAlso relevant:We have many power outagesIn the past, since I got it, when I told my computer to update and restart, it would shut...
  3. No password textbox when signing in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No password textbox when signing in?: I have a Dell computer which came with Windows 10 software.Recently I have:Upgraded to Windows 11 1 month agoPlugged in new speakers 2 weeks agoAlso relevant:We have many power outagesIn the past, since I got it, when I told my computer to update and restart, it would shut...
  4. Red Line under the password lock on the lockscreen when the textbox is selected for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red Line under the password lock on the lockscreen when the textbox is selected for...: HelloWhen the windows 11 lock screen is locked I click on the password input letterbox and there is a red line that appears underneath the text box within the textbox, There's no customizable option to change the red line to a green line or blue line that I could find. How do...
  5. Red wiggly lines under words in shapes in Excel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Red wiggly lines under words in shapes in Excel: I get red wiggly lines under all my words correctly and incorrectly spelled whenever I insert a shape into Excel. I haven't been able to find a solution online, though I've noted others have posted this query in places, but without successful resolutions. Seems like a bug to...
  6. red circle with red diagonal line on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    red circle with red diagonal line on desktop: hi I have a red circle with a red diagonal line through in surrounded by a box on my screen what does this mean thanks bridget https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-circle-with-red-diagonal-line-on-desktop/74ea0b6a-8c9d-4080-9ec9-1a566cd5c725
  7. Lockscreen password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lockscreen password: I have a couple of Windows 10 computers. One I use predominantly and one my husband uses. When we set them up they were both in my name as my husband rarely used them. Now we want to separate them out more. I tried today to change the lockscreen password on the laptop my...
  8. Username and Password textbox not showing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Username and Password textbox not showing: Hi Friends, Today my laptop upgraded to windows 10 automatically after i logged into my account if i take the sharing the username and password field is disabled and it is taking my current username and password when i not able to take the RDP it pops the same message....
  9. Red typo lines when no typos

in Windows 10 Support
    Red typo lines when no typos: Hello everyone, I am experiencing the red typo lines when there are no typos. This happens on occasion when I'm typing emails and posting or responding to forums. It seems to occur when there is an actually typo and I correct the error. After that the entire post/email...
  10. Red lines under text without pushing or asking for them

in Windows 10 Support
    Red lines under text without pushing or asking for them: Hello All: I'll be typing away and suddenly my typing will be UNDERLINED IN RED as though it's editing and I have to back track or remove all I've typed to be rid of said RED UNERLINES, HELP! 45366