Windows 10: Red lines and discoloration on my screen: any way to fix it?

Discus and support Red lines and discoloration on my screen: any way to fix it? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all. A couple of nights ago my screen suddenly had some red discoloration on the left side, like thin bars. After I restarted, it went away for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by JohnJSal, Feb 22, 2022.

1. JohnJSal Win User

Red lines and discoloration on my screen: any way to fix it?

Hi all. A couple of nights ago my screen suddenly had some red discoloration on the left side, like thin bars. After I restarted, it went away for about a day, but then it happened again last night. This morning when I woke up my PC, it flashed a bit more red across the screen then went away.

But as I started typing this post, it came back and now the whole screen is a pale red/pink color. Worse, mouse movements and typing freeze every couple of seconds, I guess maybe because the screen...

Read more

JohnJSal, Feb 22, 2022
  2. goober Win User

Discoloration on my screen

on grey images on my screen there is a lot of discoloration, it flickers green and red.

goober, Feb 22, 2022
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Feb 22, 2022
  4. Jessen P Win User

Red Wavy Lines appear in edge

Hi,

I would request you to reset the edge settings and then check if it helps.

Refer the steps below to reset Edge.

Steps:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.

• After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.

Please revert if the red wavy lines appear while using edge.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Feb 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Red lines and discoloration on my screen: any way to fix it? - Similar Threads - Red lines discoloration

2. Sudden screen discoloration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden screen discoloration: Was using the family computer when suddenly notice the screen had a purple teal hue I guess you can say. I tried a lot of things and still haven't fixed it.Confirmed monitor and cable worksDid a sfc/dism scanMoved around Ram sticksUpdated gpu driversVirus scan with windows...
  3. Screen Discoloration for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Discoloration for no reason: Hello,So in the night of January 5, I am done doing my task and my screen is still good there are no errors but suddenly the next day I am seeing like weird color,here are the screenshotsI tried updating the graphics driver bit it didnt work,I tried using the restore points...
  4. Screen Discoloration for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Discoloration for no reason: Hello,So in the night of January 5, I am done doing my task and my screen is still good there are no errors but suddenly the next day I am seeing like weird color,here are the screenshotsI tried updating the graphics driver bit it didnt work,I tried using the restore points...
  5. Any way to fix this (login screen)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to fix this (login screen): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/-The-Moon- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m7r3f9/any_way_to_fix_this_login_screen/
  6. My screen is flashing red dots and lines.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen is flashing red dots and lines.: My screen is flashing red dots and lines. It's been going on especially when in dark areas and they keep flashing, what do I do because it's very aggravating....
  7. Red and blue line on screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Red and blue line on screen: I am on 19592. I downloaded this update and now I get red and blue lines on the top and bottom of the screen when I start up. In addition, I am running at 100GB with Spectrum and the start up menu is very slow. Thanks 153264
  8. SCREEN DISCOLORATION

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SCREEN DISCOLORATION: MY SCREEN CHANGED COLOUR AFTER WINDOWS UPDATE. WENT FROM PINK TO GREEN TO GHOSTING. TRIED RESTORE TO EARLIER DATE, UPDATING AS RECOMMENDED, AND RESETTING BUT PROBLEM REMAINS....
  9. horizontal red lines on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    horizontal red lines on screen: so I just started up my computer and my screen has horizontal red lines on it that are flickering they only show when i start up windows 10 and im on my screen where you see apps and stuff but when im on my load up screen they are not there i don't know how to fix...
  10. Red and Blue Lines Appear On Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Red and Blue Lines Appear On Screen: While playing Star Trek Online the other day, red lines began appearing on the screen. At first the lines only appeared in the game which made me think it might have something to do with my graphics card, but then they started to appear on the screen all the time. I shut my...