Windows 10: Red lines and dots appearing on screen - Surface Laptop 3 13"

Discus and support Red lines and dots appearing on screen - Surface Laptop 3 13" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, recently I started seeing these red dots and lines on the lock screen of my black 13" i5-256GB-8GB Laptop 3. They've started to appear on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by selfcasualty_999, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Red lines and dots appearing on screen - Surface Laptop 3 13"

So, recently I started seeing these red dots and lines on the lock screen of my black 13" i5-256GB-8GB Laptop 3.

They've started to appear on my desktop and in apps, as well.

However, when screenshotted, they disappear, so I had to take photos of it on my phone.

Red lines and dots appearing on screen - Surface Laptop 3 13" [​IMG]

Red lines and dots appearing on screen - Surface Laptop 3 13" [​IMG]

Excuse the awful moirè effect.

Is it possibly due to the fact that I downloaded the Intel Graphics Command Centre so I could disable power saving mode to fix the 'low brightness shutoff' issue, mentioned in another thread?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

:)

selfcasualty_999, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Traijan Win User

Red and Blue Lines Appear On Screen

Edit: Sorry, I didn't notice that you were on a laptop. The below is from when it happened to us on a desktop computer.

I can only tell you what happened to us....

On my partners desktop there appeared one day a thin red line running from top of screen to bottom while playing Minecraft, then that thin red line was there on desktop too, then one day a blue line appeared about 3 inches away also running from top of screen to bottom.

I had just bought a new Nvidia GTX 960, so I gave him my old GTX 460, he installed it and the lines were still there. He grabbed one of my old monitors out of the laundry room and boom, lines were gone. Apparently it's not only graphics cards going bad that exhibit this but flat panel monitors as well.

So, if you've got an extra monitor (or somebody else in the house has one) try swapping it out to see if the lines go away before plonking down cold cash on a new graphics card.

Traijan, Jan 7, 2020
  3. 2 Dotted lines on my screen appears frequently

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why you are seeing two vertical lines could be a malfunction of your monitor. We'd like to know some information about the two vertical dotted lines that appears on your screen so we can better assist you.

• Can you send us a screenshot of the two vertical dotted lines?
    • Can you try to unplug and re-plug the cord that is connected at the back of your PC and check if the issue persist?

We look forward to your reply.

Marilou Ser, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Red lines and dots appearing on screen - Surface Laptop 3 13"

Red and Blue Lines Appear On Screen

While playing Star Trek Online the other day, red lines began appearing on the screen. At first the lines only appeared in the game which made me think it might have something to do with my graphics card, but then they started to appear on the screen all the time. I shut my computer down out of fear that it was overheating or something and after being offline all night I turned it back on, only to find the lines are still there. Red lines appear on black surfaces and blue lines appeared on white.

I hooked the laptop, (Alienware M17-R1), up to my TV with an HDMI cable to see if the red and blue lines showed up on there as well and they didn't show up at all. That's what made me think it was just my monitor going bad, however I have replaced the screen with a new one from an identical laptop and the red lines remain. The blue ones are gone and it actually looks a lot better, but I still have red lines appearing in everything black.

Additional: The red lines also show up around the Alienware logo at start up. I switched back to the old screen to see if any of the lines were due to a connection issue, but the blue lines returned along with the red lines. I have no idea what could be causing them.

Any ideas what it could be?

Machine name: THOMAS-PC
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240) (10240.th1.150807-2049)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: alienware
    System Model: Alienware M17
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 4090MB RAM
    Page File: 2292MB used, 5894MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: 10.1
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Not Available
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.10240.16384 64bit Unicode

Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3870 X2
    Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9509)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Type: Full Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9509&SUBSYS_207A161F&REV_00
    Display Memory: 2803 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1011 MB
    Shared Memory: 1792 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: unknown
    Monitor Id: SEC3448
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1200(p) (60.002Hz)
    Output Type: Internal
    Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atiumdva,ati umd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
    Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1129 (English)
    Driver Version: 8.970.100.9001
    DDI Version: 10.1
    Feature Levels: 10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Graphics Preemption: DMA
    Compute Preemption: DMA
    Miracast: Not Supported
    Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Applicable
    Power P-states: Not Applicable
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 1/13/2015 17:45:56, 1094024 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
    Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-D649-11CF-C671-7000BEC2C535}
    Vendor ID: 0x1002
    Device ID: 0x9509
    SubSys ID: 0x207A161F
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    Driver Strong Name: oem4.inf:cb0ae414207bbf8a:ati2mtag_M76:8.970.100.9001*Tongueci\ven_1002&dev_9509
    Rank Of Driver: 00D72001
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C
    DXVA2 Modes: DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_IDCT DXVA2_ModeH264_VLD_NoFGT DXVA2_ModeVC1_VLD
    Deinterlace Caps: {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY

NihilusShadow, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Red lines and dots appearing on screen - Surface Laptop 3 13"

1. Red lines and dots appearing on screen - Surface Laptop 3 13" - Similar Threads - Red lines dots

2. what is this red dot on my screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is this red dot on my screen?: this has been on my screen and noticed it after going to YouTube, I go back and it's still there, when I hovered over it, it said JavaScript void0 . what should I do?...
  3. Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 13

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 13: Hello, I am Nyeem. My device ask me to update the Laptop so i did, and it updated for 4 days now it just shows a black screen with the window simbol so u see, i need information about this black screen and how to fix it. Thank You for your service....
  4. My screen is flashing red dots and lines.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen is flashing red dots and lines.: My screen is flashing red dots and lines. It's been going on especially when in dark areas and they keep flashing, what do I do because it's very aggravating....
  5. Dotted horizontal line appears/flashes across my screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dotted horizontal line appears/flashes across my screen: A dotted line flashes across my screen every 2 seconds, at the bottom of my screen, a little over the taskbar. The part of the screen under it also kind of jiggles, it appears during startup as well, the first time this happened, it went away by itself after a while, but...
  6. vertical lines of dots on screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    vertical lines of dots on screen: [ATTACH]hello, i am using surface pro 4 for about 2 years now and it never had any problem but recently there are times where a line of dots appear when i was using the surface. later, it will dissappear and came back again. what is the problem? software? hardware? please...
  7. Red and blue line on screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Red and blue line on screen: I am on 19592. I downloaded this update and now I get red and blue lines on the top and bottom of the screen when I start up. In addition, I am running at 100GB with Spectrum and the start up menu is very slow. Thanks 153264
  8. I have the horizontal lines of dots appeared on the screen of my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have the horizontal lines of dots appeared on the screen of my laptop: [IMG] Hello. Maybe, I have a problem that is not connect with the Windows system but I still would like to ask. So I have my Sony Vaio laptop, I bought it in 2011 or 2012. It run by the Windows 10. About two or three months ago, a thin horizontal line of the dots appeared...
  9. Red and Blue Lines Appear On Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Red and Blue Lines Appear On Screen: While playing Star Trek Online the other day, red lines began appearing on the screen. At first the lines only appeared in the game which made me think it might have something to do with my graphics card, but then they started to appear on the screen all the time. I shut my...
  10. Red/Blue Dots appearing on second monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Red/Blue Dots appearing on second monitor: Hi, I am facing a strange problem. I have installed Windows 10 recently on my new PC. The problem I am facing is that the HDMI connected Samsung TV (which is the second monitor) is showing up red/blue dots across the screen. Initially, i thought it might be a graphic...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. red lines surface pro

2. red dots screen

3. red dots appearing on windows screen