Windows 10: Red or Orange colors are PINK. Need help setting up new color profile

Discus and support Red or Orange colors are PINK. Need help setting up new color profile in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A while back, I took a picture with my smartphone of my dog wearing a bright red hoodie. When I transfered pic from smartphone to my PC, the hoodie was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hooked, Jan 17, 2019.

1. hooked Win User

Red or Orange colors are PINK. Need help setting up new color profile

A while back, I took a picture with my smartphone of my dog wearing a bright red hoodie. When I transfered pic from smartphone to my PC, the hoodie was PINK. I looked at some other photos, and saw a few with Orange items, and the Orange appeared PINK too. I found several pics with Orange or Red and all displayed PINK color. I didn't see any other colors affected - or if they were, it was not noticeable to me. I'm familiar with most hardware and Windows settings, have built my last 5 or 6 systems. I thought I could figure this out.
    I have an extra monitor so I tried it and it showed the same pink color for Red/Orange. I did all the standard troubleshooting for a problem like this. I checked drivers, the device manager (for any unrecognized devices), Windows Errors/Events - nothing indicated a problem. I have a heavy duty Monster DVI cable, only a few months old so I didn't suspect it. But I tried another cable to be sure. Both of my monitors are pretty high end consumer line Samsung monitors. Both have DVI & VGA ports, and one has an HDMI port. None of this showed any issues. I ran calibration, no change.
    By now I definitely suspect the graphics card, a 6 month old EVGA GT710 with 1GB DDR3 memory. Their tech support said "This couldn't be the card. Sounds like a cable problem or it's your monitor." I had another EVGA card before this one, and it died after about 9 months. This is the 2nd EVGA card that has failed in less than a year, on a 3 year warranty item. I didn't even bother with RMA.
    I bought a new card, a Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GT730 w/2GB DDR3 memory. After installing the new card, my Red/Orange color problem improved quite a bit, but still not accurate color. I ran calibration again with new card. (I used Windows calibration, had no clue what I should use as alternative). No difference.
    I have never been in the Color Management section of Windows. And I've been using Windows since v 3.1. (over 20 years) I've upgraded monitors several times over the years and I've always just installed the drivers/software that comes with the monitor and had great colors and a great picture. Most of my monitors have had the Menu buttons on the front, and I've never needed to use them until I did the calibration.
    I have been using the same Color Profile at least since I installed Windows 10. I assume that because I've never changed anything, and installing new monitors/drivers didn't seem to change the color profile. It's a 'virtual' color profile that seems to be widely used. Here is profile: sRGB IEC 61966-2.1 is the name, sRGB Color Space Profile.icm is the File name.I've used at least 3 different monitors with this profile, and have always had great color. My laptop has this same color profile, and my sister's PC is also using this profile. Both of those are also Windows 10 Pro 64bit PCs with great color. I copied several problem photos to my laptop and they were beautiful.
    Most pics come from my smartphone, and the colors are great on the phone. I took some pics with my digital camera and they had the same color problems when copied to my PC.
    I decided to create a new profile, using my newest monitor - Samsung S22E450D. Again, no change. But I feel like I needed to do more when creating the profile. I'm including screen shots to help explain my question. See Screen Prints for my specific questions about creating a profile.

** Out of curiosity, I went to the Admin account and opened a photo program. Reds and Oranges were beautiful and vibrant - just like they USED to be on the PC in my account. So I was hoping I could just copy the Admin profile somehow. The Color Profile in the Admin account was my newest monitor, S22E450D - the one that I had recently calibrated. I made a new color profile in my user account to use the same monitor as Admin but it didn't help. But even if I can copy the Admin profile to my user account, I'd like to know how to finish creating the new Color Profile that I made.I'm sorry this is so long, but I wanted to put ALL of the info out there so you guys will hopefully have all the info you need to help me.
    Thanks in advance.

Red or Orange colors are PINK. Need help setting up new color profile [​IMG]

:)

hooked, Jan 17, 2019

2. windows pink background color

Hello? in the color setting, my windows 10 laptop read pink as red; and now even when i am watching a video, characters' red clothes are pink in color.

When i hover my cursor on the exit button on the top right corner, i see pink color instead of red. This occurred once i updated my windows 10. Please help.

NjaneNdungu, Jan 17, 2019
  3. E71 in new colors!

I want it red... or pink Red or Orange colors are PINK. Need help setting up new color profile :p but it's not avalible ... yet (or ever Red or Orange colors are PINK. Need help setting up new color profile :))) )..

But I really think i'm gonna buy it from outside the country... On the Romanian Nokia site the color aren't even listed Red or Orange colors are PINK. Need help setting up new color profile :(

magos---01, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Red or Orange colors are PINK. Need help setting up new color profile

Windows 10 Accent color keeps resetting to orange

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community. I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

Follow the steps below to disable the orange color:

1. Go to Personalize settings.

2. Select Color.

3. Click on “Go to high contrast color settings”.

4. Click/tap on a color you want to choose for the text.

5. Close the settings.

I suggest you to update the display drivers
    from manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Press Windows Key + X and
    Open Device manager.

2. Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

3. Locate the display driver.

4. Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Hope this helps. Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Swathi Ravichandran, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Red or Orange colors are PINK. Need help setting up new color profile

1. Red or Orange colors are PINK. Need help setting up new color profile - Similar Threads - Red Orange colors

2. Color Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color Profile: I have generated a color profile with Datacolor Spyder5. However, when I click on the Settings button I lose the profile and it reverts to no profile. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-profile/4157f91e-c68a-480c-ae23-034e94ba6740
  3. Color Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Color Profile: I have generated a color profile with Datacolor Spyder5. However, when I click on the Settings button I lose the profile and it reverts to no profile. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-profile/4157f91e-c68a-480c-ae23-034e94ba6740
  4. Red color is pink after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Red color is pink after Windows 10 update: Updated Windows and AMD graphics and now all red is pink. Not sure if Windows or AMD. Plugged laptop in monitor and all is good so something in the desktop and started after the update. Have checked for drivers update, nothing left to update. Ideas?...
  5. Windows 10 Pink Colors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pink Colors: I have an HP laptop with an Intel processor and graphics, and recently I was tweaking the graphics settings on the PC. I changed the default screen settings to fill the screen, and when I click on save changes the windows turned pink, can anyone help me ??...
  6. Need some help with color settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some help with color settings: I can do YCbCr422 with an output color depth of 10 bpc and a limited output dynamic range I can do RGB with an 8 bpc output color depth and a full output dynamic range I can do YCbCr444 with an 8 bpc output color depth and a limited dynamic range Which one is better?...
  7. Orange color on monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Orange color on monitor: My monitor is showing a lot of orange color. I've been looking on line for help and tried some of the suggestions but nothing is working. I see information saying it's a problem with Windows 10 but I can't figure out how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
  8. In stalling new color profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    In stalling new color profile: I am trying to install a new color profile in my Windows 10 computer (upgraded from windows 8 I think.) It should go into-Windows/system 32/spool/color - but I cannot find the spool file. Can someone help me? was it lost in the upgrade, or is it named something else?...
  9. Color profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color profile: I regularly calibrate my monitor using a Spyder colour calibrator. After the W10 1903 update, when I do a calibration the Color profile will not load, refer image. Checked with manufacturer and the cause is the W10 1903 update and advised a later patch Microsoft released a...
  10. Color Profile

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Color Profile: How to decide which color profile to use. Any thoughts? Is there any quick to tell. 96673