Windows 10: Red ring around download icon???

Discus and support Red ring around download icon??? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I download anything, the icon shows a red ring My computer when it's supposed to be blue Other computers. It downloads fully like before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RafaG2001, Feb 23, 2021.

1. RafaG2001 Win User

Red ring around download icon???

Whenever I download anything, the icon shows a red ring My computer when it's supposed to be blue Other computers. It downloads fully like before except the only difference is the red ring My current browser is Chrome. :

What caused this and is there any possible way to fix this??? I currently don't have Avast installed or any other antivirus program besides the one given by Microsoft.

I would appreciate the help immensely!

Red ring around download icon??? [​IMG]

:)

RafaG2001, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Feb 23, 2021
  3. Red cross on wifi and sound icons.

Hi Ellielt,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I can understand how frustrating it could be when things go unusual. I will certainly help you.

We suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

We suggest you to install all the Windows Updates,
    follow the steps below.

Step 1: At the Start screen, type
    Windows Update

Step 2: Select Check for Update.

Step 3: Download and Install the latest Windows Updates.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to run the Microsoft Security scanner for the issue and check.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner
    again. While scanning the hard drive if any bad sectors are found, the scanner tries to repair that sector, any data available on that might be lost

Method 3:

We suggest you to update all the drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Update all the drivers.

• Download the drivers from manufacture's website for Windows 10, if there no drivers available for Windows 10, download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website and
      try installing it in compatibility mode.
      Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.
    • Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older programs compatible
    with this version of Windows
    (Steps applies to Windows 10)

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Red ring around download icon???

Are you referring to Ring – Always Home app? From where did you download the Ring app?

• Are you referring to Ring – Always Home app?
    • From where did you download the Ring app?

DOUGLASCATONEAre you referring to Ring – Always Ho, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Red ring around download icon???

1. Red ring around download icon??? - Similar Threads - Red ring around

2. Red and Blue Outlines around people

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Red and Blue Outlines around people: Hi. When I'm watching video files on Netflix, Youtube etc. people and things have a red/blue outline around them. How do I get rid of it? It disappears when I take a screenshot of it or when I scroll down and up, although it reappears after a few seconds....
  3. Red and Blue Outlines around people

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red and Blue Outlines around people: Hi. When I'm watching video files on Netflix, Youtube etc. people and things have a red/blue outline around them. How do I get rid of it? It disappears when I take a screenshot of it or when I scroll down and up, although it reappears after a few seconds....
  4. Red box around user name and password box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Red box around user name and password box: When I try to log into my medical account or other accounts that require a user name and password, I have a red box around the user name and password box and I cannot type in those boxes. What are these red boxes and why did they start showing up?...
  5. Red box around user name and password box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Red box around user name and password box: When I try to log into my medical account or other accounts that require a user name and password, I have a red box around the user name and password box and I cannot type in those boxes. What are these red boxes and why did they start showing up?...
  6. Red ring around download icon???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Red ring around download icon???: Whenever I download anything, the icon shows a red ring My computer when it's supposed to be blue Other computers. It downloads fully like before except the only difference is the red ring My current browser is Chrome. : What caused this and is there any possible way to...
  7. Black ring around camera.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black ring around camera.: There's a black ring around camera app throughout the system. During this time of pandemic a webcam is a must but the black ring makes the experience very bad. I have shown the problem in the image. Please someone help me solve this problem.[ATTACH]...
  8. Red box around wallpaper

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Red box around wallpaper: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/moikel420 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i3ws2e/red_box_around_wallpaper/
  9. blue ring that spining around freezes the computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blue ring that spining around freezes the computer: how do I get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/blue-ring-that-spining-around-freezes-the-computer/159f78c5-7863-42ff-ac4e-0cd96cdd98fa
  10. Red Icon spam

in Windows 10 Support
    Red Icon spam: What in the what is this?? 44%x 32428