Windows 10: Red Scare

Discus and support Red Scare in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can someone explain to me why everything is in red? I use a dark theme with title bar and lettering in blue. Today it's red and only on this site. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RichardC, Nov 8, 2020.

1. RichardC Win User

Red Scare

Can someone explain to me why everything is in red? I use a dark theme with title bar and lettering in blue. Today it's red and only on this site. Is this something Ten Forums has done? Is there a setting within Ten Forums to change this back to blue. I've included an image.

Red Scare [​IMG]

:)

RichardC, Nov 8, 2020

2. Windows Colored in Red

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you as the screen turns red when to turn on the computer.

This might be the display drivers issue.

Kindly let us know with the following to assist you better:

• Were you able to access desktop?
    • Is there any error code along with the red screen?
    • Have you tried to connect an external monitor and check if the issue persists?
    • Have you updated the display drivers?

Please perform some of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

If you are able to boot the computer to desktop then, I suggest you to update the display drivers to your computer.

Method 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.
    [*]
    Method 2: If you are unable to access desktop, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and update the display drivers.

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select
      Safe mode and then press Enter.

Step 2: Update the Display Adapter driver in safe mode.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Red Wavy Lines appear in edge

Hi,

I would request you to reset the edge settings and then check if it helps.

Refer the steps below to reset Edge.

Steps:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.

• After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.

Please revert if the red wavy lines appear while using edge.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Red Scare

N8 - Disable red light video recording

I saw this in a web page....¿anyone knows how?

Yes it is possible to turn of the red light during the video shooting mode. What you have to do here is follow the below steps:

• If you will press the Q and W from the keypad it will set the Flash LEDs on and off,
    • And if you will press the E and R from the keypad then it will set the red recording LED on and off,
    • Also if you will press the A and S it will adjust the focus,
    • And the D to correct the auto focus.

zidane1818, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Red Scare

1. Red Scare - Similar Threads - Red Scare

2. What does this red X mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does this red X mean?: I'm getting message that Onedrive is 102% full. And then I went to desktop and there are red X's next to folders. What does the red X mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-red-x-mean/f7a2e311-38f9-4fde-adc9-9a0db4a46c2e
  3. What does this red X mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does this red X mean?: I'm getting message that Onedrive is 102% full. And then I went to desktop and there are red X's next to folders. What does the red X mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-red-x-mean/f7a2e311-38f9-4fde-adc9-9a0db4a46c2e
  4. Red x's in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red x's in File Explorer: I was copying a bunch of files from an external HD when I maxed out my OneDrive capacity. I subscribed to more OneDrive space, but in File Explorer the folders involved in the transfer are still showing a white x in a red circle indicating they can't be backed up to OneDrive....
  5. Red x's in File Explorer

Red x's in File Explorer: I was copying a bunch of files from an external HD when I maxed out my OneDrive capacity. I subscribed to more OneDrive space, but in File Explorer the folders involved in the transfer are still showing a white x in a red circle indicating they can't be backed up to OneDrive....
  6. Red x's in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Dell i7 core computer looping though blue green red black and white while booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell i7 core computer looping though blue green red black and white while booting: My dell computer while its booting up loops through blue red green white and black and it wont stop i need help.**moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other***...
  8. Outlook problem: red squiggly underlines appearing below English text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook problem: red squiggly underlines appearing below English text.: Hello there,I live in Spain; I have a surface laptop bought in the same country which I use to write email using Outlook. The problem is that whenever I choose to write in English, the software instantly decides to underline all my prose with annoying red squiggles. In an...
  9. Outlook problem: red squiggly underlines appearing below English text.

Outlook problem: red squiggly underlines appearing below English text.: Hello there,I live in Spain; I have a surface laptop bought in the same country which I use to write email using Outlook. The problem is that whenever I choose to write in English, the software instantly decides to underline all my prose with annoying red squiggles. In an...
  10. Outlook problem: red squiggly underlines appearing below English text.

in Windows 10 Customization