Windows 10: Red Weather warnings - UK

Discus and support Red Weather warnings - UK in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The weather forecast generated by Microsoft when I power up says the wind where I live will be 12mph. The UK Met Office says the wind could be 75mph... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Taffy087, Feb 18, 2022.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Red Weather warnings - UK

The weather forecast generated by Microsoft when I power up says the wind where I live will be 12mph. The UK Met Office says the wind could be 75mph with gusts exceeding 100mph and is likely to cause: Flying debris resulting in danger to life Damage to buildings and homes, with roofs blown off and power lines brought down Roads, bridges and railway lines closed, with delays and cancellations to bus, train, ferry services and flights Power cuts affecting other services, such as mobile phone coverage Large waves and beach material being thrown onto coastal roads, sea fronts and homesSo Microsoft

:)

Taffy087, Feb 18, 2022

2. MSN Weather App live tile keeps stopping

Hi,

Since you already completed the troubleshooting provided and it did not resolve the concern with the live tile of the MSN Weather app not updating, we suggest that you reset the MSN Weather app by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings
      app and then select System from the list of options shown.
    • Under the System options menu, select the option on the left-hand panel labeled
      Apps & features.
    • Under Apps & features, scroll down through the list of apps installed on your computer and locate the
      Weather app.
    • Select the Weather app and then click on the link "Advanced options".
    • Once you have the "Advanced options" menu open, click on the button labeled "Reset".
    • Once you click on the "Reset" button another prompt will show up notifying you if you would like to complete the reset. Just click on the "Reset" button to complete the process.

Once you complete the steps provided, we suggest that you restart the computer first before you proceed to set up the MSN Weather app again and also verify if the live tile will update properly or not. If the steps still do not resolve your concern we suggest
    that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to provide feedback from within the app and provide as much detail as you can to resolve the concern. Refer to the section in the article labeled "Send ideas for improving the app" for the steps to submit your feedback.

Feel free to reach out to us for further concerns.

Jordan Dom, Feb 18, 2022
  3. Weather app not working

Since you've already tried to run the app troubleshooter but the issue still persists, we suggest that you uninstall the
    Weather app using a PowerShell command and reinstall it. To do this, please follow the steps listed below:

• Type PowerShell in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell then select Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command below into the PowerShell window then press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *bingweather* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Restart your PC after uninstalling the app.
    • To reinstall the app, type Store in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Search for the Weather app, then click Get or Download.

Kindly update us with the result after performing the suggested steps and let us know if you need further assistance.

Eileen Gal, Feb 18, 2022
  4. Red Weather warnings - UK

Weather and Calendar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when thing don't work the way it should.

What happens when you try to change the Weather Settings?

I suggest you to go to Weather Settings and changes the Weather Settings from Fahrenheit to Celsius and check. If it doesn't change, I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting and check:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Please reply with the results. I will be glad to help you with further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Feb 18, 2022
Thema:

Red Weather warnings - UK

1. Red Weather warnings - UK - Similar Threads - Red Weather warnings

2. Weather app no longer showing text for weather advisories/warnings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather app no longer showing text for weather advisories/warnings: For the past month or so, whenever I click on a weather advisory or warning in the Weather app, it takes me to a page that only shows the timespan of the alert, with absolutely no text detailing what the advisory/warning is about. This occurs on both my laptop and desktop...
  3. Weather app no longer showing text for weather advisories/warnings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather app no longer showing text for weather advisories/warnings: For the past month or so, whenever I click on a weather advisory or warning in the Weather app, it takes me to a page that only shows the timespan of the alert, with absolutely no text detailing what the advisory/warning is about. This occurs on both my laptop and desktop...
  4. Why is my weather sun icon red on my Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my weather sun icon red on my Windows 10?: For some reason, my weather sun is red on my news and interests. I restarted my computer, and still nothing. So does anyone know the answer to this issue? If anyone does, please reply below.Thanks!Grant...
  5. Red Weather warnings - UK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red Weather warnings - UK: The weather forecast generated by Microsoft when I power up says the wind where I live will be 12mph. The UK Met Office says the wind could be 75mph with gusts exceeding 100mph and is likely to cause: Flying debris resulting in danger to life Damage to buildings and homes,...
  6. Red Weather warnings - UK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Red Weather warnings - UK: The weather forecast generated by Microsoft when I power up says the wind where I live will be 12mph. The UK Met Office says the wind could be 75mph with gusts exceeding 100mph and is likely to cause: Flying debris resulting in danger to life Damage to buildings and homes,...
  7. Event viewer FULL of RED WARNINGS.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event viewer FULL of RED WARNINGS.: I have MANY red warnings in my Event Viewer. I am quite the novice on computers. This problem is too deep for me to handle. I would appreciate any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-full-of-red-warnings/bf9ef232-3a2c-43c9-a442-7d4d74e104de"
  8. Red Scam Warning in Browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Red Scam Warning in Browser: A little while ago, shortly after booting the computer and launching Chrome, the Yahoo! home page got replaced with a red page about some sort of malware attack on my computer, complete with recorded voice warning. Considering that Avast and Malwarebytes both found nothing,...
  9. UK scam warning.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UK scam warning.: DVLA email scam offers motorists car tax refund | Cars | Life & Style | Express.co.uk 86641
  10. Weather app: I can't find any settings or options to remove such weather warnings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather app: I can't find any settings or options to remove such weather warnings.: I have a minor annoyance which I would like to get rid of. Every now and then I would have a weather warning of cities such as Kenmore, NY. I am in Canada, living in a "border city", separated by a lake from USA. My weather app is set correctly and weather shown...