Windows 10: Red wiggly lines under words in shapes in Excel

Discus and support Red wiggly lines under words in shapes in Excel in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get red wiggly lines under all my words correctly and incorrectly spelled whenever I insert a shape into Excel. I haven't been able to find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Julia Hawkins, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Red wiggly lines under words in shapes in Excel

I get red wiggly lines under all my words correctly and incorrectly spelled whenever I insert a shape into Excel. I haven't been able to find a solution online, though I've noted others have posted this query in places, but without successful resolutions. Seems like a bug to me, but I'm hoping there's something I'm missing that can sort this out.

I'm using Office 365.

Note: This issue does not appear when inserting a text box.

:)

Julia Hawkins, Oct 20, 2020

2. Unable to get rid of continuing spellcheck red wiggly line.

Hello, Can anyone help please? Since installing windows 10 I've had a problem with the red spell check wiggly line appearing under text for no reason and continuing along as I type so my entire documents have red lines under them!! I cannot get rid of it
    - when right clicking on it the only thing that comes up is 'inspect element.' I use spellcheck all the time and with dyslexic typing I cannot do without it so turning spellcheck off is not an option unfortunately. I use internet explorer (don't like chrome)
    and its happening in ms word, facebook and google docs, I'm not an expert but it appears its not an issue with any particular program and to do with windows 10 as it started after that installation. Any help is greatly appreciated as this is extremely annoying!!
    Red wiggly lines under words in shapes in Excel :)) Thanks in advance!

castlerose, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Red Line in text- NOT in Word

How do I get rid of that annoying red line tracking my text while I type on websites. I am not in Word when this happens. I will make a mistake in what I am typing, back up, and the red line appears. It tracks the rest of what I type. If I right click
    it my only option is to Inspect Element. I want the red line to go away.

Everything I find online about it only pertains to Word.

Thanks.

Redsfantracy623, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Red wiggly lines under words in shapes in Excel

Unable to get rid of continuing spellcheck red wiggly line.

Hi Castlerose,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

• Go to Settings and click on Devices.
    • Click on Typing on the left pane and turn off auto correct and
      highlight misspelled word.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Red wiggly lines under words in shapes in Excel

1. Red wiggly lines under words in shapes in Excel - Similar Threads - Red wiggly lines

2. Word & Excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word & Excel: I bought this computer with Microsoft Word and Excel already installed. There is no annual fee. Can I transfer these programs to another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-excel/aa0fe52c-84f7-4399-b1a6-c41c97dcfd91
  3. Word & Excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word & Excel: I bought this computer with Microsoft Word and Excel already installed. There is no annual fee. Can I transfer these programs to another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-excel/aa0fe52c-84f7-4399-b1a6-c41c97dcfd91
  4. Red Line under the password lock on the lockscreen when the textbox is selected for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red Line under the password lock on the lockscreen when the textbox is selected for...: HelloWhen the windows 11 lock screen is locked I click on the password input letterbox and there is a red line that appears underneath the text box within the textbox, There's no customizable option to change the red line to a green line or blue line that I could find. How do...
  5. Red Line under the password lock on the lockscreen when the textbox is selected for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Red Line under the password lock on the lockscreen when the textbox is selected for...: HelloWhen the windows 11 lock screen is locked I click on the password input letterbox and there is a red line that appears underneath the text box within the textbox, There's no customizable option to change the red line to a green line or blue line that I could find. How do...
  6. Word and excel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word and excel: I bought this computer with word and excel already installed, no discs or install codes were given. I received an automatic upgrade from microsoft November 10th and installed the upgrade as usual. When I tried to open an excel file it changed the file name and would not open...
  7. red circle with red diagonal line on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    red circle with red diagonal line on desktop: hi I have a red circle with a red diagonal line through in surrounded by a box on my screen what does this mean thanks bridget https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-circle-with-red-diagonal-line-on-desktop/74ea0b6a-8c9d-4080-9ec9-1a566cd5c725
  8. Excel and Word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel and Word: Why just out of the blue do I get this pop up when I open excel and word that says "We're sorry, but excel and word has run into an error that is preventing it from working ,,,,,, " This prevents me from working as it just closes on it's own. There is always something with...
  9. New Sketchy Shapes feature for Office 365 Word, PowerPoint, and Excel

in Windows 10 News
    New Sketchy Shapes feature for Office 365 Word, PowerPoint, and Excel: Hey Insiders! My name is Jessica and I am a Program Manager on the Office Graphics team. When I’m working in Office, sometimes it’s hard to express work-in-progress diagrams and models without throwing up a big watermark that says “DRAFT” on your content. [ATTACH] So we...
  10. Red lines under text without pushing or asking for them

in Windows 10 Support
    Red lines under text without pushing or asking for them: Hello All: I'll be typing away and suddenly my typing will be UNDERLINED IN RED as though it's editing and I have to back track or remove all I've typed to be rid of said RED UNERLINES, HELP! 45366