Windows 10: Red x icon meaning

Discus and support Red x icon meaning in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Problem with start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-x-icon-meaning/d2f89e2e-e284-4aaa-8edf-8c7add726f2b Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by The crab, Apr 22, 2019.

1. The crab Win User

Red x icon meaning

Problem with start up

:)

The crab, Apr 22, 2019
  2. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 22, 2019
  3. Red X on the Network icon

There is a red x on the Network icon. My internet is connected but the red x is always there and annoying.

I was able to resolve this by following the steps below

Suggestions:

Method 1:

Right Click on Computer -> Manage

Under the System Tools section, double click on Local Users and Groups

Click Groups -> Right Click on Administrators -> Add to group -> Add -> Advanced -> Find now -> Double Click on Local Service -> Click Ok

Close all the windows, reboot the computer and check the status

Method 2:

Click Start -> Type CMD -> Right click on CMD -> Run as administrator
    Type net localgroup Administrators /add Local Service and press Enter
    Click OK when it says The Command Completed Successfully
    Reboot the computer and check the status

JosephSDavid, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Fred22 Win User

Red x icon meaning

Red x on network icon

This is Vista question, but I usually get better results here. The network icon on my wife's desktop has a red X on it. I right clicked and it ran some kind of diagnostics and supposedly sent a message to MS, who I'll never hear from, I'm sure. My desktop is fine...no red x on my network icon and I'm able to play music files from my desktop on my Samsung smart TV. Do I need to concern myself with this red x?

Fred22, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

Red x icon meaning

1. Red x icon meaning - Similar Threads - Red icon meaning

2. What does this red X mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does this red X mean?: I'm getting message that Onedrive is 102% full. And then I went to desktop and there are red X's next to folders. What does the red X mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-red-x-mean/f7a2e311-38f9-4fde-adc9-9a0db4a46c2e
  3. What does this red X mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does this red X mean?: I'm getting message that Onedrive is 102% full. And then I went to desktop and there are red X's next to folders. What does the red X mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-red-x-mean/f7a2e311-38f9-4fde-adc9-9a0db4a46c2e
  4. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X In My Lower Left Side Of My Computer Screen .I Can't Get Rid Of It By Right Clicking The Mouse Go Right Through It .Is There A Way To Remove It ?...
  5. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X Above The Windows Search Box How Do I Get Rid Of It ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-with-red-x/5fee0f10-4bb1-4d90-9746-e25825a6dab7
  6. Red X on speaker icon

Red X on speaker icon: I had downloaded a few optional updates from settings, and the next thing I see is that there is a red X on my sound icon, its happened to me many times before, for me the solution is to reset your computer, its now the 4th time that I've been resetting my PC now. I've...
  7. What does this red X mean?

in Windows 10 Support
    What does this red X mean?: I just did a Clean Install and restored some files and folders from my data drive. This is first time I've ever seen these red Xs and don't know what they indicate. I also see them in File Explorer. Thank you. 165396
  8. what does the red X on the outlook icon mean?

what does the red X on the outlook icon mean?: the Outlook icon on my taskbar has a red X on it. It didn't have it yesterday and the outlook app appears to be working ok. Can anyone explain what the red X means? TIA...
  9. Red "X" on the sound icon.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Red "X" on the sound icon.: So i have tried everything from here to remove the "X" https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/4-ways-to-fix-red-x-on-volume-icon/ Including re-installing the realtek drivers. The windows troubleshooter is not working either. So i am completely blank at this moment. So if theres...
  10. Red x on network icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Red x on network icon: This is Vista question, but I usually get better results here. The network icon on my wife's desktop has a red X on it. I right clicked and it ran some kind of diagnostics and supposedly sent a message to MS, who I'll never hear from, I'm sure. My desktop is fine...no red x...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. red x pin meaning