Windows 10: Red x on all of my folders in file explorer since 1903 upgrade

Discus and support Red x on all of my folders in file explorer since 1903 upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I upgraded to 1903 all appears to be working. But when I look at files explorer, everything has a red circle with a white x in the middle of it. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dorian2012, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Red x on all of my folders in file explorer since 1903 upgrade

So I upgraded to 1903 all appears to be working. But when I look at files explorer, everything has a red circle with a white x in the middle of it. My files seem to all be here and working. So what's the deal??

:)

Dorian2012, Jul 20, 2019
  2. SlavaB. Win User

File Explorer shows red "x" mark at a folder name

File Explorer shows red "x" mark next to a folder symbol, however this folder is accessible and seems all right. What does red "x" mark mean? Thank you

SlavaB., Jul 20, 2019
  3. What does the red x showing on files and folders in file explorer indicate

What does the red x showing on files and folders when using file explorer indicate?

JohnOverbey, Jul 20, 2019
  4. lbeck Win User

Red x on all of my folders in file explorer since 1903 upgrade

what does red x mean in file explorer?

I just purchased a new laptop with presumably latest Windows 10. Working through some stuff I now see red circles with an "X" inserted by some File Explorer folders - some very important like "Documents". I tried restarting File Explorer and rebooting the computer but the symbols remain. Also, trying to access some files that I thought were saved are missing. Maybe I didn't actually save them or maybe there's another problem like trying to save to an "X"d folder.

What do these troubling symbols mean and how can I return to a clean File Explorer?

ADDED LATER:

Still looking for a solution I found here that the problem may be related to MSFT One Drive, which I was working with when the problem surfaced. As far as I can tell from the help, the "sync" operation is working. One Drive works okay on my desktop machine and no red x has ever shown previously or now.

Then, I see that the avast antivirus program may use a red x? see the screen capture. but Avast says no threats. Also, McAfee came preloaded on this new laptop and I'm unfamiliar with it's notifications and maybe the red x means that Avast is not working because McAfee is??

just some more clues.....

Red x on all of my folders in file explorer since 1903 upgrade [​IMG]

lbeck, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

Red x on all of my folders in file explorer since 1903 upgrade

1. Red x on all of my folders in file explorer since 1903 upgrade - Similar Threads - Red folders file

2. Red x's in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red x's in File Explorer: I was copying a bunch of files from an external HD when I maxed out my OneDrive capacity. I subscribed to more OneDrive space, but in File Explorer the folders involved in the transfer are still showing a white x in a red circle indicating they can't be backed up to OneDrive....
  3. Red x's in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Red x's in File Explorer: I was copying a bunch of files from an external HD when I maxed out my OneDrive capacity. I subscribed to more OneDrive space, but in File Explorer the folders involved in the transfer are still showing a white x in a red circle indicating they can't be backed up to OneDrive....
  4. Red x's in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Red X in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Red X in explorer: I have a weird issue. I can't move files from one directory to another in file explorer. When I try it shows a red x. I can however use a 3rd party file manager and another user account is fine. Does anyone know the directory I need to delete to reset tis? submitted by...
  6. Red X marks in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Red X marks in File Explorer: My old computer and new computer are both running Windows 10. But on the new one I find two things that are not on the older one. 1 OneDrive seems to be built in. 2 Many files and folders show up in File Explorer with red X marks beside them. So I have two questions: 1...
  7. Files and folders with red x ?

Files and folders with red x ?: Help please, today i see small red x on all my files and folders. Why is this and what can i do to resolve the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-and-folders-with-red-x/6f31a649-110d-4da5-9607-71bc655c7b26
  8. Some folders / files display a red X.

in Windows 10 Support
    Some folders / files display a red X.: Some folders display a red X. What are they and how can I remove them? 148704
  9. All my files have a red X next to them?

All my files have a red X next to them?: How do I get rid of these red X's and Onedrive in a way so that I keep all my onedrive files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-have-a-red-x-next-to-them/d417fc42-bb9f-4c98-8263-50e835f09552"
  10. red circle symbol with X on my favorite folder in file explorer

red circle symbol with X on my favorite folder in file explorer: Like others have asked, why do I have that red circle with X on my favorite folder every thing is synced properly in that folder as I have asked Geek Squad to help me sync everything since I did have at one time the problem of those pesty thumb.db files causing problems with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. red x on folders windows 10

2. why in windows 1903 my files has an x mark