Windows 10: red x on internet Icon that won't go away, even with a network reset?

Discus and support red x on internet Icon that won't go away, even with a network reset? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been having this problem for 2 months now. I have windows 10 wired internet. On the internet icon, it has a red x on it and I am not able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by help_less_potato, Oct 16, 2018.

1. red x on internet Icon that won't go away, even with a network reset?

I have been having this problem for 2 months now. I have windows 10 wired internet. On the internet icon, it has a red x on it and I am not able to update windows 10. However, I am able to go on the internet and search things. When I click on the icon it says connected, but on the icon, it has an x on it. I tried a network reset, but that didn't work.

:)

help_less_potato, Oct 16, 2018
  2. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 16, 2018
  3. Wireless icon shows red x and says connected to internet

Hi Kamil,

To resolve your concern regarding the red (x) showing on your wireless icon, we suggest that you clear all preferred wireless networks from your network configuration by following the steps below:

• Click on Windows + I to launch Settings, and then choose
      Network & Internet.
    • Choose the WiFi tab, and then scroll down to find Manage known networks. Click it.
    • You will see a list of old wireless networks. Choose each and click on the
      Forget
      button to delete all of them.
    • Go to Network Connections, and make sure your wireless adapter is enabled by right clicking and selecting
      enable.
    • Make sure your WiFi router is working properly and there’s no network problem with your local area network.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Fred22 Win User

red x on internet Icon that won't go away, even with a network reset?

Red x on network icon

This is Vista question, but I usually get better results here. The network icon on my wife's desktop has a red X on it. I right clicked and it ran some kind of diagnostics and supposedly sent a message to MS, who I'll never hear from, I'm sure. My desktop is fine...no red x on my network icon and I'm able to play music files from my desktop on my Samsung smart TV. Do I need to concern myself with this red x?

Fred22, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

red x on internet Icon that won't go away, even with a network reset?

1. red x on internet Icon that won't go away, even with a network reset? - Similar Threads - red internet Icon

2. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X In My Lower Left Side Of My Computer Screen .I Can't Get Rid Of It By Right Clicking The Mouse Go Right Through It .Is There A Way To Remove It ?...
  3. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X In My Lower Left Side Of My Computer Screen .I Can't Get Rid Of It By Right Clicking The Mouse Go Right Through It .Is There A Way To Remove It ?...
  4. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X Above The Windows Search Box How Do I Get Rid Of It ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-with-red-x/5fee0f10-4bb1-4d90-9746-e25825a6dab7
  6. Red X on speaker icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red X on speaker icon: I had downloaded a few optional updates from settings, and the next thing I see is that there is a red X on my sound icon, its happened to me many times before, for me the solution is to reset your computer, its now the 4th time that I've been resetting my PC now. I've...
  7. Red X on speaker icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Red X on speaker icon: I had downloaded a few optional updates from settings, and the next thing I see is that there is a red X on my sound icon, its happened to me many times before, for me the solution is to reset your computer, its now the 4th time that I've been resetting my PC now. I've...
  8. Red x icon meaning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Red x icon meaning: Problem with start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-x-icon-meaning/d2f89e2e-e284-4aaa-8edf-8c7add726f2b
  9. Red "X" on the sound icon.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Red "X" on the sound icon.: So i have tried everything from here to remove the "X" https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/4-ways-to-fix-red-x-on-volume-icon/ Including re-installing the realtek drivers. The windows troubleshooter is not working either. So i am completely blank at this moment. So if theres...
  10. Red x on network icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Red x on network icon: This is Vista question, but I usually get better results here. The network icon on my wife's desktop has a red X on it. I right clicked and it ran some kind of diagnostics and supposedly sent a message to MS, who I'll never hear from, I'm sure. My desktop is fine...no red x...