Windows 10: red X on my speaker icon in bottom right corner

Discus and support red X on my speaker icon in bottom right corner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, i am using a headset, i had to disable a few services in admin mode today and then i signed back onto my normal user and now im getting 4 diffrent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AaronTripp5, Apr 16, 2020.

1. red X on my speaker icon in bottom right corner

Hi, i am using a headset, i had to disable a few services in admin mode today and then i signed back onto my normal user and now im getting 4 diffrent NVIDIA errors and its asking me which of these devices do you want to troubleshoot. can anyone help?

:)

AaronTripp5, Apr 16, 2020

2. Red X by my speaker icon.

Red X by my speaker icon. Message says "No Audio Output Device Installed" but the speakers are plugged in and work fine. I checked them on another computer.

Danny Yarbrough, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 16, 2020
  4. red X on my speaker icon in bottom right corner

Red X on the Network icon

There is a red x on the Network icon. My internet is connected but the red x is always there and annoying.

I was able to resolve this by following the steps below

Suggestions:

Method 1:

Right Click on Computer -> Manage

Under the System Tools section, double click on Local Users and Groups

Click Groups -> Right Click on Administrators -> Add to group -> Add -> Advanced -> Find now -> Double Click on Local Service -> Click Ok

Close all the windows, reboot the computer and check the status

Method 2:

Click Start -> Type CMD -> Right click on CMD -> Run as administrator
    Type net localgroup Administrators /add Local Service and press Enter
    Click OK when it says The Command Completed Successfully
    Reboot the computer and check the status

JosephSDavid, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

red X on my speaker icon in bottom right corner

1. red X on my speaker icon in bottom right corner - Similar Threads - red speaker icon

2. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X In My Lower Left Side Of My Computer Screen .I Can't Get Rid Of It By Right Clicking The Mouse Go Right Through It .Is There A Way To Remove It ?...
  3. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X In My Lower Left Side Of My Computer Screen .I Can't Get Rid Of It By Right Clicking The Mouse Go Right Through It .Is There A Way To Remove It ?...
  4. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X Above The Windows Search Box How Do I Get Rid Of It ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-with-red-x/5fee0f10-4bb1-4d90-9746-e25825a6dab7
  6. How do I get rid of the red X by my sound icon in the bottom right corner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the red X by my sound icon in the bottom right corner?: I accidentally installed the incorrect drivers for my laptop. Consequently, the functioning drivers were uninstalled. Everywhere online explained that you should go to your manufacturer's website to find the correct drivers. The only problem with this is that my manufacturer...
  7. How do I get rid of the red X by my sound icon in the bottom right corner?

How do I get rid of the red X by my sound icon in the bottom right corner?: I accidentally installed the incorrect drivers for my laptop. Consequently, the functioning drivers were uninstalled. Everywhere online explained that you should go to your manufacturer's website to find the correct drivers. The only problem with this is that my manufacturer...
  8. How do I get rid of the red X by my sound icon in the bottom right corner?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Red X on speaker icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red X on speaker icon: I had downloaded a few optional updates from settings, and the next thing I see is that there is a red X on my sound icon, its happened to me many times before, for me the solution is to reset your computer, its now the 4th time that I've been resetting my PC now. I've...
  10. Red X on speaker icon

Red X on speaker icon: I had downloaded a few optional updates from settings, and the next thing I see is that there is a red X on my sound icon, its happened to me many times before, for me the solution is to reset your computer, its now the 4th time that I've been resetting my PC now. I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speaker icon has a red x on my hp laptop

2. red x by speaker lap top