Windows 10: Red X on OneDrive IN File Explorer, but nothing seems wrong, how do I make it go away?

Discus and support Red X on OneDrive IN File Explorer, but nothing seems wrong, how do I make it go away? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH]No other folders or files have ANY sync issues whatsoever. I am very familiar with OneDrive an how to check for sync issues, but this REd X... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jimmy Fallon, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Red X on OneDrive IN File Explorer, but nothing seems wrong, how do I make it go away?

Red X on OneDrive IN File Explorer, but nothing seems wrong, how do I make it go away? 66e0c58f-b9fe-4ead-854b-cff7506e7bcd?upload=true.jpg No other folders or files have ANY sync issues whatsoever. I am very familiar with OneDrive an how to check for sync issues, but this REd X refuses to go away.

I have unlinked and re-linked OneDrive.

Signed in and Out.

What next?

See screenshot, thanks..

JF

:)

Jimmy Fallon, Apr 17, 2019
  2. lbeck Win User

what does red x mean in file explorer?

I just purchased a new laptop with presumably latest Windows 10. Working through some stuff I now see red circles with an "X" inserted by some File Explorer folders - some very important like "Documents". I tried restarting File Explorer and rebooting the computer but the symbols remain. Also, trying to access some files that I thought were saved are missing. Maybe I didn't actually save them or maybe there's another problem like trying to save to an "X"d folder.

What do these troubling symbols mean and how can I return to a clean File Explorer?

ADDED LATER:

Still looking for a solution I found here that the problem may be related to MSFT One Drive, which I was working with when the problem surfaced. As far as I can tell from the help, the "sync" operation is working. One Drive works okay on my desktop machine and no red x has ever shown previously or now.

Then, I see that the avast antivirus program may use a red x? see the screen capture. but Avast says no threats. Also, McAfee came preloaded on this new laptop and I'm unfamiliar with it's notifications and maybe the red x means that Avast is not working because McAfee is??

just some more clues.....

Red X on OneDrive IN File Explorer, but nothing seems wrong, how do I make it go away? [​IMG]

lbeck, Apr 17, 2019
  3. what does red x mean in file explorer?

I'm pretty sure the red x beside your file names is in Onedrive which means files are not syncing. Try searching solutions about fixing onedrive syncing.

Caledon Ken, Apr 17, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Red X on OneDrive IN File Explorer, but nothing seems wrong, how do I make it go away?

Red X Appears next to files i just transfered from a usb

Hi PvMUk,

That red x indicates that those files have not been synced to OneDrive just yet!

Check your OneDrive settings and check that your Documents is in the list of folders being synced . . .

DaveM121, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Red X on OneDrive IN File Explorer, but nothing seems wrong, how do I make it go away?

1. Red X on OneDrive IN File Explorer, but nothing seems wrong, how do I make it go away? - Similar Threads - Red OneDrive File

2. Red x's in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red x's in File Explorer: I was copying a bunch of files from an external HD when I maxed out my OneDrive capacity. I subscribed to more OneDrive space, but in File Explorer the folders involved in the transfer are still showing a white x in a red circle indicating they can't be backed up to OneDrive....
  3. Red x's in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Red x's in File Explorer: I was copying a bunch of files from an external HD when I maxed out my OneDrive capacity. I subscribed to more OneDrive space, but in File Explorer the folders involved in the transfer are still showing a white x in a red circle indicating they can't be backed up to OneDrive....
  4. Red x's in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to make it go away ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make it go away ?: Hello please someone help me understand why this pc hardware diagnostic UEFI keeps showing out of nowhere, like whenever I'm using my laptop it'd block and stop working and then it would shut down and this menu with memory test and hard drive test shows up and even when i hit...
  6. How to make it go away ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make it go away ?: Hello please someone help me understand why this pc hardware diagnostic UEFI keeps showing out of nowhere, like whenever I'm using my laptop it'd block and stop working and then it would shut down and this menu with memory test and hard drive test shows up and even when i hit...
  7. Red X in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Red X in explorer: I have a weird issue. I can't move files from one directory to another in file explorer. When I try it shows a red x. I can however use a 3rd party file manager and another user account is fine. Does anyone know the directory I need to delete to reset tis? submitted by...
  8. Explorer: Making libraries go away

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer: Making libraries go away: In File Explorer, I have unchecked "Show Libraries" and have added a subfolder of a subfolder of Documents to my Quick Access list. When I open the folder from QA, it expands to appear under Libraries > Documents > Documents > and so on, rather than in the main list headed by...
  9. Red X marks in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Red X marks in File Explorer: My old computer and new computer are both running Windows 10. But on the new one I find two things that are not on the older one. 1 OneDrive seems to be built in. 2 Many files and folders show up in File Explorer with red X marks beside them. So I have two questions: 1...
  10. How do I make this toolbar go away?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make this toolbar go away?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Rhino5253 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f30vqt/how_do_i_make_this_toolbar_go_away/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive red x

2. one drive red x on folder

3. red x on onedrive

4. red x onedrive,
  5. red x on onedrive folders,
  6. red x next to onedrive,
  7. one drive red x,
  8. what does red x mean in onedrive,
  9. one drive folder has red x,
  10. onedrive folder red x,
  11. one drive shows red x,