Windows 10: Red x on speaker - tried everything but no sound

Discus and support Red x on speaker - tried everything but no sound in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with Windows 10. I have done everything. I have used the trouble shooter. I have uninstalled all drivers and devices. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IHateJarte, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Red x on speaker - tried everything but no sound

I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with Windows 10. I have done everything. I have used the trouble shooter. I have uninstalled all drivers and devices. I am unable to uninstall past updates. I have contacted Acer and they can't help any more. Only thing I haven't done is reformat the computer. I got this comp in August and the speakers stopped working after 2 weeks. I used to be able to connect to bluetooth speakers and the sound would work. Now that doesn't even work. How do I fix this?

:)

IHateJarte, Jan 22, 2021
  2. StevePYYZ Win User

no sound plays through internal speakers

I cannot get any sound to play through the internal speakers of my laptop. It did play previously. The speaker in the task bar has a red and white x and the trouble shooter says no speakers headphones plugged in. When I pull up the info on sound it lists
    its location at HDMI port. Suggestions?

StevePYYZ, Jan 22, 2021
  3. ChrissyC2 Win User
    Red X gone but still no sound coming out of speakers after Windows update

after being forced to update to windows 10 my speaker icon for volume showed a red X, so I followed recommendations and the red X is NO longer there, but I still have no sound coming from the speakers, I've done everything and keep getting FAILURE TO PLAYBACK
    TEST TONE, please help

ChrissyC2, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Red x on speaker - tried everything but no sound

red X by audio after 1709 update - audio device gone in device manager.

Just updated to 1709, and got a red X by the speaker symbol. All instructions say "manually update the driver, or, de-install / re-install, or perform an automatic update... there's nothing to de-install / re-install and update. I was going to manually update
    the inf driver, but there is no audio or sound speaker symbols listed in my device manager - gone!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Lars

Catherine C_1919, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Red x on speaker - tried everything but no sound

1. Red x on speaker - tried everything but no sound - Similar Threads - Red speaker tried

2. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X In My Lower Left Side Of My Computer Screen .I Can't Get Rid Of It By Right Clicking The Mouse Go Right Through It .Is There A Way To Remove It ?...
  3. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X In My Lower Left Side Of My Computer Screen .I Can't Get Rid Of It By Right Clicking The Mouse Go Right Through It .Is There A Way To Remove It ?...
  4. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X Above The Windows Search Box How Do I Get Rid Of It ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-with-red-x/5fee0f10-4bb1-4d90-9746-e25825a6dab7
  6. Speaker Icon With Red X

Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X Above The Windows Search Box How Do I Get Rid Of It ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-with-red-x/5fee0f10-4bb1-4d90-9746-e25825a6dab7
  7. Red X on speaker icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red X on speaker icon: I had downloaded a few optional updates from settings, and the next thing I see is that there is a red X on my sound icon, its happened to me many times before, for me the solution is to reset your computer, its now the 4th time that I've been resetting my PC now. I've...
  8. Red X on speaker icon

Red X on speaker icon: I had downloaded a few optional updates from settings, and the next thing I see is that there is a red X on my sound icon, its happened to me many times before, for me the solution is to reset your computer, its now the 4th time that I've been resetting my PC now. I've...
  9. Red X on speaker icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Red X over speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Red X over speakers: So recently I was using my laptop and suddenly found that I have no sound. Yes I've went in and uninstalled and reinstalled the main program I have the sound run on. I also restarted my laptop 3 times and nothing works....