Windows 10: Red X on volume on tray

Discus and support Red X on volume on tray in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a red X on my volume button in the bottom of my computer. I have no volume. It just happened today. I haven't done anything to my computer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tweetnana, Apr 3, 2020.

1. tweetnana Win User

Red X on volume on tray

I have a red X on my volume button in the bottom of my computer. I have no volume. It just happened today. I haven't done anything to my computer to change this. How do I get it off so I have volume? Thank you so much for your help..

:)

tweetnana, Apr 3, 2020
  2. fidget77 Win User

False red X on volume icon in the system tray (broken volume system tray icon) when sound is on in Windows 10 after Windows Creators Update

If I turn off sound through volume icon in system tray, then turn it on and reboot pc, red X remains on volume icon in the system tray and it seems broken, it doesn't turn off if I switch volume on/off. Red X is still there on the volume icon even though
    sound is on, when icon is on, sound drivers work fine. Red X doesn't go away from volume icon unless I reboot pc once more or force restart explorer.exe process. This happens with all versions of Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers I tried, even those installed
    by Windows Update. I reinstalled multiple versions and tried multiple fixes, nothing seems to solve this. I think this happened since Windows 10 Creators Update

fidget77, Apr 3, 2020
  3. fidget77 Win User
    False red X on volume icon in the system tray (broken volume system tray icon) when sound is on in Windows 10 after Windows Creators Update

Speakers are enabled, sound works fine. Its just the volume system tray icon that gets broken when used and this happens only if I use the volume system tray icon by left clicking it to mute/unmute sound and then restart the PC. The false red X appears
    on volume icon in the system tray and doesn't go away unless I restart PC again.

fidget77, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Red X on volume on tray

Red X on system tray connection icon.

Hi,

This might be a network connection issue. If you are connected to the Internet, but can't access it and have a red X on the connection tray icon, follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this support article to help resolve the issue:
    Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

Give us an update on how it goes.

Anne Ros, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Red X on volume on tray

1. Red X on volume on tray - Similar Threads - Red volume tray

2. red x

in Windows 10 Gaming
    red x: Why do i get a red x when i am trying to burn a cd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-x/c67ee4e9-270c-4cbe-bf37-43d6726c79d3
  3. red x

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    red x: Why do i get a red x when i am trying to burn a cd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-x/c67ee4e9-270c-4cbe-bf37-43d6726c79d3
  4. No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume: Hello Everyone, about 80% of domain joined computers have gotten the Red x. After troubleshooting we found a quick fix rather then imaging the whole computer. The fix was going to Registry Editor as admin and following this path...
  5. No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume: Hello Everyone, about 80% of domain joined computers have gotten the Red x. After troubleshooting we found a quick fix rather then imaging the whole computer. The fix was going to Registry Editor as admin and following this path...
  6. No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Red x

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red x: I have a red x on applications on my desktop how dp I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-x/e34d33a4-3abb-436f-b62c-3428c362e2d8
  8. red x

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    red x: I have a red x though my live messenger how do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-x/ccfafb8d-1b43-4260-be00-12bfa5b1aad7
  9. RED X

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RED X: Just got a new computer and there is a red x next to desktop, pictures ...how do I get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-x/76bfe88e-f667-4d00-b796-7fa0fb112fdd
  10. Red X on Tray Icon appears on Wifi and Audio

in Windows 10 Support
    Red X on Tray Icon appears on Wifi and Audio: Hi guys. Im having a problem. What happened was i tried opening a software called Pokemon Revolution online. People call it a client. When i did, it crashed and became "not responding." So what i did was held the power button to force restart it. Now, when it restarted it...