Windows 10: Red X over speakers

Discus and support Red X over speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So recently I was using my laptop and suddenly found that I have no sound. Yes I've went in and uninstalled and reinstalled the main program I have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by numbskull1738, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Red X over speakers

So recently I was using my laptop and suddenly found that I have no sound. Yes I've went in and uninstalled and reinstalled the main program I have the sound run on. I also restarted my laptop 3 times and nothing works.

:)

numbskull1738, Oct 12, 2018

2. Red X by my speaker icon.

Red X by my speaker icon. Message says "No Audio Output Device Installed" but the speakers are plugged in and work fine. I checked them on another computer.

Danny Yarbrough, Oct 12, 2018
  3. red X by audio after 1709 update - audio device gone in device manager.

Just updated to 1709, and got a red X by the speaker symbol. All instructions say "manually update the driver, or, de-install / re-install, or perform an automatic update... there's nothing to de-install / re-install and update. I was going to manually update
    the inf driver, but there is no audio or sound speaker symbols listed in my device manager - gone!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Lars

Catherine C_1919, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Red X over speakers

There is a red X on the speaker symbol and blocked by User Account Control

what started all this is , my speakers on my laptop were not on, so i went to turn them up. there is a red X on the speaker symbol. this is the error. Audio playback diagnostic 0x800706b5 MFE2014-01\administrator

Deb McGrail, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Red X over speakers

1. Red X over speakers - Similar Threads - Red speakers

2. What can I do to fix my speaker issue. My volume's on but there's a little red x next to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can I do to fix my speaker issue. My volume's on but there's a little red x next to...: Even though my volume is on, the speaker icon has a little red x next to it and I'm trying to figure out how to fix it, but the Get Help app from the settings app didn't help and so I have no idea what to do to fix it. What do I do?...
  3. What can I do to fix my speaker issue. My volume's on but there's a little red x next to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What can I do to fix my speaker issue. My volume's on but there's a little red x next to...: Even though my volume is on, the speaker icon has a little red x next to it and I'm trying to figure out how to fix it, but the Get Help app from the settings app didn't help and so I have no idea what to do to fix it. What do I do?...
  4. What can I do to fix my speaker issue. My volume's on but there's a little red x next to...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X In My Lower Left Side Of My Computer Screen .I Can't Get Rid Of It By Right Clicking The Mouse Go Right Through It .Is There A Way To Remove It ?...
  6. Speaker Icon With Red X

Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X In My Lower Left Side Of My Computer Screen .I Can't Get Rid Of It By Right Clicking The Mouse Go Right Through It .Is There A Way To Remove It ?...
  7. Speaker Icon With Red X

8. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X Above The Windows Search Box How Do I Get Rid Of It ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-with-red-x/5fee0f10-4bb1-4d90-9746-e25825a6dab7
  9. Speaker Icon With Red X

Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X Above The Windows Search Box How Do I Get Rid Of It ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-with-red-x/5fee0f10-4bb1-4d90-9746-e25825a6dab7
  10. Speaker Icon With Red X