Windows 10: red x's in file manager because of one drive

Discus and support red x's in file manager because of one drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do I get rid of the red x's in the file manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimduffy1optonline.net, Dec 17, 2019.

1. red x's in file manager because of one drive

how do I get rid of the red x's in the file manager

:)

jimduffy1optonline.net, Dec 17, 2019

2. all my network drives have red X's

Hi Christophe,

The red "X" icon that shows on your network drives indicates that your network devices are not connected. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • Are you getting any error messages when accessing the drives?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you performed to resolve your concern?
    • Could you attach related screenshots on your next post to help us understand the situation better.

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Red X by files that I copied onto hard drive

I used window 10 explore to copy files on my portable hard drive to onto my surface book hard drive and red x[s show up next to the file. I can open the file but the red x does not go away. What is going on?

JimFlanary, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Davoodoo Win User

red x's in file manager because of one drive

Davoodoo, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

red x's in file manager because of one drive

1. red x's in file manager because of one drive - Similar Threads - red x's file

2. My One Drive folders are showing a red X and tries to save files a A-

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My One Drive folders are showing a red X and tries to save files a A-: My One Drive folders are showing a red x. I can open a file but cannot save it as it doesn't recognise the file address or name . It renames the file A- and says cannot locate OneDrive even though I have just opened it from the onedrive...
  3. My One Drive folders are showing a red X and tries to save files a A-

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My One Drive folders are showing a red X and tries to save files a A-: My One Drive folders are showing a red x. I can open a file but cannot save it as it doesn't recognise the file address or name . It renames the file A- and says cannot locate OneDrive even though I have just opened it from the onedrive...
  4. Red x's in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red x's in File Explorer: I was copying a bunch of files from an external HD when I maxed out my OneDrive capacity. I subscribed to more OneDrive space, but in File Explorer the folders involved in the transfer are still showing a white x in a red circle indicating they can't be backed up to OneDrive....
  5. Red x's in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Red x's in File Explorer: I was copying a bunch of files from an external HD when I maxed out my OneDrive capacity. I subscribed to more OneDrive space, but in File Explorer the folders involved in the transfer are still showing a white x in a red circle indicating they can't be backed up to OneDrive....
  6. Red x's in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Red x's next to files due to one drive being full, emptied one drive after reading it will...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Red x's next to files due to one drive being full, emptied one drive after reading it will...: Does anyone know how to turn this off one drive crap off? I about blew a fuse when upgrading to home allowed Hyper-V at the cost of not being able to run GNS3 / VMware / Any other Hypervisor, its like I paid $100 to wreck my PC at this point. /venting Anyone know how to...
  8. Files and folders with red x ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files and folders with red x ?: Help please, today i see small red x on all my files and folders. Why is this and what can i do to resolve the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-and-folders-with-red-x/6f31a649-110d-4da5-9607-71bc655c7b26
  9. Drive Icons in File Explorer have red x's?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive Icons in File Explorer have red x's?: Greetings guys and girls. My drive icons suddenly look like this? Anyone else seen this? How do I fix this? (Running 1903) 136281
  10. Drive Icons in File Explorer have red x's?

in Windows 10 Support
    Drive Icons in File Explorer have red x's?: Greetings guys and girls. My drive icons suddenly look like this? Anyone else seen this? How do I fix this? (Running 1903) 136281

Users found this page by searching for:

1. red x does not go away on a networked drive

2. red x on one drive