Windows 10: Redeemed Minecraft download code to wrong account

Discus and support Redeemed Minecraft download code to wrong account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought the java version of Minecraft quite some time ago (2017), and then redeemed the code for the Windows 10 version to a desktop that was logged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LukeOwens, Nov 5, 2019.

1. LukeOwens Win User

Redeemed Minecraft download code to wrong account

I bought the java version of Minecraft quite some time ago (2017), and then redeemed the code for the Windows 10 version to a desktop that was logged in to my wife's account. I have a new computer now, and would like to revoke the code from her account to mine so I can use it on my computer without having to buy it again. Is there any way to get the code transferred back to my account? Thank you in advance.

:)

LukeOwens, Nov 5, 2019
  2. HannahLT Win User

Minecraft code redeemed on wrong account

Hi.

I had a free version of minecraft with a code for windows 10 to redeem. My friend wanted it, however I got confused and redeemed it through my account and now can't give them the code.

Is there possibly a way to be sent a new code to replace this as I know you can't take a code of an account. But now I have x2 minecraft on my account when I don't need it lol.

Help if possible?

Giving my friend my account is out of question for security reasons.

Thanks.

***Original title: I accidentally redeemed a code on the wrong account.***

HannahLT, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10: Issues with redeeming code for Minecraft Beta Edition.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with
    redeeming a code for Minecraft Beta Edition app on Windows 10.

The issue could occur if the code is not redeemed properly or it is already redeemed.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "redeem my Minecraft Beta edition", how exactly have you tried to redeem the code?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about redeeming the code and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/learn-gift-card

Please get back to us with an update on issue with redeeming code for
    Minecraft Beta Edition app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Redeemed Minecraft download code to wrong account

Minecraft code redeemed on wrong account

Hi Hannah,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to redeeming Minecraft on a wrong account. For further clarity on the issue, I would like to know if the code was purchased from Microsoft or Mojang website.

Usually, once a code is redeemed to an account it cannot be transferred to another account. You may want to refer the article

Redeem a gift card or code to your Microsoft account
    for more information.

However, if you have purchased the game from Microsoft Store, then you can get in touch with our

Technical Support Team
    for assistance related to the issue, as in the forums we don’t have the right tools to assist you with the code redemption issue.

In case the code was purchased from Mojang website, then you may need to get in touch with the
    Mojang support team for further assistance.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Redeemed Minecraft download code to wrong account

1. Redeemed Minecraft download code to wrong account - Similar Threads - Redeemed Minecraft download

2. Redeemed minecraft java on wrong account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Redeemed minecraft java on wrong account: Hello I accidentally redeem a minecraft java account code on the wrong account. The account I redeemed it on already has a minecraft java account on it. If anyone can please help thank you....
  3. Redeemed minecraft java on wrong account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Redeemed minecraft java on wrong account: Hello I accidentally redeem a minecraft java account code on the wrong account. The account I redeemed it on already has a minecraft java account on it. If anyone can please help thank you....
  4. Redeemed minecraft java on wrong account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Minecraft Redeem Code

Minecraft Redeem Code: I have recently tried to apply for Minecraft bedrock as my account was made in 2016 and can get a free copy. However, I never get an email for a confirmation code to redeem the game. Help?...
  6. minecraft redeem code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft redeem code: i was recently gifted a minecraft redeem code but its for xbox one.... does anyone know how i could exchange it with a code for java edition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-redeem-code/835d4739-878a-4df7-9284-14b42f7e23db
  7. Redeem code for Minecraft

Redeem code for Minecraft: Hi, I've been trying to redeem my gift code for a while so that I can get the bedrock edition because I install the wrong version Java and it is saying I have to put in a code? Of which I am not receiving. Help please I don't know what to do anymore! Thanks for your time!...
  8. Minecraft code redeemed on wrong account

Minecraft code redeemed on wrong account: Hi. I had a free version of minecraft with a code for windows 10 to redeem. My friend wanted it, however I got confused and redeemed it through my account and now can't give them the code. Is there possibly a way to be sent a new code to replace this as I know you can't...
  9. I accidentally redeemed a code on the wrong account.

I accidentally redeemed a code on the wrong account.: Hi. I had a free version of minecraft with a code for windows 10 to redeem. My friend wanted it, however I got confused and redeemed it through my account and now can't give them the code. Is there possibly a way to be sent a new code to replace this as I know you can't...
  10. Minecraft Redeem Code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Redeem Code: Hi, my question is one that I would greatly appreciate any help i could get from it. So I had gone to download Minecraft from Windows, I had already purchased Minecraft from Java back in 2014, so I simply did the redeem code option that allowed me to get Minecraft for free,...