Windows 10: Redeeming live access key for Fallout 3

Discus and support Redeeming live access key for Fallout 3 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a physical copy of fallout 3 but no optical drive on my laptop. I would like to activate this key on my windows live account to be able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WalterDowney, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Redeeming live access key for Fallout 3

I have a physical copy of fallout 3 but no optical drive on my laptop. I would like to activate this key on my windows live account to be able to download and play it. Is there a way to do this or is my copy of the game worthless?

:)

WalterDowney, Sep 5, 2019
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Live access key included with Fallout 3 GOTY for PC

Hi,

When playing Fallout 3 on your computer, you will be asked for your Live Access key. This is where you will enter the key that you had. You need to make sure that it is the key that you used under the same Live profile. Do you play the game under Steam client?
    If so, we recommend that you contact Steam Support to further assist you on how to check your Live Access key.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ariel Acu, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Fallout 3 games for windows live

Hi nieuwgamer,

Compatibility issue is one of the possible reasons why you're not able to install the Fallout 3 on your Windows 10 computer. To help you resolve this concern, I recommend that you run the compatibility troubleshooter. To do this, you may refer to the link
    below:

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

If the issue persists, you may check out the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps posted by BossDweeb.

Click here

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Redeeming live access key for Fallout 3

fallout 3 will not open

hi there readers. I bought fallout 3:special edition (in disc form) and installed both discs on my laptop. When I went back to disc 1 to open it ,the menu was there, but when I pressed start, it said ``could not locate file in c:/windows/system32/xlive.dll``.

I found someone with a similar problem ,but when I tried the suggestion given, I realised that I wasn't signed into Xbox live I'm not sure what to do

thank you for any replies given.

finnmurphy21, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Redeeming live access key for Fallout 3

1. Redeeming live access key for Fallout 3 - Similar Threads - Redeeming live access

2. fallout 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fallout 3: Not able to run on steam missing dll files and just not working through steam on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fallout-3/34df14e8-206e-4cf3-ba25-940c0e6b80f5
  3. Fallout 3 GFWLive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fallout 3 GFWLive: I'm trying to play Fallout 3 for the first time on steam and it says to download gfwlive. I download the setup file and begin to download it, halfway through the download it stops and the logs states: Download Error: 0x800c0006 A network error occurred while attempting to...
  4. Fallout 3 GFWLive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fallout 3 GFWLive: I'm trying to play Fallout 3 for the first time on steam and it says to download gfwlive. I download the setup file and begin to download it, halfway through the download it stops and the logs states: Download Error: 0x800c0006 A network error occurred while attempting to...
  5. Fallout 3 GFWLive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. fallout 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fallout 3: Trying to play fallout 3 on steam. I get this error message " the ordinal 43 could not be located in the dynamic link library c:/windows/system32\xlive.dill." All research I have done on the matter seems to suggest this is an issue with Games for Windows Live. Have tried...
  7. Fallout 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fallout 3: So, the last time I ran F/O-3 was back under XP or 97, now, of course it's Win/10 & it will not run. But a work around talks about A file, gfwlivesetup.exe. But I get an error msg. says combatability issues, just running THAT file. Any Ideas? I like the game Oldie, but a...
  8. fallout 3 will not open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fallout 3 will not open: hi there readers. I bought fallout 3:special edition (in disc form) and installed both discs on my laptop. When I went back to disc 1 to open it ,the menu was there, but when I pressed start, it said ``could not locate file in c:/windows/system32/xlive.dll``. I found someone...
  9. fallout 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fallout 3: I bought Fallout 3 goty on steam and am having massive difficulty getting it to work right, any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fallout-3/b7932775-7bbd-4e9c-a956-da19abfdb333
  10. cant install games for windows live for fallout 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant install games for windows live for fallout 3: Hey guys, so I've been trying to play fallout 3, but unfortunately that means I have to install games for windows live, and it wont work. i download the installer and run it, it says success, then I launch it, and it tells me that it's not installed. Then it sends me to a...