Windows 10: Redeeming Microsoft reward points/giftcards as a minor

Discus and support Redeeming Microsoft reward points/giftcards as a minor in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I want to buy something from the Microsoft store but it won't let me. I've been told I needed to be added to a Microsoft family group by a parent and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by _144, Feb 12, 2022.

1. _144 Win User

Redeeming Microsoft reward points/giftcards as a minor

I want to buy something from the Microsoft store but it won't let me. I've been told I needed to be added to a Microsoft family group by a parent and have them enable my spending. However, I have only read about parents being to put credits/money into their child's account and not how I could use my gift cards when redeemed into my Microsoft account. Before I do anything I regret, can any of you tell me what to do?

:)

2. microsoft points

Hi Bobbie,

You can browse the
    Redeem page
    to see the rewards available to you. Once you have enough points to redeem your reward, each of those eligible rewards will light up for redemption on your Rewards page. Simply select
    Redeem and follow the steps.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Aileen Alf, Feb 12, 2022
  3. Microsoft Rewards Failed to Redeem

In the past hour, I have redeemed 3 dollars worth of Xbox Live/Microsoft Points in order to purchase a game. Earlier today, I had a running total of approximately 13,000 Microsoft Rewards points, accumulated over the past few months.

I attempted to redeem another 10 dollars after the 3 dollar code, but after I attempted to purchase the 10 dollar code, the page presented me with an error, something to the effect of, "Sorry, it's not you, it's us," with some smaller print under that.
    When I looked on my email to see view the confirmation code for the 3 dollar one, I did not see a confirmation email for the 10 dollar one.

Under the assumption that the transaction didn't go through, I went back to redeem the 10 dollar code, but was surprised when I got an error stating that I "did not have sufficient points" to make the transaction.

So now I am without a 10 dollar Xbox Live code and approximately 10,000 Microsoft Rewards points.

I believe it is an error with the servers, and not a user error, but I am willing to accept that I was at fault if I receive the points back. Also, it is not an error with my email, as I have already received one confirmation email.

beasticle1199, Feb 12, 2022
Thema:

Redeeming Microsoft reward points/giftcards as a minor

1. Redeeming Microsoft reward points/giftcards as a minor - Similar Threads - Redeeming Microsoft reward

2. Why wont my microsoft rewards points redeem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my microsoft rewards points redeem?: I have tried redeeming my Microsoft reward points and when asked to link a number to my account it said that there is a problem with my account or the purchase. I then removed the phone number and tried another and still came up with the same error message when trying to...
  3. Why wont my microsoft rewards points redeem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why wont my microsoft rewards points redeem?: I have tried redeeming my Microsoft reward points and when asked to link a number to my account it said that there is a problem with my account or the purchase. I then removed the phone number and tried another and still came up with the same error message when trying to...
  4. microsoft rewards redeem problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft rewards redeem problem: mirosoft rewards showing cotact you for rewards problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-rewards-redeem-problem/d83c21b0-6fa6-4d5f-a5f4-1c976a61d337
  5. Redeeming Microsoft reward points/giftcards as a minor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Redeeming Microsoft reward points/giftcards as a minor: I want to buy something from the Microsoft store but it won't let me. I've been told I needed to be added to a Microsoft family group by a parent and have them enable my spending. However, I have only read about parents being to put credits/money into their child's account...
  6. Redeeming Microsoft reward points/giftcards as a minor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Redeeming Microsoft reward points/giftcards as a minor: I want to buy something from the Microsoft store but it won't let me. I've been told I needed to be added to a Microsoft family group by a parent and have them enable my spending. However, I have only read about parents being to put credits/money into their child's account...
  7. Unable to redeem Microsoft reward

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to redeem Microsoft reward: Every time I enter in my phone number countless times It won't let me get this 10$ Xbox Gift card and its actually getting very annoying and I was wondering if you could give me a solution to this I contacted the Reward support and are not responding. Here is some screenshots...
  8. Redeeming my Giftcard

Redeeming my Giftcard: When I go to the store, type in the code and click redeem, it says there was a problem on their end. I have a feeling it is something I did but I do not know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/redeeming-my-giftcard/0983c37c-2b16-45a0-963c-0c77a0ec427e
  9. Not able to redeem rewards from my points

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to redeem rewards from my points: Whenever i tried to redeem the xbox game pass for pc and confirm it It shows the account and order has some issue. I have a laptop and Android on Which I have tried to redeem it .can you plss tell how can i redeem it...
  10. Having an issue with redeeming my Rewards points

Having an issue with redeeming my Rewards points: I have enough points to redeem a $5 Xbox gift card, so I go to my rewards dashboard: https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/redeem/checkout/verify And I receive an error stating: Sorry, something went wrong. We're not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help,...